In this letter we will answer the question…What does it mean to be “Born Again”? Jesus tells us in the gospel of John exactly what being “Born Again” truly is.
- John 3:3 – 8 (NKJV) Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
Being “born again” is more than a lifetime of being involved in a church, attending church services or doing good works. Yes, as a Christian these are important but these things, in themselves, will not save us from eternal damnation…the Bible makes it perfectly clear.The ONLY way to make it to heaven and have eternal life is to be “born again”.
It’s as clear as …black and white…for there are no gray areas in God’s Word. Simply put, you’re either “is” or “ain’t. There is no riding the fence…your either “born again” or you haven’t been “born again”. I thank God there is no “maybe”. Do you know that you are “born again”?
The Bible is specific…unless one is born of water (when you’re born physically) and the Spirit, (when you’re born again), he cannot enter the kingdom of God. There is nothing else that you can do on this earth to get you into heaven; Jesus made it so simple…be born again. It’s as simple as asking God to forgive you of your sins and turn from your sins and asking Jesus to come into your heart. Is there any doubt in your mind that you have been “born again”? If you are questioning, am I “born again”, right now is the time to settle the matter…once and for all.
Let’s pray, “Father God, forgive me of my sins. I believe you came to earth, died and rose again to save me of my sins, that I may have eternal life with you forever. Jesus, I open the door of my life and receive you as my Lord and Savior. As I turn from my own ways, begin to live the Christian life, serve you making you my Lord;take complete control of my life and make me the kind of person YOU want me to be. Thank You Jesus for coming into my heart and life, and for hearing my prayer.” AMEN.
Now let me ask you a question? Right now…where is Jesus Christ? Yes, IN YOUR HEART…Praise God!
- John 4:10, 13-14, 21,23-24 (NLT) Jesus replied, “If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.” Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.” Jesus replied, “Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem. (verse 23) But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way. (verse 24) For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”
God has given each one of us this promise in His Word…living water within each believer (flowing forever and forever…watering you forever with eternal life). If we would just believe God, He has so much more to give us,In verses 23 and 24, above…Jesus gives us another great truth…For it’s not WHERE we worship that counts, but HOW we worship…is our worship spiritual and real? Do we have the Holy Spirit’s help?
Yes, God is Spirit, and we must have his help to worship, as we should. This is the kind of worship the Father wants from us. Let’s take the time to worship Him…from our hearts.
- John 6:35 (NLT) Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
- John 7:37 (NLT) On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to me!
Thank God for the Holy Ghost…His Holy Spirit within us working through us. As you seek God and His Kingdom…you can be assured that the Holy Spirit living within you…provides this same rivers of living water flowing from you to quench the thirst of others…just like it did from Jesus. Just ask and receive. Yes, a life like Christ…Christ-like. Praise God!
- John 8:12 (NLT) Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”
How exciting to know that when we follow Jesus we won’t stumble… for we have this promise that Jesus is the light and He will flood our pathway with His light…Isn’t it assuring to know that we don’t have to do it on our own…He makes it easy for us, no more stumbling.
- John 8:31 – 32 (NLT) Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
This is such an awesome promise. What do you need to be set free from? We have this promise…that the believer will be made/set free by following Jesus and obeying the Word of God.
We must live as Jesus tells us to live, and then, after that, we have the promise that we will know the truth, and the truth will set us free. A life of freedom!
- John 8:51 (NLT) I tell you the truth, anyone who obeys my teaching will never die!”
Yes, a life of freedom and Eternal Life is promised to those who obey Jesus, God’s Word. There is no other promise found in this world that can give you freedom and eternal life.
- John 9:31 (NLT) We know that God doesn’t listen to sinners, but he is ready to hear those who worship him and do his will.
Do you wonder how to make God listen to you? Again we see the promise that God listens to those that worship Him and does His will. As the scripture states above, God’s ears are not opened to sinners, but his ears are opened to those who worship Him and obeys Him. Yes, God’s Word is simple…worship Him and obey Him!
Are you looking for peace of mind and heart? Jesus gave us another promise…a promise of peace of mind and heart.
- John 14:27 (NLT) I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
All it takes is to believe this promise and receive this gift from Him… the peace of mind and heart that He has for you…allow Him to give you this gift…ask Him and accept His peace…indestructible peace.
- John 15:5 (NLT) “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.
- John 15:7 (NLT) But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!
You don’t have to try and do it on your own anymore…for you will fail, but with Him He has promised that you will succeed…yes, what is it you need? He has promised to answer your request when you OBEY and stay (keep your relationship) in Him.
- John 16:24 (NLT) You haven’t done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.
Many Christians ask in Jesus name and receive NO answer because they are NOT in right standing/relationship with God their Heavenly Father. The key to asking and receiving rests in your relationship with God the Father and Jesus Christ, His Son.
IF you are in right standing with God, YOU CAN ASK, in the name of Jesus (using His authority) and it WILL BE GRANTED! JESUS has promised joy… Begin to ask Him and accept the joy from asking and receiving… PRAISE GOD!
The “Born Again” life is God’s Way…His will for YOU!
Love in Christ Jesus,