Just as Christmas is a time of giving it also is a time of receiving. God became flesh in the form of a human man; a baby born from a virgin, the baby Jesus. We celebrate His birth at Christmas, December 25th.
We too can have Eternal Life with Him, if we receive Jesus into our lives, believe in God’s plan of salvation; that is, the birth, death and resurrection of God’s Son, Jesus Christ. All we need to do is receive this free gift from God His Son, who was born to save us of our sins. He became a Savior for all mankind. Sin brings death in ones life, an eternal death in hell; which will separate us from heaven, an eternal life with God Himself. We can choose heaven or hell, it is our choice. Simply, receive Jesus or deny Jesus.
In this letter we will see how sin brings death to life. Yes, SIN was brought to life when Adam disobeyed God. God said that man had to die because of disobedience. In sinning, man dies spiritually, forever separated with God. Over 2000 years ago, God came as man, to die so we could have life with Him.
NOW, TODAY, we can have life and life more abundantly through Jesus Christ. It was God’s plan that man must die so that life could once again be established in man. Yes, dying out daily to the old man called “sin” is a must to live the life called “Eternal Life”.
God has given man a free will, a choice daily, to obey or disobey which will bring spiritual, life or death. In order to choose life, man MUST obey God and remain in right standing with the Father.
There is ONLY one way to keep our relationship with the Father and that is through obedience. First and foremost is to receive Jesus as your personal Savior. Secondly, keeping the relationship alive, one must stay in contact with God, through DAILY Prayer (communication) with God and meditation (reading/studying) His Word (the Bible).
The true believer must live by faith. The ONLY way to obey God’s Word is by applying it and acting on what He speaks to our hearts; in our everyday living.
The old nature will always be around trying to take a foothold, but remember, the old man SIN, was put to death by our Lord and Savior, Jesus. Man was restored to the place with God through Christ’s resurrection.
We can now come into the presence of God with confidence and be assured that He will answer our requests. YES, SIN brings death to life, BUT life (abiding in Christ) brings death to SIN. The ONLY way to have life is to die and death is the ONLY way to life. We choose LIFE when we become a believer. To become a believer, one MUST be renewed in his spirit by new birth, the born-again experience.
- John 3:3 Jesus replied, “I assure you, unless you are born again (from above), you can never see the Kingdom of God.”
- John 3:5 Jesus replied, “The truth is, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
- John 3:8 Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit.”
- Titus 3:5 He saved us, not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy.
This new birth is produced through:
1. The Holy Spirit…He washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit.
2. The Word of God…James 1:18 In his goodness he chose to make us his own children by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his choice possession.1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again. Your new life did not come from your earthly parents because the life they gave you will end in death. But this new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.
3. Faith…1 John 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too.
The New Birth – (born-again) is death to the old ways. Yes…the old nature…the carnal nature…putting to death anything and everything that is wrong.
The New Birth…will bring these six results in your life:
1. New creation…2 Corinthians 5:17 What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!
2. Changed life…Romans 6:4-11 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives. Since we have been united with him in his death, we will also be raised as he was. Our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin. And since we died with Christ, we know we will also share his new life. We are sure of this because Christ rose from the dead, and he will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him. He died once to defeat sin, and now he lives for the glory of God. So you should consider yourselves dead to sin and able to live for the glory of God through Christ Jesus.
3. Holy Life…1 John 3:9 Those who have been born into God’s family do not sin, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they have been born of God.
4. Righteousness…1 John 2:29 Since we know that God is always right, we also know that all who do what is right are his children.
5. Love…1 John 3:10 So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the Devil. Anyone who does not obey God’s commands and does not love other Christians does not belong to God.
6. Victory…1 John 5:4 For every child of God defeats this evil world by trusting Christ to give the victory.
NINE…Characteristics of sinners.
Sinners are…Hostile to God…Jude 1:15 He will bring the people of the world to judgment. He will convict the ungodly of all the evil things they have done in rebellion and of all the insults that godless sinners have spoken against him.”
Sinners are…Scheme wickedly…Psalm 26:9 Don’t let me suffer the fate of sinners. Don’t condemn me along with murderers. Psalm 26:10 Their hands are dirty with wicked schemes, and they constantly take bribes.
Sinners are…Easily ensnared…Ecclesiastes 7:26 I discovered that a seductive woman is more bitter than death. Her passion is a trap, and her soft hands will bind you. Those who please God will escape from her, but sinners will be caught in her snare.
Sinners …Can entice the righteous…Proverbs 1:10 My child, if sinners entice you, turn your back on them!
Law made for…the sinners…1 Tim. 1:9 But they were not made for people who do what is right. They are for people who are disobedient and rebellious, who are ungodly and sinful, who consider nothing sacred and defile what is holy, who murder their father or mother or other people.
Sinners are…Conscious of sin…Luke 18:13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’
Sinners are…Able to repent…Luke 15:7 In the same way, heaven will be happier over one lost sinner who returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away! Luke 15:10 In the same way, there is joy in the presence of God’s angels when even one sinner repents.”
Sinners are…Able to be converted…James 5:20 you can be sure that the one who brings that person back will save that sinner from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins.
Sinners are…In need of cleansing…James 4:8 Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, you hypocrites.
SIN must be destroyed in one’s life…yes put to death all that is not of God…for SIN awakens DEATH in the believer…Death MUST not be brought to life in one’s body, soul or spirit.
SIN must be forsaken… “The wages of SIN is Death”…SIN brings death to “Consciousness”, death to “spirituality”, death to all that is holy and good. DEATH! SIN AWAKENS DEATH and DEATH allowed to live brings ETERNAL DEATH TO THE SOUL! GLORY is the very presence of God! PERFECT HAPPINESS!
GLORY is a place of beauty & splendor by God’s side (Exodus 33:22)
…A place of “Pardon”
…A place of “Mercy”
…A place of “Blessing”
…A place of “Forgiveness”
…A place of “Separation”
…A place of “Protection”
…A place of “Familiarity”
…A place of “Friendship”
…A place of “Vision”
…A place of “Worship”
…A place of “Intercession” GLORY is a place of Great Honor –
- Exodus 34:10 The LORD replied, “All right. This is the covenant (promise) I am going to make with you. I will perform wonders that have never been done before anywhere in all the earth or in any nation. And all the people around you will see the power of the LORD—the awesome power I will display through you.
The Price for God’s Glory…Living in obedience. (Exodus 31:11)
A place of fellowship and communion…with God. Exodus 33:14 (KJV) And he (God) said, “My presence shall go with thee,” and I will give thee rest.
TODAY, I choose to KILL SIN in my life, by faith, I apply the blood of Jesus over my body, soul and spirit…killing SIN. I choose to turn from all SIN!
Yes, TODAY, I choose JESUS, “the way, the truth and the life”.
SIN must be kept outside of the camp, outside the dwelling place – the body, the temple, the church, the home.
The Place of Glory, where SIN is dead and ALIVE forevermore!
Love in Christ Jesus,