In this letter, let’s continue with another question, God is asking? Are you immediately obeying? Obedience is submission to authority; to follow orders; to fulfill one’s responsibility. Obedience is the very key to receiving from God. God expects His children to be obedient to his Word.
When the Lord speaks, do you immediately obey?
- Matthew 4:19 – 22 (NLT) Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!” And they left their nets at once and followed him. A little farther up the shore he saw two other brothers, James and John, sitting in a boat with their father, Zebedee, repairing their nets. And he called them to come, too.They immediately followed him, leaving the boat and their father behind.
- Matthew 9:9 (NLT) As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him.So Matthew got up and followed him.
God’s Word – the BIBLE is truly the instruction manual for living a pure and Holy life. As we read it and immediately follow the prompting of the Holy Spirit, our lives will become overflowing with God’s blessing and favor. We must be willing to obey His leading, take His correction and follow His direction.
- Psalms 119:9 (NLT) How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word. Obedience was the terms of the covenant.
- Genesis 17:9 (NLT) Then God said to Abraham, “Your responsibility is to obey the terms of the covenant. You and all your descendants have this continual responsibility. God’s unfailing love is to those who love and obey Him.
- Deut. 5:10 (NLT) But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands. Obedience is better than sacrifice!
- 1 Samuel 15:22 (NLT) But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.
Obeying God’s commands which includes obeying our earthly parents, will give us wisdom and sound advice to follow.
- Proverbs 6:20 (NLT) My son, obey your father’s commands, and don’t neglect your mother’s instruction.
Obedience WILL bring God’s favor and blessings along your pathway and into your life.
- Isaiah 1:19 (NLT) If you will only obey me, you will have plenty to eat. Without righteousness you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Righteousness is more than right living: Matthew 5:20 (NLT) “But I warn you—unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven!
- it is obeying the very Words of Jesus & applying God’s Word in everyday living…
- being Christ-like…
- living the life by example…being the example for all to follow.
We are to teach God’s commands to those within our lives. You can be assured that Jesus WILL be with you as you lead by example and continue to share the good news of Christ in your life.
- Matthew 28:20 (NLT) Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this:I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
We all will go through test, trials and trouble here on earth. We are to learn through these troubles and through them we will learn to overcome Satan and his attacks on us. Yes, we as believers are more than conquerors because we put our trust completely in Christ Jesus, who overcame all obstacles in life including death.
- Hebrews 5:8 (NLT) Even though Jesus was God’s Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered.
Truly obeying God is doing the very will of God in our life. Yes, living –obeying – applying the Word of God in ALL areas of our life.
- Matthew 7:21 (NLT) “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.
As Christians we accept and apply God’s Word in our everyday living. This means NO COMPROMISING.
- Romans 6:17 (NLT) Thank God! Once you were slaves of sin, but now you wholeheartedly obey this teaching we have given you.
The Holy Spirit resides in the believer, to teach, to correct, and to guide us unto and into righteousness…yes, right living.
- Hebrews 12:25 (NLT) Be careful that you do not refuse to listen to the One who is speaking. For if the people of Israel did not escape when they refused to listen to Moses, the earthly messenger, we will certainly not escape if we reject the One who speaks to us from heaven!
Remember, God and God’s Word is the final authority in life. Obey and follow His Word and you will please God.
- Acts 5:29 (NLT) But Peter and the apostles replied, “We must obey God rather than any human authority.”
There are consequences in not following/obeying God. God is a loving and fair God. He will and must judge each individual, accordingly to His Word.
- Romans 2:8 (NLT) But he will pour out his anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who refuse to obey the truth and instead live lives of wickedness.
- Matthew 16:27 (NLT) For the Son of Man will come with his angels in the glory of his Father and will judge all people according to their deeds.
As a believer – obeying God and His Word will set you free from the things of this world.
- John 8:31 – 32 (NLT)Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Jesus will reveal Himself to those who accept/apply and obey His commands:
- John 14:21 – 23 (NLT) Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.” Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.
God gave us His law, His Word, to believe, to obey and receive. The Bible is our guide to live here on earth. If you want to live a blessed life on earth, begin to follow God’s instruction manual-the BIBLE. Listen and follow/apply what it has to say and God has guaranteed a life of BLESSINGS TO THOSE WHO OBEY!
- James 1:25 (NLT) But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.
Love in Christ Jesus,