In this letter I hope to shed some light on how to face difficult situations in life. Facing every situation in life successfully, can only be done from and through the born-again experience which starts the relationship with God our Creator and through Jesus Christ His Son.
This relationship and experience continues to grow daily, as we build that relationship with, prayer, reading and studying His Word, fellowship with other believers and learning to listen to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Our life must be “IN HIM – In Christ” not “the church” not “prayer meetings” or a “book” but our devotion must be in Jesus Christ who made us righteous by His blood and we are made over-comers by His resurrection.
Apostle Paul tells us how to face every situation in life which is brought about through the Christian faith. Summed up by these verses…
- Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. Paul speaks out of experience…for He knows where his strength comes from…his strength comes from Christ Jesus.
- Colossians 2:6-7 And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to live in obedience to him.God’
The human heart plays an important part in facing our situations. The Bible speaks of the “human heart” as your mind, emotions and will. As stated in…
- Matthew 9:4 (KJV) And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts? and
- Mark 2:8 (KJV) And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, “Why reason ye these things in your hearts?”
Here in these verses as well as others the word “heart” is a place where reasoning, thinking, and planning are carried on. So we can say the mind in this sense, is part of the heart.
Let’s look at other scriptures where Jesus pointed to the heart as the center of the will, the place where decisions are made personally.
- Matthew 18:3 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not everyone his brother their trespasses.
- Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
- Luke 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
- Mark 8:17 And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened?
- Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
- Luke 21:14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
- Acts 11:23 Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.
Again let me say, the secret of facing every situation is that of placing our complete trust and confidence in Christ Jesus; our mind, our emotions and our will must be involved with Christ. Paul speaks of his confidence and victory that is in Christ in:
- 2 Timothy 1:12 And that is why I am suffering here in prison. But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return.Apostle Paul tells us the secret of overcoming fear in
- 2 Timothy 1:6-7 This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. Fear is not from God…
- James 1:17 Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above, who created all heaven’s lights (Greek from above, from the Father of lights.) Unlike them, he never changes or casts shifting shadows. He is a God of light not darkness.
Remember this…If we become true soldiers of Christ…we will be true enemies of the devil. Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the one who rules in the kingdom of darkness, and he has brought us into the Kingdom of his dear Son.
The devil will try and make us of no effect for the kingdom of Christ…by taking away our joy…remember this;
- 2 Timothy 1:6-7 This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
Yes…Christ in us the hope of glory…Christ is our victory over fear…it has already been provided…just receive! Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all he has done.
Christ has chosen to dwell in the hearts and lives of believers…
- Romans 8:9 (KJV) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Are you ashamed of the Gospel of Christ?
- 2 Timothy 1:8 So you must never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord. And don’t be ashamed of me, either, even though I’m in prison for Christ. With the strength God gives you, be ready to suffer with me for the proclamation of the Good News. “Christ is the mighty power of God and the wonderful wisdom of God”
- 1 Corinthians 1:24-25 But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles Christ is the mighty power of God and the wonderful wisdom of God. This “foolish” plan of God is far wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is far stronger than the greatest of human strength.
The very power of God is Christ Himself dwelling in my heart through His Holy Spirit! Let’s begin today walking step-by-step being rooted and built up in Him, in Christ Jesus. Meeting and conquering our fears, being established in the faith, we can rise above our circumstances as Paul rose above his and we can say with the Psalmist. –
- Psalm 56:3 But when I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
- Psalm 56:11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?
Love in Christ Jesus,