Let’s start this letter by stating, every Christian has a need and a desire for God’s blessings and favor within their lives. What will it take to see God’s blessings and favor in our lives? There is within every Christian a secret place, a sanctuary, that must be prepared for God.
Not until this place is cleansed, will the Lord dwell within us in the fullness of His Spirit. Not until this room, this temple, this heart is pure will we truly become a house of the Lord.
Let’s begin this letter by looking at what God says about “Your Body-the Temple of the Holy Spirit”
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20…don’t you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
- 2 Corinthians 6:16-17 And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: “I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people. Therefore, come out from them and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord. Don’t touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you.
Are we allowing the things of this world to become most important in our lives? God must have a place in all we do. In everything we do. We (the church-the people-our bodies, are to be the temple of God) must be purged of “SIN” both spiritually and physically. Then and only then can we see the move of God in the house of the Lord, our temple.
Confession and repentance of sin will open the door to a closer relationship with God and in return bring REVIVAL. Ask God, right now, to reveal any sin in your life, confess and repent from those that has been revealed, turn from those sins and be determined not to return to those things that mislead you.
A right relationship is the key to revival within our bodies, God’s temple.The two most important avenues in seeing REVIVAL in our hearts, our city, our nation and our world are:
- Opening the very depths of our hearts, by talking honestly with God.
- And being able to hear from Him when He speaks without restraints. The very key to entering the presence of God is intimacy with God… (Intimacy is secrets shared). We as children of God must individually choose to serve and be obedient to Godly ways.
Psalm 24:3-4 Who may climb the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? Only those whose hands and hearts are pure, who do not worship idols and never tell lies. (In other words, God and His ways has to be and must be our reason and desire in this life)
Apostle Paul states it this way in Colossians 3:5…Don’t be greedy for the good things of this life, for that is idolatry.
As I look into the Bible during the time of Jesus, I look at what Jesus did with common men and women. In just three and a half years, average men and women were transformed into fearless disciples, literally filled with the Spirit of God. Yes – men and women as average and human as we are, turning the world upside down. You might ask – What made the difference?JESUS.
It is my cry…to see God move and manifested in men and women, TODAY, like it was then…IS IT POSSIBLE. Yes, Yes, Yes! Because “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8). Also, God is not a respecter of persons, for He is not “partial” or you might say impartial in His dealings with people as stated in Acts 10:34. Everyone is to be treated identically according to a divine standard or principle. The book of Proverbs is a good example of the meaning of impartial.
Simply put, sin is sin, the wicked are wicked and the godly are godly. Yes, His Word is still “living and active” in the hearts of men today. In Matthew Jesus commands us to teach the Word, do not fear man… for He would be with us always …
- Matthew 28:20 “Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” and as stated in
- Hebrews 4:12 “For the Word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.”
There may be times in your life you may ask…Who is God? Where is God? You can find God! God cares about His children. Ask God; Ask Him. Ask, seek and knock and He will answer. Asking is receiving when you ask from your heart in faith according to Jesus as stated in:
- Matthew 7:7 “Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who knocks.”
The key to receiving…stay emptied of this world, hungry and thirsty for God alone. Do not allow anything to distract you from your daily walk with Him. Yes, we are in this world, but as a child of God we are not to be of this world. In other words, we are not to dwell and partake of worldly things.
Jesus will appear to those who have the highest passion for Him. Stay emptied of self-desire, worldliness and stay hungry for more of God. SIN causes separation from God. Satan is the cause of all SIN. Satan is a deceiver and will try to hide himself. Satan has no hiding place when the body of Christ, the church…we the temple…His people truly draw near to God and forsake Sin. Satan (the devil) will flee, has to flee, when the believer takes his authority over Satan.
God has given every believer authority to bind the works of Satan and loose the power of God here on earth thru the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus tells the church in Matthew 16:19 And I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you lock on earth will be locked in heaven, and whatever you open on earth will be opened in heaven.”
- And in Matthew 18:18 “I tell you this: Whatever you prohibit on earth is prohibited in heaven, and whatever you allow on earth is allowed in heaven.” We as believers have been given authority…to do something! This includes binding Satan and the works of Satan “Sin” in our lives.
SIN creates spiritual decay to the mind, soul and body. SIN brings suffering and death. We must submit to God’s instructions. We are nothing in our self (the natural man) but in Christ we are everything. In Him we live, move and have our existence. In Him, in Christ we are victorious. To be in Him we must submit to His will, His Word.
