It is my prayer that this letter will help us in better understanding how to apply God’s Word in our everyday situations. Remember this…there is never a need to ever fight the devil, for Jesus already defeated the devil. In 1 Timothy 6:12, Paul tells us to “fight the good fight of faith.” Faith is what is needed in our life at all times.
Some say, “I’m going to fight sin.” There is no need to do that, either, for Jesus has the very cure for sin and that is JESUS; as stated in Hebrews 9:26, “If that had been necessary, he would have had to die again and again, ever since the world began. But no! He came once for all time, at the end of the age, to remove the power of sin forever by his sacrificial death for us.”
He sacrificed Himself to put away sin…so, there really isn’t a sin problem; just a sinner problem, for when you get the sinner to Jesus, Jesus cures that. So the ONLY FIGHT that the Christian needs to fight is the “good fight of faith.” Jesus, already provided all we need to live the Christian life. Read His Word, believe His Word and by faith, receive in your heart what His Word is saying, LIFE.
There are enemies in this fight of faith. Let’s take a look at some of them to better understand how to ACT on God’s Word. Apply God’s Word and Do God’s Word.
Hindrances to Faith: A lack of knowledge of God’s Word.
- Romans 10:17 “Yet faith comes from listening to this message of good news—the
- Good News about Christ.” So we can say that what people actually need is knowledge of God’s Word…than faith automatically comes;
- again the scripture states,
- Romans 10:17 “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
Trying to believe: So many times you hear Christians say that they are “trying to have faith” or “trying to believe.” All that is necessary is to ACT on what God says in His Word. For if we know that the Word of God is true and act on it, according to God’s will it will become a reality in our lives. Yes, acting on what we know…the very truth of the Word of God, the knowledge of the Word of God. When the light of God’s Word is revealed there comes faith. As David states in Psalms 119:130, as your words are taught, they give light; even the simple can understand them.
Get the Word of God in you and you will be changed…faith will increase, as you believe you will receive. FAITH is simply acting on God’s Word. Another way to put it, FAITH is acting like God’s Word is true.
Mental Agreement: To mental agree on that, the Bible is true, does no good until you act on or apply it. When you act on God’s Word for yourself, it is only then, that it becomes a reality to you. For it is only when you act on God’s Word that you are exercising FAITH.
For example: you can hold to the death, burial and resurrection truth of Jesus Christ as a great doctrine, but it will not mean a thing to you until you can believe in your heart and say with your mouth, “Jesus went to the cross for me. Jesus died for me. Jesus was raised from the dead for me! Jesus arose victorious over death, hell, and the grave for me…yes, He did it all for me!
Yes, Jesus arose victorious over Satan therefore Satan has no dominion over me! Yes, I am free! Free from sin. There is NO place for Satan in my life!
It is when you believe God’s plan of salvation for yourself, receive it by faith in your heart and confess it with your mouth (that the cross and the resurrection truth in the Word of God becomes a reality to you).
Remember, the people who get answers from God, are those who act on His Word. Act like the Bible is true:
- Are we living Holy, as He is Holy?
- Do you know that the Bible is true?
- Are you convinced His Word is truth?
- Are you determined to be obedient to God’s’ Word?
When we are convinced in our thinking and determined in our heart to live according to His Word, we will expect great and wonderful things in the Lord. God’s Word, the Bible will become real in our life. God will show up on the scene. Yes, living the Word will show outward, Christ in us, the Holy Spirit manifested through us.
1 Samuel states that “the battle is the Lord’s”. If the battle is the Lord’s than give it to the Lord and let Him fight your battle! Another scripture states, For only we who believe can enter his place of rest. As for those who didn’t believe, God said,“In my anger I made a vow: ‘They will never enter my place of rest,’” even though his place of rest has been ready since he made the world.
A believer will rest in Jesus’ finished work as stated in Hebrews 4:3 It is when you give it to the Lord, resting in the finished work of Jesus, you can say, I know, that I know, it is finished. Do you know IT IS FINISHED?
There is ONLY ONE thing we can do to receive and that is to BELIEVE. To believe is to TRUST. Again let me say…it must be by faith, faith in and complete trust in, the finished work of Jesus at the cross; yes, place your confidence in Jesus and His work of the cross. Begin NOW to rest in what is already DONE. We are only to ask in faith, believe in faith and receive by faith.
- DO YOU BELIEVE?
- What is it that you are in need off?
Ask now, by faith believe, begin to thank God, now, relax and rest, for the ANSWER is on its way. Walk in Victory: continue to walk in victory…expect the good report…for faith always has a good report. The Word of God is truth and the truth is God… which is bigger than any devil.
