I was up early enjoying the morning rain, sitting under my gazebo in my backyard, pondering over the greatness of God, as I wrote this letter.
Let’s begin this letter by stating; in this day you will hear all types of people saying God is here, God is there. Following after a new thing or the newest fad IS NOT the answer. We all want to know God and desire for God to become real in our lives.
We must search for God in the same way all who have found Him did in the past! When you search for God His way, you will find Him. It is not a hidden secret. Great men of God in the past and today have always found God, when they searched for Him with ALL their body; mind, spirit and soul. The question is how determined are you to find God?
God is NOT showing up in new ways. He still works in mankind the same today as He did 2000 years ago. Everything we need comes from God; salvation through Jesus Christ, revelation of the Bible distributed by the power of the Holy Spirit. The Gospel is still the same and we receive salvation and eternal life through believing in Jesus Christ; repenting and turning from our wicked, sinful ways.
Again let me say, their is only one way, to God and for Eternal Life and that is believing in His death, burial and resurrection; His sacrifice and shed blood that washes away the sin to who will believe and receive.
There is no other way to God. God’s plan for mankind on this earth is finished until Jesus returns to gather up His “church”. God’s plan was and is through born- again experience. The Bible states this and the only ones that have found God was through the blood of Jesus.
God’s Word has been proven time and time again; through Prophets, Apostles, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers alike.
- There is NO new way that you receive Salvation and can go to Heaven.
- There is NO new way to receive God best for you; which includes a relationship with Him, the infilling of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
There will be troubles, tribulations here on earth as long as we live. What makes the difference is who we put our faith and trust in. When man earnestly SEEKS GOD for himself, He will find Him; for it will take prayer and (revelation) that of understanding God’s Word to bring it to past.
When man earnestly SEEKS GOD for himself, He will find Him; for it will take prayer and (revelation) that of understanding God’s Word to bring it to past.
I love what God’s Word states in:
- Hebrews 13:5-9 (NLT) Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” So we can say with confidence, “The LORD is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”
Remember your leaders who (spoke) taught you the word of God. Think of all the good that has come from their lives, and follow the example of their faith.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. So do not be attracted by strange (teachings), new ideas. Your strength comes from God’s grace, not from rules about food, which don’t help those who follow them.
So do not be attracted by strange (teachings), new ideas. Your strength comes from God’s grace, not from rules about food, which don’t help those who follow them.
In Matthew, Jesus warns us NOT TO WORRY about anything…for your GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU.
Matthew 6:30-34 (NIV) If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Let’s break this down for a clearer understanding…
- (Matthew 6:31), for by worrying we can never add any amount of time, not even a single hour, to our life. Rather than being like the pagans who are concerned about physical needs, the Lord’s disciples (Christians today) should be concerned about the things of God, His kingdom and His righteousness (living righteously). Then all these needs (things) will be supplied in God’s timing. This is the life of daily faith.
It does no good to worry – do not worry occurs three times (vs. 25, 31, 34, 27-28)—or be concerned about tomorrow for there are sufficient matters to attend to each day. Worrying shows that one has “little faith” in what God can do (v.30 you of little faith in 8:26; 14:31; 16:8). As a (follower of Christ) a disciple cares each day for the things God has trusted to him, God, his heavenly Father (6:26, 32), cares for his daily needs.
Then all these needs (things) will be supplied in God’s timing. This is the life of daily faith. It does no good to worry-do not worry occurs three times (vs. 25, 31, 34, 27-28)—or be concerned about tomorrow for there are sufficient matters to attend to each day. Worrying shows that one has “little faith” in what God can do (v.30 you of little faith in 8:26; 14:31; 16:8). As a (follower of Christ) a disciple cares each day for the things God has trusted to him, God, his heavenly Father (6:26, 32), cares for his daily needs.
Again in Luke, Jesus talks about what is of MOST IMPORTANT…the things of God. Let me put this in today’s understanding.
- (Luke 12:22-34) If a person is occupied with the things of God, the true Master, how will he care for his ordinary needs in life, such as food, clothing, and shelter? The Pharisees in their pursuit of material things had never learned to live by faith. Jesus told them and us not to worry about these things, for life is more important than physical things. He cited several illustrations to prove His point. The birds of the air are fed by the heavenly Father, and the lilies of the field grow in such a way that their splendor is greater than even Solomon’s. Jesus was saying God has built into His Creation the means by which all things are cared for. The birds are fed because they diligently work to maintain their lives. They do not store up great amounts of food, but continually work. And believers are far more valuable to God than birds! The lilies grow daily through a natural process. Therefore an individual need not be anxious about his existence.
Now that we have established that God REALLY CARES for us and WILL TAKE CARE of us, we are not to worry.
