In this letter we will be covering many scriptures on the topic of, What is SIN? SIN is disobedience of God’s law. SIN is any act that violates or transgresses the religious or moral law of God or the way of righteousness; rebellion of God’s laws; perversion of the heart. Jesus went to the cross that we may be FREE from sin.
The Word of God when placed into our hearts, into our lives, will sustain us to live a Holy and pure life. May we be blessed and allow these scriptures to take root into our hearts.
- 1 John 3:4 Those who sin are opposed to the law of God, for all sin opposes the law of God.
- 1 John 5:17 Every wrong is sin… The Source of SIN comes from Satan…
SIN is found in the human heart.
- Matthew 15:19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all other sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. LUST is another source of SIN.
- James 1:15 These evil desires lead to evil actions, and evil actions lead to death. SIN is a “power” that came into the world.
- Romans 5:12 When Adam sinned, sin entered the entire human race. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned. SIN rules the world.
- Romans 5:21 So just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God’s wonderful kindness rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Romans 6:14 Sin is no longer your master, for you are no longer subject to the law, which enslaves you to sin. Instead, you are free by God’s grace. SIN enslaves the human race.
- Romans. 6:17 Thank God! Once you were slaves of sin, but now you have obeyed with all your heart the new teaching God has given you.
- Romans. 6:20 In those days, when you were slaves of sin, you weren’t concerned with doing what was right. SIN deceives and destroys which can be overcome ONLY by sacrifice.
- Hebrews 3:13 You must warn each other every day, as long as it is called “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God.
- Hebrews 5:1 Now a high priest is a man chosen to represent other human beings in their dealings with God. He presents their gifts to God and offers their sacrifices for sins.
- Hebrews 9:23 That is why the earthly tent and everything in it—which were copies of things in heaven—had to be purified by the blood of animals. But the real things in heaven had to be purified with far better sacrifices than the blood of animals. SIN is taken away and people forgiven. Through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ…having a relationship with Christ…
- Hebrews. 2:17 Therefore, it was necessary for Jesus to be in every respect like us, his brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. He then could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people.
- Hebrews 9:28 so also Christ died only once as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again but not to deal with our sins again. This time he will bring salvation to all those who are eagerly waiting for him. This relationship with Christ purges and cleanses us of our SIN.
- Hebrews 1:3 The Son reflects God’s own glory, and everything about him represents God exactly. He sustains the universe by the mighty power of his command. After he died to cleanse us from the stain of sin, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God of heaven.YES, we are washed clean from our SIN when we keep in relationship (fellowship) with Christ.
- Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the commander of all the rulers of the world. All praise to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us. What breaks our relationship or fellowship with Christ?
SIN breaks our relationship with Christ. Let’s look at some of the Sin’s that God hates. (Works of the flesh)
- Galatians 5:19-21 “When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results: sexual immorality (adultery – fornication), impure thoughts (uncleanness), eagerness for lustful pleasure (lasciviousness), idolatry, participation in demonic activities (witchcraft), hostility (hatred), quarreling (variance), jealousy (emulations), outbursts of anger (wrath – strife), selfish ambition, divisions (sedition’s), the feeling that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group (heresies), envy, drunkenness, wild parties (reveling), and other kinds of sin. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.”
- Galatians 5:24-26 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. If we are living now by the Holy Spirit, let us follow the Holy Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or irritate one another, or be jealous of one another.Those who indulge in sexual sin will NOT have a share in the Kingdom of God.
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Don’t you know that those who do wrong will have no share in the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, who are idol worshipers, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, thieves, greedy people, drunkards, abusers, and swindlers—none of these will have a share in the Kingdom of God.
- Romans 1:24-32 “So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved.When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip.They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving.They are fully aware of God’s death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.” Destruction is certain for those who say that evil is good and good is evil.
- Isaiah 5:20-24 Destruction is certain for those who say that evil is good and good is evil; that dark is light and light is dark; that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter. Destruction is certain for those who think they are wise and consider themselves to be clever. Destruction is certain for those who are heroes when it comes to drinking, who boast about all the liquor they can hold. They take bribes to pervert justice. They let the wicked go free while punishing the innocent. Therefore, they will all disappear like burning straw. Their roots will rot and their flowers wither, for they have rejected the law of the LORD Almighty. They have despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
Pornography is SIN: Pornography is the presentation of sexual explicit behavior, as in a photograph (a picture, movie, or book) intended to arouse sexual excitement. Sexual excitement was created for ONLY within the marriage…the union of a man and woman.
God gave a commandment NOT to look upon another person nakedness. ALL forms of nakedness (such as: a picture, movie, in a book, or on the internet) are all forbidden and will keep you from fellowship with Christ…God has ONLY ordained the uncovering of one’s body in the presence of one’s husband or wife. The blessings and favor of God will only come into one’s life through obedience to God’s Word.
Listed below are several scriptures in regards to this topic.
- 1 John 2:15-16 Stop loving this evil world and all that it offers you, for when you love the world, you show that you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only the lust for physical pleasure, the lust for everything we see, and pride in our possessions. These are not from the Father. They are from this evil world.
- Psalm 101:3 I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. I hate all crooked dealings; I will have nothing to do with them.
- Philippians 4:8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
- Proverbs 15:26 The LORD despises the thoughts of the wicked, but he delights in pure words.
- Isaiah 55:7 Let the people turn from their wicked deeds. Let them banish from their minds the very thought of doing wrong! Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
- Proverbs 28:13 People who cover over their sins will not prosper. But if they confess and forsake them, they will receive mercy.
- 2 Corinthians 6:2 For God says, “At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.” Indeed, God is ready to help you right now. Today is the day of salvation.
- Proverbs 29:1 Whoever stubbornly refuses to accept criticism will suddenly be broken beyond repair.
- 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 We use God’s mighty weapons, not mere worldly weapons, to knock down the Devil’s strongholds. With these weapons we break down every proud argument that keeps people from knowing God. With these weapons we conquer their rebellious ideas, and we teach them to obey Christ.
May God Bless You as you strive to live a life WITHOUT SIN. Let’s never forget the scripture in Philippians 4:13 that states, “I can do all things through CHRIST strengths me.”
Love in Christ Jesus,