- 1 John 4:4 states, But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won your fight with these false prophets, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.
Yes, you are more than an overcomer, because God’s’ righteousness is in you, for His Spirit resides in you. Again let me say, the battle has been fought and has already been won! Jesus overcame Satan. For Jesus is in you as a believer and you don’t have to fight the battle, Jesus did it for you and for me…it has already been won!
- Colossians 1:27 sums it all up like this, “For it has pleased God to tell his people that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. For this is the secret: Christ lives in you, and this is your assurance that you will share in his glory”.
Do you see the truth? As long as you don’t know this truth, Satan will take advantage. The Christ in you is your hope of glory! As a born-again believer we will never have to worry, Eternal Life is ours.
Casting your cares on Him:
- 1 Peter 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you. (this includes everything –all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all –on Him…yes, He cares for you!).
God wants us to live a life of faith… acting on the knowledge that God gives us, for “…the just shall live by faith.”
- Romans 1:17 This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that
a righteous person has life.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:7,That is why we live by believing and not by seeing.
So you can say that you act faith…you talk faith (Gods’ promises) and you live faith; in other words, your actions and your words must agree that you are a believer…speaking and walking according to God’s’ Word.
- 2 Chronicles 16:9a The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him…
- Matthew 21:22 (KJV) And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
He did not say a few things that you pray for would come to pass or that just a prayer now and then would come to pass…Jesus said, And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, (then, “ye shall receive.” You will never go wrong when you always pray the Word, the promises.
It is when we are aware of the hindrances listed below, and how to avoid them, we will experience the joy of answered prayer.
- Doubt and Unbelief: Doubt and unbelief keeps man in a state of separation from God. Doubt comes from lack of knowledge of God’s Word. Our minds must stay renewed and God has given us a way to renew our minds and that is through His Word. Yes, when man determines that it is God’s will on a thing, according to God’s Word (the Bible) and prays according to God’s Word, he can be sure God will move, show up, thus expelling the force of doubt. God’s Word MUST be the final authority in the matter. Yes, expect things to change when you pray, for God’s Word cannot and will not fail!
- Lack of Knowledge of our right-standing with God: It is what God has actually done in and through Christ Jesus at Calvary which makes one in right-standing with God.
2 Corinthians 5:21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ. Here we see that Jesus literally became our sin so we could become the righteousness of God. Righteousness is right-standing. When you are in right-standing with God there is a confidence you experience, without a sense of guilt, sin, or condemnation. Yes, knowing that you will receive when you ask in faith believing. “All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” but when a person receives Jesus as Lord, he is placed in right-standing with God. He is made the righteousness of God by grace through faith.
According to 2 Corinthians 5:17,what this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!…(vs20) …“Be reconciled to God!”. (vs 21) For God made Christ, who never sinned,
to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
- You may think you are the worst sinner the world has ever seen…but through the new-birth Jesus has made us the righteousness of God through Calvary and there is
NO SIN that Satan could dream up big enough to change that! Again let me say, as born-again believers, we have been made the righteousness of God in Christ. Yes, God’s was and is merciful…by His grace I am set free. When we take advantage of our right-standing relationship with God…then we will see the results we desire in prayer.
As long you pray believing, you will not be defeated.
3. Unawareness of our right to use the name of Jesus: John 16:23 At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. The truth is, you can go directly to the Father and ask him, and he will grant your request because you use my name.
- (authority to use His name to go to the Father, God) As a believer, when you go before the Father in Jesus’ name, you are standing before God as His child. Asking according to the promises of His Word, in faith believing, through the power of the Holy Spirit, that the Father may be glorified through His Son, Jesus. Yes, your prayer will be answered as a result.
Once you see that you are born of God as stated in 1 John 5:1a, “Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God”….you have the right to use the family name and you will see God’s power operating in your behalf.
4. Unforgiveness and strife: Mark 11:25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.”
- Prayer will not work without forgiveness. Staying in harmony makes the prayer system work. An attitude of forgiveness begins at home as stated in 1 Peter 3:7 In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat her with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. If you don’t treat her as you should, your prayers will not be heard. lso see these scriptures; John 14:23, 1 John 4:20.
- In regards to strife, James 3:16 states, for wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and every kind of evil. Love must be present at all times (harmony in spirit, soul and body). God’s Word states in Philippians 4:19, And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Let both your words and your actions agree! ACTING on the Word that God has spoken brings results! Take time out of your busy day…daily, to fellowship with God!
Remember, God and His Word are one…You fellowship with Him through His Word, then He responds to you through the Holy Spirit.
Love in Christ Jesus,