In this letter…JESUS WAS AND IS OUR REDEEMER. “Redeem” means – to get back full possession of; to fulfill; to save from being a total failure.
SIN (SATAN) WAS THE REASON for Redemption. Without defeating Satan there could be no Redemption.
Satan is eternally defeated because of Jesus.
- Hebrews 9:12 Once for all time he (Jesus) took blood into that Most Holy Place, but not the blood of goats and calves. He took his own blood, and with it he secured our salvation forever.
There was no other way…Jesus came to redeem ALL mankind.
- John 1:14 So the Word became human and lived here on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father.
In Matthew 4:1-11-13 are records of Satan attempting to overcome Jesus as he had Adam in the Garden. He tempted Jesus through the senses the same as he tempted Adam, but Jesus met him with the Word, and conquered him when He came down out of the mount. Jesus was a man where love ruled in all He did.
Love at work in Him, through Him; to bring ALL into a relationship/fellowship with our Heavenly Father God.
Just as Jesus was tempted by Satan with His senses so will we, but here lies the very secret for all mankind. Jesus overcame Satan and so can we by faith, faith in the finished work of Jesus, over 2000 years ago.
As a believer, Jesus lives inside of us by faith and when we receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit by faith, we have the power, the boldness, to be a witness of Christ in us.
Just as Jesus overcame Satan by the Word of God so can we. Satan comes in all kinds of deceitful ways. Don’t buy into His conniving ways. When the Word becomes part of us, inside of us, a living faith arises. This is why we must know the Word and use the Word against Satan.
Living a life of obedience in Christ will keep our relationship with God forever. Yes, Jesus is our redeemer and the Holy Spirit will guide, teach and lead us into the very truth of the Word.
We are overcomers by faith in the complete work of the cross. It is not by human works that we continue in Christ but by faith. God’s plan will prevail to every believer who is living by faith.
Stated in Zechariah 4:6, “Not by might nor by power but by my spirit saith the Lord of hosts.” As a spirit filled believer, we are to live by faith, grow in faith by God’s Word. It is not by our own efforts or works that we receive from God but strictly by faith in the Gospel. IT IS FINISHED!
- Matthew 8:17 This fulfilled the word of the Lord through Isaiah, who said, “He took our sicknesses and removed our diseases.”
We see Him in the boat. Satan tries to overwhelm it. In the midst of the awful storm, He said quietly to the water, “Peace, be still.” He ruled the sea…He ruled the wind.
- In Luke 5:4-11 we see Him governing the fish of the sea…When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Now go out where it is deeper and let down your nets, and you will catch many fish.””Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, we’ll try again.” And this time their nets were so full they began to tear! A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking. When Simon Peter realized what had happened, he fell to his knees before Jesus and said, “Oh, Lord, please leave me-I’m too much of a sinner to be around you.” For he was awestruck by the size of their catch, as were the others with him. His partners, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, were also amazed. Jesus replied to Simon, “Don’t be afraid! From now on you’ll be fishing for people!” And as soon as they landed, they left everything and followed Jesus.”
Matthew 14:13-21 is the story of feeding the multitude in the wilderness. In the same chapter, Jesus walks on the sea, conquered the storm…He was Master of every law of nature.
John 11 gives us a picture of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead for he had been in the grave for four days. Jesus proved that He was the Master of the adversary who had the authority of death.
No man ever spoke like He did. No man ever taught like He taught. Sentences like these; “All things are possible to him that believeth.” “The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life.” “I am come that ye might have life and have it abundantly.”
- It wasn’t what Jesus did on earth that made the BIGGEST difference. It was at the cross, through the cross and after the cross that made the difference.
The combination of His death, burial and resurrection gave us this born again experience, available to all who will believe by faith and receive. Through God’s love and the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus, we now have forgiveness of sin and eternal life.
Once again, mankind can have a relationship with God, with Jesus Christ living in the believer. Jesus’ blood has washed away all our sin if we receive God’s plan of Salvation.
Yes, Jesus defeated Satan, in every area of His life. With Christ in the believer and God’s gift of the Holy Spirit sent to the born again believer to receive, will bring boldness, guidance, teaching and leading all believers into the truth.
The New Creation, includes both the born again experience and the the infilling of the Holy Spirit believer and the power of God through the manifestations of Holy Spirit available to all believersthe redeeming mankind which came after He went to the cross.
- The earth walk of Jesus didn’t save anybody but it did show who He was and supported the stories of old of the coming Messiah, the Savior of the world.
