In this letter we will continue on the importance of faith and belief in God’s Word. It is my prayer that ALL who reads this letter, would make a TOTAL commitment to God’s ways. Let’s become committed to the faith and belief in His Word, while building a relationship with Jesus, our Heavenly Father and the Holy Spirit; allowing Him to guide and lead us into all truth. Let’s look into God’s Word and what it says…if we would ONLY BELIEVE ALL things are possible.
- With this said, the question may be asked, do you believe what you pray?
- Another way to say this is, do you really believe what you pray?
- What is praying and what does it mean to believe?
Yes… believing is the key to receiving! What is Prayer? Simply put, prayer is communicating with God. Real prayer is expressing our devotion to our heavenly Father, inviting Him to talk to us as we talk to Him.
Why Pray? We pray to have fellowship with God, receive spiritual nurture and physical strength to live a victorious life, and maintain boldness for a vital witness for Christ. Praying with faith releases God’s great power to change the course of nature, people, and nations.
Praying with a clean heart is also vital to successful prayer for the Christian. We as Christians cannot expect God to answer our prayers if there is any un-confessed sin in our life or if we are harboring an unforgiving ,.
- Psalms 66:18 “If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, my Lord would not have listened.”
- I love what Jesus states in Mark 11:22-26 [KJV]…And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them]. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
What does it mean to believe? To believe is to trust…with absolute surrender to God’s way. Trusting God is trusting His Word. Total surrender is a choice on our part that requires absolute surrender, yielding our own will; choosing to obey His command to love Him totally and completely with ALL our being. Jesus gives us this command:
- Mark 12:30 (NLT) “And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.”
In other words, every inch, every fiber, every ounce within us must love the Lord. This includes our mind; our thoughts, our will, our emotions and our heart must line up with the Word of God.
This will take nothing less than the infilling of the Holy Spirit, His Word and daily prayer for daily needs for ourselves and others. As stated in another letter, as a believer, Christ is in us and we are to be in Christ; ONE-MIND and ONE-SPIRIT, yes, ONE-BODY for the sole purpose to please God.
To believe is a belief in or acceptance of the person-hood of Jesus and belief in or acceptance of the soundness of Jesus’ positions. To really believe one will truly know…and to know is to believe. Do you know? Do you really believe? It is finished!
To believe in faith truly is a must to receive BUT there may be other conditions if not met, that could hinder your request. Let’s take a lot at a few.
- You must have an honest relationship to God and with man. John 15:7; Hebrews 12:15; 1 Peter 3:7. James 4:1.
- Am I being obedient to God’s principles. John 14:15; Luke 6:26; Romans 6:16; Matthew 7:21.
- Am I hiding anything from God? 1 John 3:21-22.
- Do I really want God’s will for my life? Are you willing to accept the answer God gives you?
- Am I in harmony with God? When in harmony with God my desires will be in harmony with God. 1 John 5:14.
- Am I sharing results; the things God has done or given me, whatever that may be? Proverbs 21…21:3, 21:13.
- Am I praying with the right motive. Ask God for wisdom. James 1:5-7; Mark 9:29; Hebrews 11:6.
Simply put, If and when I have an honest relationship to God and no un- forgiveness and be willing to share the results of what I have been given and believe that God will answer; then John 14 will become a reality.
For God to answer our prayers, we must have a believing heart and ask according to His will. We continue in prayer during the day and never give up, don’t waiver, until something moves. In other words, until God gives you an answer.
- Matthew 9:29 Then he touched their eyes and said, “Because of your faith, it will happen.”
- Matthew 21:22 “Since I believe, I will receive whatever I ask for in prayer.”
What a great promise! We see throughout God’s Word very specific promises. His promises are simple; simply believe and you will receive. As we focus on these promises we are expected to pray in accordance to their specific truths. Prayer and the promises of God go hand and hand. There are many, many promises in God’s Word and they are inter-reliant with prayer.
- Psalm 30:2 “O LORD my God, I cried out to you for help, and you restored my health.”
- Psalm 103:3 “He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.”
- John 10:10 “The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. You Lord, will give me life in all its fullness.”
Jesus is not a respecter of persons. These promises and many more are not just for those days of old, but for you, me and our children and their children, to believe and receive. There are hundreds of promises in the Bible. Find the very one you are in need of today, believe it for you, today. They were given to us in God’s Word for us to have, yes receive. I recently read a quote which fits perfectly with what I believe and have expressed in this letter in regards to prayer working together with the promises in God’s Word.
