In this letter let’s look at three components when applied together in one’s life which will bring about True Happiness. These components which make up a happy life are: purpose (or direction), peace (peace of mind) and a love and compassion flowing in and through our own lives.
1. There must be a true purpose and direction in one’s life; a right kind of purpose with Christ as the based or foundation of one’s life. There must be a trust in something beyond this life the, Eternity. A purpose with identity. Identified with Christ. Christ understood His purpose on earth, proclaiming,
- “These claims are valid even though I make them about myself. For I know where I came from and where I am going, but you don’t know this about me. (John 8:14).
- Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6).
These scriptures though bold and simple show us it is through faith in Christ that we can once again be reconciled to the eternal God. Yes, through Christ we know where we came from, where we are going, and why we are living on earth. If we have true faith in Christ, “we are God’s children”
- …“For his Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts and tells us that we are God’s children.” Romans 8:16.
There is a conduit of unlimited power available to all born again children of God…as stated in
- Romans 8:31 “What can we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?”
Yes, there will be challenges along life’s pathway but there are unlimited resources at its disposal.
2. Along with a purpose in life you also need peace of mind. We live in an environment that places limitations in and around our lives. We are limited by our senses, of time, of space, and of an unpredictable future. For we know not what tomorrow will bring.
The bondage of guilt straps the believer from receiving what God’s divine plan is for one’s life. We all have made wrong decisions; all have sinned. This guilt will sap our strength mentally, physically and spiritually. True happiness will only happen when one is set free from guilt…a peace of mind from wrong decisions, mistakes and the guilt of sin. True happiness only comes with the saving knowledge of Christ, the hope of glory.
What this means is we have a full assurance, a confident expectation of good things to come. It all comes down to Christ in us. Christ in us is the hope of our future glory. For the born again believer, we can expect and anticipate a future because of Christ. A future of good, of joy and of peace of mind.
Uneasiness about situation in life is another deadly disease, which causes loneliness; an emptiness and loss of purpose or meaning in our lives, which in turn so many times cause one to commit suicide. Everyone wants to love and be loved.
Staying focused in Christ and allowing the Holy Spirit to flow in your life will bring meaning into your life and fear of rejection and loss will disappear. All must put their complete trust in Jesus – all understanding and all powerful. We cannot win over these fears and enemies in our own human effort.
It takes supernatural power given by Christ when He went to the cross. His death on the cross has made AMPLE PROVISION FOR THE PEACE WE SO DESPERATELY NEED FOR HAPPINESS. Yes…we can win the battle against the enemies of our peace of mind through faith in Christ Jesus.
- Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given complete authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- also in Mark 9:23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.” Christ replies to our natural limitations.
- Yes, God has forgiven us – Romans 8:33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? Will God? No! He is the one who has given us right standing with himself.
3. There must be a flow of love and compassion in our lives which is the foundation of true happiness. Again let me say the love of Christ provides a basis for a lasting peace of mind. We must come back to having a relationship with Christ and it will become a fellowship; which will bring about a love and compassion for our fellow man.
True happiness comes when we have love and compassion for others; for the lost and hurting of this world.
Let’s begin TODAY, to:
- Share love,
- Share God,
- Share life, compassion with those around us.
A life of emptiness transformed into a life of meaning.
A life of purpose and lives full of love and compassion.
Faith in Christ Jesus will give you a life of meaning and purpose; freed from the bondage of guilt and give you a release into the peace of mind needed for genuine happiness.
Love in Christ Jesus,