- Neither does a dead Christ hanging on the cross save anybody. No one would have ever been saved thru Him if He had not gone any further than the cross.
- There is no New Birth, no New Creation, in the dead Christ. This was the place (in human eyes) where Satan had apparently won a victory over the Man who ruled him. Even Jesus’ closest followers, the disciples, only understood what the physical senses registered as they gathered around the cross.
The cross was the place where the two covenants met – the old and the new. This was the place where the sin problem was fixed – Deity becoming sin for humanity.
We are all saved by the grace of God and strictly through faith in the God’s salvation plan through the cross; which simply put, the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
His blood was shed for our sins so we may have a relationship with God. Salvation is God’s free gift to all mankind who will believe and receive.
- Hebrews 1:3 The Son reflects God’s own glory, and everything about him represents God exactly. He sustains the universe by the mighty power of his command. After he died to cleanse us from the stain of sin, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God of heaven.
- Hebrews 2:14 Because God’s children are human beings-made of flesh and blood-Jesus also became flesh and blood by being born in human form. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the Devil, who had the power of death. Jesus is talking of the adversary whom He had conquered so many times. In every contact with the adversary, Jesus conquered him.
Yes, Jesus had complete victory over Satan in His earthly walk. So can every born again spirit filled believer. You may ask. How? By believing what Jesus did on Calvary.
HE PAID THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE. He shed His blood and died for our sins, and resurrected so that we may have life and life more abundantly (eternal life).
Salvation is for ALL mankind, for those believing by Faith. He redeemed all mankind, unto a living relationship with God and His Son, Jesus. Just as we accepted Jesus as our Savior, we must also desire and accept, surrender and yield to the Holy Spirit.
Just as Christ lives in the born again believer so will the Holy Spirit live in us in the fullness of the power of Christ flowing through us. This is the New Creation, looking for Christ’s soon return, to be with Him FOREVER, for eternity!
If you haven’t received Jesus into your heart, and you would like to make Jesus your Lord and Savior and Heaven your home for Eternity, you can, today, right now.
It’s not the prayer that makes you right, it is you, by faith, personally believing His plan of salvation for yourself. It’s believing with your heart and confessing with your mouth that you are saved!
Let’s pray together: Heavenly Father, By faith, I believe you came in the flesh as the Son of God, Jesus, and died for all my sins, was resurrected so that I can have Eternal Life with you forever. I repent from my old ways (carnal ways) turn from them this moment and now place my total trust in you and the work you did on the cross. Your blood was shed for my sins. I accept you as my Savior and ask you to take up residence in me.
As a born again believer, I desire the infilling of the Holy Spirit and yield/surrender my total body, soul and spirit; my mind, my emotions and my will to the work of Holy Spirit and believe by faith that I will receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
Now, I thank you Jesus for residing in me and the power of the Holy Spirit leading me into all righteousness from this day forward. Christ is now flowing through me, as a witness and testimony of God’s love. Praise be to God. Amen.
Began to praise God and worship God and allow the Holy Spirit to saturate your being. Allow that heavenly language (that of speaking in tongues) to flow from the heart and out of your mouth.
This is a language from the spirit to God from which the Holy Spirit knows what is in your heart and you do not know how to express to God, but the Holy Spirit knows. There is a peace and calmness that comes with the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
If you prayed this prayer from your heart and meant it, you are now born-again, spirit-filled believer. Welcome into the family of God!
Just as Christ took up residence in you, so will the Holy Spirit as you yield/surrender your
total body; your mind, emotions and your will.
As you go forward in Christ allow the Holy Spirit to guide, teach and lead you.
As an added note of warning; Do not give an room for Satan in your everyday living. The devil is very deceitful and will use ANYWAY he can to divert the believer.
Always be on the alert, for Satan is looking to destroy the one who is walking in the Spirit, following Godly ways and professing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Remember, “Greater is He that is in you than he that is in this world.” Christ is in you as a believer and we do have the power/authority over the evil one, Satan in our lives. To God be the glory.
What a wonderful experience when you receive Christ in you and you receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit. It is at this place of relationship with God that you will see Christ flowing through you and out of you.
Let me conclude by saying, if you have prayed the prayer above, your first step is to find a good church. Feel free to email if you have any questions, or need prayer. Leave a comment in the comment section on the website, below this letter. Thanks. LET’S WALK IN VICTORY!
As always, love in Jesus Christ,