E.M. Bounds writes, “Prayer and the promises are inter-dependent. The promise inspires and energizes prayer, but prayer locates the promise, and gives it realization and location. The promise is like the blessed rain falling in full showers, but prayer, like the pipes, which transmit, preserve and direct the rain, localizes and precipitates these promises, until they become local and personal, and bless, refresh and fertilize. Prayer takes hold of the promise and conducts it to its marvelous ends, removes the obstacles, & makes a highway for the promise to its glorious fulfillment. While God’s promises are exceeding great and precious, they are specific, clear & personal.”
When you are absolutely surrendered to God and His Word, you are able to claim the promises of His Word. God’s Word brings life to ALL who totally surrenders, allowing it to take root and grow deep within your mind, heart and soul.
- Joshua 1:8 (NLT) “Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.”
We can conclude than that absolute surrender to Jesus, is a life committed to the WORD: comprised of reading and studying; meditation on His Word and applying -obedience to His Word. This will take – full conformity with His rules, regulations, and wishes, coming to the realization that He has given me decrees to keep me safe and happy; providing boundaries for my life as well as direction…the pathway of His will for and in my life.
Let me add to this by saying, “Christianity” is not to be a struggle for the believer; for Christ said that He and the Father would be with us. And God, our Father, would send the Holy Spirit to help us, guide us and lead us into all truth. You can be assured by this ONE promise that: Christianity” means just that – following Jesus Christ – a LIFE FREE from Satan’s hold on us. Whom Christ has set free is free indeed, DO YOU BELIEVE?
When we follow the Book, His Word the Bible, we will see the outcome of our prayers, answered prayers according to the very will of God.
What does it mean to lay down your life for Him? As His servants, ALL aspects of self-determination MUST be surrender (turned over) to Him. He is our Lord, our Master. What He wants is all that matters. Yes, His will is to be our will. You may ask, What is His will? His will for all of us is to be obedient to His Word; a life that is holy, pure and living a life of righteousness; right living, so we can be in communion with Him.
As we yield and surrender to Him, He has promised to answer our prayers and work in us and bring our wills in agreement with Him, His will. How wonderful this is, when our prayers are in agreement with His…they become MOST POWERFUL!
In other-words, true faith in God, believing His Word, WILL ALWAYS bring about the promise conceived in your heart. The end result of your faith, that of believing will be the ability to see the promise fulfilled…it is finished! Decide what you want from God and get the scriptures (the promise) that definitely promises you these things.
Fix these promises firmly in the heart, not only in the mind.
- Mark 11:23-24 “I can say to this mountain, ‘May God lift you up and throw you into the sea,’ and my command will be obeyed. All that’s required is that I really believe and do not doubt in my heart. I can pray for anything, and if I believe, I will have it.”
Believe God, not Satan; the truth, not a lie. Allow every single thought and desire affirms that you have got what you asked. Never permit a mental picture of a failure to be in your mind. Never doubt for one minute that you have the answer. Eliminate every suggestion, image, vision, dream, impression, and feeling; in fact, erase all thoughts that do not contribute to your faith that you have what you have asked.
Remember, we cannot make God do anything but His promises are true and He will not, cannot fail on a single promise. God WILL put in the one living by faith the very answer that is needed for the hour, in one’s life.
Building our prayers from the Bible itself (God’s Word) is very proper and fitting for this is where we come into full agreement with God…from His Word. Remember, as stated below in the scriptures, that God’s Word is alive, active and powerful to the one who will believe and act on Faith.
- Hebrews 4:12 “For your word God, is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into my innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes me for what I really am.”
- Job 22:28 “Whatever I decide to do will be accomplished and light will shine on the road ahead of me.”
Yes, when we pray in agreement with God and His Word, WE WILL SEE results. God has provided ALL that is needed in this life through His Son Jesus Christ and the working of the Holy Spirit, if we would ONLY BELIEVE – TRUST- for it is a DONE THING. Yes, we are redeemed and delivered from whatever ails us.
What is it you are in need of TODAY? Ask…believe by faith and you will receive! It’s a promise! Even when you’re looking at those impossible situations in your life you must not waiver. Stand strong, firm, relaying and trusting God…use (apply) the faith that you have, stay busy…not in doubt and unbelief but in giving praise and glory to God thru and in all situations. Again I say, DO NOT WAIVER!
- James 1:5-7 sums up this very thought…“If you need wisdom—if you want to know what God wants you to do—ask him, and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking. But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. People like that should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.”
As a believer we must use/apply the faith that we have. Satan is always trying to destroy our faith with lies. You cannot allow doubt and unbelief to creep into your mind for it will destroy the faith that you have if you allow it to fester within your mind. God’s promises are true and God cannot, will not fail, for IT IS HIS WORD!
My prayer for you today: “May your life be a living testimony that testifies of the living Christ in us. The very life of a TRUE Christian is that of a PRAYING, BELIEVING Christian!!!”
Love in Christ Jesus,