Let’s begin by looking at what it means to be “IN Christ”. You will know one that is “in Christ” when he confesses Jesus. I’m not referring to the confession of sin but confessing – the words of Jesus and His teachings, for the words we say rule us. As the old saying “you are known by your words”. How true this may be…just listen to a person talk and you can soon determine how and what they believe.
To be IN HIM one must first confess the sin in his life…
- 1 John 1:7 But if we are living in the light of God’s presence, just as Christ is, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from every sin.
- John 1:9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong.
Let’s take a look at the positive part of confession:
- Romans 10:9-10 For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.
- Proverbs 6:2 if you have trapped yourself by your agreement and are caught by what you said— Our words or what we say are confessions and these words will rule us.
When we stay rooted “IN Christ” I believe there are times in our lives when we are faced with circumstances that we can “say to those mountains be thou removed” and they will go, by the very power of Jesus in us.
As stated here in Mark we must have met certain conditions combined with unwavering faith.
- Mark 11:22-25 (NLT) Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.”
God’s forgiveness toward a believer and a believer’s forgiveness toward others are linked together because a bond has been established between the divine Forgiver and the forgiven believer (see Matt. 18:21-35). One who has accepted God’s forgiveness is expected to forgive others just as God has forgiven him (Eph. 4:32). If he does not, he forfeits God’s forgiveness in his daily life.
Our words are either negative words or positive words. Jesus spoke positive words which created life in all situations for the positive. Yes…in some ways we can have what we say…either negative or positive! IN HIM or In Christ, has provided is ALL that is needed for this life…
- this means holding fast to our confessions…
- the confession of faith (belief) in the Lord Jesus Christ –
- the confession of faith in our Heavenly Father –
- the confession of faith in the Word of God.
Hebrews 4:14 That is why we have a great High Priest who has gone to heaven, Jesus the Son of God. Let us cling to him and never stop trusting him.
When we place our complete trust (faith) in our Heavenly Father, when we pray it becomes as a believing prayer which taps into God’s power to accomplish the humanly impossible (see Mark 10:27), Jesus exhorted His disciples to believe that they have already received whatever they request in prayer. Faith accepts it as good as done even though the actual answer is still future.
Another way to look at this is to ask in faith is to believe you received. There are three factors that must work together in the answered prayer.
1st – to ask in faith.
2nd – to believe you received.
3rd – according to His will; His Word.
Jesus made this promise on the recognized assumption that the petitions/ requests must be in harmony with God’s will (see Mark 14:36; Matt.6:9-10; John 14:13-14; 15:7, 16:23-24; 1 John 5:14-15). This enables faith to receive the answers God gives. God is always ready to respond to obedient believers’ prayers, and they can petition Him knowing that no situation or difficulty is impossible for Him.
Do you know the Word of God; His promises? It’s time we as Christians dare to believe the Bible the very Word of God…become strong in the faith, daring to say what the Bible says we have…saying what the Word of God says we have. Yes, His promises are for those who will believe, trust by faith and receive.
That is the God kind of faith… “IN HIM”. God has given the Church (the body) power and authority over the principalities of this world. This “power” and “authority” only comes from God and works in the believer through the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ in us. We must take our place and rise up against every work of the devil.
It is NOT our fight, Jesus has overcome the Devil and we simply take our stand in Jesus. This is where we take our place in the body of Christ. As we (ask) pray and believe the promises of God we can be assured that Jesus will make intercession for us.
Remember, Christ is in us and as we are in Christ, He will make a way. We are the vessel that God uses in which Jesus and the Holy Spirit works through. If we can ONLY believe as stated in:
- Matthew 16:18-19…upon this rock (Jesus Himself) I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it. And I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you lock on earth will be locked in heaven, and whatever you open on earth will be opened in heaven.” This will only work within the boundaries of the Bible; His law and His promises received by faith, yes, within His will.
In other words, it could be said, that we as believers have access to the promises of God in His Word as we trust God by faith in who He is and who we are “IN CHRIST…IN HIM.”
I believe there are so many promises in the BIBLE for the believer and that as we put our trust in our Heavenly Father, by faith He does and will unlock those promises to the believer, but when there is lack of trust (or lack of faith) these promises cannot (will not) be opened on earth. So many times we have not met the conditions of trust and faith.
Above in Matthew, may be the very secret of the spiritual realms of God; God’s will for mankind, now, and here on earth. If one is truly IN HIM they will be seeing results in their requests and tell of the good things the Lord is doing in his life. IN HIM means a testimony at all times.
Is there a reflection of Christ in you? What do people see? Faith is built upon testimonies or confessions of the righteous. Faith truly is love…love comes from the heart, the spirit of ones being. Faith will let you know who you are in Christ.
As you begin to apply the Word, the Word will get to know you. This is the confession that we must hold fast to. Christ is coming back very soon for His church…a people that are looking, expecting for His return.
Are you expecting? Are you looking? Are you ready? If you feel the urgency to repent don’t delay. As Apostle Paul states in the Bible, don’t delay; “I tell you, NOW is the day of salvation” For NOW is the time, for as long as it is called TODAY, don’t wait until tomorrow, for we are not guaranteed of a tomorrow.
Yes, TODAY, won’t you turn to Jesus… make Him your Lord and Savior!
- 1 John 3:1-2 See how very much our heavenly Father loves us, for he allows us to be called his children, and we really are! But the people who belong to this world don’t know God, so they don’t understand that we are his children. Yes, dear friends, we are already God’s children, and we can’t even imagine what we will be like when Christ returns. But we do know that when he comes we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is.
Here are two of the most exciting scriptures in the Bible in regards to the believer…for we can and will know who we are “IN CHRIST-IN HIM”
- Romans 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children (sons) of God.
