May this letter help open our eyes to the meaning, to be of (ONE Heart and ONE Mind). Just an added note, I am convinced it is NOT ENOUGH just to believe in God, you must BELIEVE GOD and this comes by a growing relationship with Him through reading His Word and applying it in our everyday life.
As a new believer, we are to yield, surrender our total body, emotions and will to the Holy Spirit; desiring to be immersed in Him and allow the infilling of His Spirit to control, lead and guide us into all truth. With this surrendering comes the infilling of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues; a prayer language to be used in times of your personal prayer between you and your heavenly Father, God.
As a born-again Christian, your life begins to change; for your heart and mind becomes ONE in Christ. As we set our minds on things above, our mind will change, our attitude will change and our heart will change. We choose daily whom we will serve.
- Jeremiah 32:39 And I will give them one heart and mind to worship me forever, for their own good and for the good of all their descendants.
- Deuteronomy 6:5 And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.
- Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied, “ you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’
The key to freedom is found in making the choice daily to serve Jesus Christ, repenting and submitting to His ways. As stated in the scriptures, sin in one’s life will control him IF we don’t make our faith in Christ Jesus our main priority in life.
- Romans 7:23-25 But there is another law at work within me that is at war with my mind. This law wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.
ONLY THRU BELIEVING…from start to finish…a life of faith. Romans 1:17 “This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”
You will change your behavior when you change your thoughts! Romans 12:2 (NKJV) And do not be conformed to this world (this age), but be transformed (changed) by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
So in God’s way of thinking, right thinking comes first than right action will follow. Right action (correct behavior) is the “fruit” of right thinking. This right “fruit” will only come as a result of “abiding in the vine”. John 15:4 (NKJV) Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me…and abiding in the vine involves being obedient as stated in John 15:10 (NKJV) If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
God gave us a promise and it is activated by trust.
- Psalm 37:3 (NKJV) Trust (lean on, relay on and be confident) in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
It is not enough just to believe in God.…YOU MUST BELIEVE GOD…His Word and applying it daily, we can enter a place of rest, where we are assured that everything is OK.
- Hebrews 4:11 Let us do our best to enter that place of rest. For anyone who disobeys God (doubt and unbelief), as the people of Israel did, will fall.
God is speaking to all believers who refuse to worry or have anxiety (doubt-unbelief) that they would enter a state of rest…a spiritual rest…God’s peace…the abiding place – is where His Presence is!
For in His Presence is ALL joy!
- John 14:27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn’t like the peace the world gives. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
In concluding this letter, the “ONE Mind-Set” only comes in true righteousness and holiness through Christ Jesus…
- Ephesians 4:22-24 (NKJV) that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, (having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude) and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
Your Mind (thoughts) must be set on things of God-the Word. Yes…than and only then will we be in the right behavior, right standing (relationship) with our Lord and we will be ONE IN CHRIST. Is Your MIND-SET? ONE HEART-ONE MIND…abiding in the vine!
Love in Christ Jesus,