We are to seek after God for who HE IS. Prayer, praise and worship, goes a long way in getting to know God. He has sent the Holy Spirit to be in us and to be our everyday helper and guide.
If we are to go after anything in this world it is to go after God; to know Jesus and His Resurrection power and be filled with His presence. Jesus stated, that He and his father, God, would always be with us, through the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit wants to take up residence in us and work through us.
I would like to encourage everyone, to go after God and allow for the infilling of the Holy Spirit. It is to be our everyday desire. Not the fly by night fads that God is here and God is there.
You can and will meet God just where you are, in your home; in the workplace at the market, in church, just open your heart and receive. Continue to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. God is calling mankind to seek His face… yes, seek and find the fullness of God…hear His voice…cry out to Him.
David puts it like this in:
- Psalm 27:8 (KJV) When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Another translation reads…My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “LORD, I am coming.”
I believe there are certain times the Lord calls us out of our daily routine in life to “SEEK MY FACE”. The highest form of seeking God is not for personal needs…
…but to seek God for Himself.
- A place of maturity…
- A place of breakthrough…
- A place of Holiness.
In the past and the same today, it will take seeking God to find God. There must be a hunger and thirst after Godly ways and right living. It will take dedication, consecration, determination and pressing in and never letting go. You WILL FIND GOD and never be the same.
As we seek God for Himself, we are in pursuit of God; a place of abiding in Christ, aware of His glory within us. There are times we must get away from our familiar places and do as Moses did…pitch your tent of familiarity outside the camp. Yes, getting alone with God!
- Exodus 33:7-11 It was Moses’ custom to set up the tent known as the Tent of Meeting far outside the camp. Everyone who wanted to consult with the LORD would go there. Whenever Moses went out to the Tent of Meeting, all the people would get up and stand in their tent entrances. They would all watch Moses until he disappeared inside. As he went into the tent, the pillar of cloud would come down and hover at the entrance while the LORD spoke with Moses. Then all the people would stand and bow low at their tent entrances. Inside the Tent of Meeting, the LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. Afterward Moses would return to the camp, but the young man who assisted him, Joshua son of Nun, stayed behind in the Tent of Meeting.
In the natural…man is limited…there are times we must “Seek God” for Himself. When we truly “seek God” for no other reason but to know Him…we will find Him. How do we find God? Set you goals high…simply say NO to all other voices…forsake television and the internet; cancel hobbies, newspaper and magazines.
Are you hungry…are you desperate to hear from God…those that desire to find God, will find time. It will take more than the “normal”… not measuring up to others but go after God with your whole heart. Paul rebukes the Corinth church because of their walk…be not “like mere men” as Paul states in:
- 1 Corinthians 3:3 “for you are still controlled by your own sinful desires. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn’t that prove you are controlled by your own desires? You are acting like people who don’t belong to the Lord.”
God wants so much more for His people…He desires us to be like Christ…not merely “normal” but Christ like! God’s desire is to overfill our lives with the very power of Christ. This power He has given to us if we “come out” of the “familiar” and “normal daily routine” of doing things. Security in the familiar things around us…not seeking God for the truth…staying in lifeless churches simply because of familiar faces…is not the answer.
We must be rooted in Christ in all that we do…an ongoing Spiritual growth in our lives…our lives based on and in the truth of Christ. We don’t like change…and the everyday routine of working all day coming home to sit in front of the television and then collapse in bed only to see our life become a chain of bondage.
Just as Moses and others left the “familiar” and pitched their tent “outside the camp” where they would then seek the Lord, so we are to do the same. Jesus also went “outside the camp” that He might sanctify the people through His own blood, suffering outside the gate.
Outside the camp is simply getting alone, without distractions. You and God. Yes, you talking to God and God talking to you.
- Hebrews 13:12-14 So also Jesus suffered and died outside the city gates in order to make his people holy by shedding his own blood. So let us go out to him outside the camp and bear the disgrace he bore. For this world is not our home; we are looking forward to our city in heaven, which is yet to come.
Remember, the highest form of prayer is to find God. This is one reason why Jesus said to get alone when you pray.
- Matthew 6:6 But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father secretly. Then your Father, who knows all secrets, will reward you.
God draws us to Himself…as you feel the Holy Spirit drawing you to spend time seeking after God, take the time to do it. It may be early morning, mid-afternoon or during the late hours of the night… whenever…for you can be certain… God does draw us and wants to speak to His children.
- James 4:8 Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you.
God is looking for a Holy people… there must be a sacrifice of time in our daily routine to get away from the familiar and place our tent in the Presence of God.
People TODAY are looking for a fast and easy fix to find God. The only and true way to find God is taking time for yourself and “SEEK HIM”.
NOW is the time to pray… won’t you seek Him.
Love in Christ Jesus,