- Romans 8:16-17 For his Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts and tells us that we are God’s children. And since we are his children, we will share his treasures—for everything God gives to his Son, Christ, is ours, too. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.
This suffering will call for us to daily take up our cross, die out of our own self, our own ambitions, our own desires, and follow His desires, His will, the very leading of the Holy Spirit working in us and through us.
Do you know what God’s Word says about you? Find out what the Word says about you and make that (Word) your confession. Throughout the New Testament especially in the Epistles, you will find the expressions such as “in Christ”, in Him”, “in whom” “through whom” and others that tell you who you are as sons (children) of God. The (Bible) the very words that was spoken in the Word are the words that we need to meditate on, and speak and confess out of our mouth.
Positive results will begin to be manifested in our life when we begin to confess: IN HIM (in Christ) “This is who I am” … “This is what I am” … “This is what I have”. When believed by faith, confessions such as “ He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed” 1 Peter 2:24. and Isaiah 53:5. Here we see we are healed from our sins. By this we can see that healing was provided for or made through the atonement; yes, the atoning death of Jesus is the basis of our healing. I confess (believe) I am saved because of what Jesus did on the cross, He shed His blood for my sins…
Because I believe I am healed. In this context healing has been provide for spiritually…and is important to make note that our physical healing has also been made available through the atonement of Jesus on the cross. Jesus did say “only believe all things are possible”.
Yes, we are to believe for our physical healing when in need. It is God who heals and we are to ask in faith believing, stand our ground according to His promises. When we pray; ask, seek, knock…God has promised to answer to those that ask in faith. When we meet the conditions in prayer, we will see great results. Do you believe! Again, find the promise for the present need, (ask, seek and you will find – receive), this is God’s promise for all believers.
An important key to that of receiving these promises is to evaluate your life; make sure you have met the conditions of the promise and according to His Word, than, stand firm until you receive the promise that God has placed in your heart. As a believer we have accepted Jesus in our hearts and as we get to know Him, through pray, reading, hearing His Word, and through obedience, He will begin to know us.
As we become as one, we will be in Christ. This is where Jesus can and will do works through us. I am not saying you can MAKE things happen for ONLY GOD CAN CREATE, but the Jesus in us will be able to be manifested through our holy vessels. Jesus working, flowing through the believer.
God has made the way for all believers to obtain eternal life and that is through His Son Jesus Christ. That way was made by the way of the cross over 2000 years ago. As stated in:
- Hebrews 9:12 Once for all time he took blood into that Most Holy Place, but not the blood of goats and calves. He took his own blood, and with it he secured our salvation forever.
Do you know you are made righteous through the confession of your faith as stated earlier in:
- Romans 10:9-10? It is always through believing in your heart and confessing it with your mouth that it becomes real to you, this is why prayer is important…for this is true faith, the faith that works through Christ and becomes reality…when you are “IN CHRIST – IN HIM”.
As you study the scriptures (find the promises most relevant to your situation) use these four steps in bringing the spiritual realm into the physical realm, where we live in the flesh:
1. Write them down.
2. Meditate on these scriptures…pray (ask) for understanding and wisdom.
3. Make a confession of it. Believe them for you &/or the one whom you are praying for.
4. Begin praying these scriptures as the Holy Spirit leads.
Accepting Jesus Christ as the Lordship of your life is the first step in unveiling the provisions of God. Accepting and confessing the promises from His Word in your life for today will bring about a positive change in all you do.
Let’s agree together NOW and make this confession of prayer:
I confession: According to: Romans 10: 9 and 10–
- I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is the Son of God;
- I believe Jesus was raised from the dead for my justification.
- I confess Him as my Lord and Savior. Jesus is my Lord.
- He is dominating my life.
- The Holy Spirit is guiding and leading me and according to,
Acts 17:28 “For in him we live and move and exist.” According to your Word; ‘We are his offspring. “IN HIM” , in Christ we are the vessels that the power of the resurrection of Christ flows through and we will see the manifestations of God become reality; the life, the strength for the impossible as stated in John 15:5a, v7 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches…v7 But if you stay joined to me and my words remain in you, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted! “I confess that I am living in Christ and that Christ is living in me.”
Today, I make this my prayer…may you make it yours; “I practice the Word allowing it to have free will over and in my life…teaching me…governing me…dominating me. I let the message of the Word take the place in my life in and over everything I do”.
Here are 10 Scriptures that brings forth the realities of Christ (IN HIM):·
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!
- Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
- Romans 8:1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
- 1 Corinthians 1:30 God alone made it possible for you to be in Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Christ to be wisdom itself. He is the one who made us acceptable to God. He made us pure and holy, and he gave himself to purchase our freedom.
- Romans 5:17 The sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over us, but all who receive God’s wonderful, gracious gift of righteousness will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.
- Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the one who rules in the kingdom of darkness, and he has brought us into the Kingdom of his dear Son.
- Colossians 1:14 God has purchased our freedom with his blood and has forgiven all our sins.
- Ephesians 1:7 He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven.
- Ephesians 1:3 How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to Christ.
Jesus has already made provisions for everything you need to live “IN HIM”. He has blessed you with it in His Word…it is yours, to believe and receive. In God’s mind it is provided because of what Jesus has done. May we as believers get it settled in our minds. As we live the life “IN HIM – IN CHRIST” let’s begin to live HIS WORD… for the very provisions that He has provided for us in the spiritual will become reality as we confess Jesus as our Lord. As stated above in:
- Ephesians 1:3... who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to Christ.
Yes, belonging to Christ is to believe, accept Him as our Lord and Savior. Also stated in God’s Word, “we live, move and exist” in Christ to the glory of God the Father.
Love in Christ Jesus,