To follow Christ, means more than obeying and submitting to God’s commandments; His ways as written throughout the Bible…it’s the denial of self, selfish desires, and the struggle to put God first. We can do ALL things through Christ that strengthens us. Put on the things that are of good report. Do not give ANY thought, any place, for those things that are not good or of good report. Yes, this is real suffering. In this way we as humans carry the same cross through life that Jesus did.
- Philippians 1:29 For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.
There is a struggle that is particularly difficult in today’s world and that is the spiritual fight that must take place to put down thoughts and actions, threatening the relationship between God and one of His children. To maintain closeness to God, a person must think and act like God does.
The Greek word for Sin is “hamartia” meaning “misses the mark” and in the Hebrew there are many meanings, “hata, pasha- trespass–rebelliousness, aveira- transgression, avone- iniquity-a sin done out of moral failing”.
- Paul wrote to Christians encouraging them in 2 Corinthians 10:4-5, We use God’s mighty weapons, not mere worldly weapons, to knock down the Devil’s strongholds. With these weapons we break down every proud argument that keeps people from knowing God. With these weapons we conquer their rebellious ideas, and we teach them to obey Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 10:5-7 (KJV) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. Do ye look on things after the outward appearance?
(In other words, at the obvious facts) If any man trust to himself that he is Christ’s, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ’s, even so are we Christ’s.
The supreme sacrifice to all true Christians today is written in Romans 12:1-2 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will accept. When you think of what he has done for you, is this too much to ask? Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.
True Christians must take up their “cross” with Christ. This will take being obedient in both the spiritual and physical. We have to be convinced in our thinking knowing the Word of God, obeying the Word of God, that of what is right or wrong, good or bad.
We will choose our direction in life whether right or wrong, good or bad. It is our choice. Yes, we will make that choice. That right choice will come only when we “put to death” every human desire interfering with our relationship of love with God. Thank God for the redeeming grace of Jesus Christ.
The Holy Spirit will be our guide and lead all believers unto and into the righteousness of God; but it will take our part in obeying His Word, saying no to those thoughts and the things of this world. It will take a life of following Christ, a daily walk, hour by hour-moment by moment. Only “those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires” according to
- Galatians 5:24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.
The beast of “SIN” must be slain or put to death in our lives in order to have a right relationship as stated here in Colossians 3:5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual sin, impurity, lust, and shameful desires. Don’t be greedy for the good things of this life, for that is idolatry.
- Colossians 3:8-10 “But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old evil nature and all its wicked deeds. In its place you have clothed yourselves with a brand-new nature that is continually being renewed as you learn more and more about Christ, who created this new nature within you.”
The new man is to be led by the Spirit. His thoughts and actions are to be composed of these virtues as stated in Galatians 5:22-23 But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law.
The true Christian now takes on a changed mind, thoughts and actions…the very image and qualities of God himself. James 4:12 “Against such there is no law” since “God alone, who made the law, can rightly judge among us. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to condemn your neighbor?
- Jesus said, a true Christian will seek God’s way of life. Matthew 6:33 (KJV) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
To seek God first – means – to put God above every thought, every desire, every need, every passion, every fear, every hope, every want we might have. Another translation says it like this “and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.” Matthew 6:33 (NLT).
In other words, God must be in all our dealings, consider God’s Word for advice in everything. Remember – there is a reward for true believers, not only in this life but the life after.
- Hebrews 11:16 But they were looking for a better place, a heavenly homeland. That is why God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a heavenly city for them.
There is a Payday coming to all true believers who develop God-like character, NOW-TODAY and in the life after.
- Mark 10:29-30 And Jesus replied, “I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News, will receive now in return, a hundred times over, houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property—with persecutions. And in the world to come they will have eternal life.
Yes – get connected to God be in love with God and maintain the connection…blessings are waiting to all that do! You will also receive the gift of eternal life, which is the real purpose of human existence.
JESUS is our perfect example.
- John 1:9 The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was going to come into the world.
- John 14:6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
To know God is to know Jesus and to know Jesus is to accept Jesus into your heart as Lord and Savior of your life from this moment until eternity. It will take a life of self-discipline, obedience to God’s ways. A thought to ponder…Disobedience = SIN the pathway to destruction. Obedience = God’s BLESSINGS and FAVOR the pathway to God’s heart.
Will you pay the Price? Obedience, self-denial …and your Temple WILL BE filled will GOD’S blessings and favor!
Love in Christ Jesus,