Another question God is ASKING; Do YOU worry? Do YOU trust ME? Do YOU really believe? Do YOU trust GOD? In this letter, to believe in someone or something is to put your trust in someone or something.
To believe in the Bible (God’s Word) means that you are placing your trust in what it says. So when we read the Bible and believe, that is to say, we are placing our trust in God and His promises written in His Word. We can be assured by placing our faith/trust in what it says we will see results. To place our trust in God’s Word we apply it in our everyday living.
To believe is to trust and this means NOT to worry. Worry is distrust, NOT belief. If you believe His Written Word, you are than trusting in the manifestation of His Spoken Word to become evident in your life. Yes, God’s Word when heard and believed becomes life-changing to the believer. Believing is true faith. So you might say, believing is trusting in that which you believe.
Let’s look at what Jesus had to say about worry. Worry places doubt and non-belief in the Christian life.
- Matthew 6:25 – 33 (NLT) “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
Again, God is asking… Do you REALLY TRUST ME? What is trust? Trust is to hope or to place one’s confidence in someone or something. We are to place our trust in Jesus and His finished work. My trust is in God and His plan for mankind. God’s work is done completely through Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit.
Yes, through the cross of Jesus Christ, His death and His resurrection has brought all mankind to once again be united with their Father and Creator, God. As a believer you now can be in right standing with God and have communion with Him through Jesus our Savior.
Yes, I really TRUST God and His plan for rescuing fallen man. Life here on earth is just a “vapor”, for we are here today and gone tomorrow; just a moment in history.
We as believers do have a hope of tomorrow, eternal life will come to everyone. As we pass from this life on earth as we know it and into eternity. You will either spend eternity with God in heaven, forever, or you will spend eternity in hell with Satan, forever in torment, as the Bible states.
The reality of eternal life is just around the next bend. EVERYONE will be judged for what we have done here on earth. Today is the day to live for Jesus. Simply put, accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and “love the Lord with all your heart, mind/ emotions, soul and spirit. Our TRUST must be placed IN JESUS CHRIST!
I am so GRATEFUL for HIS LOVE. How about YOU? Are you willing to place your trust in Jesus; your Lord and Savior? Jesus is saying, come:
- Matthew 14:25 – 33 (NLT) About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. When the disciples saw him walking on the water, they were terrified. In their fear, they cried out, “It’s a ghost!” But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!” Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.” “Yes, come,” Jesus said. So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus.But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted.Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?” When they climbed back into the boat, the wind stopped. Then the disciples worshiped him. “You really are the Son of God!” they exclaimed.
Jesus gives us the very secret in Matthew on how to come to God and believe. It takes ONLY simple faith, yes, the simplest kind of faith; childlike trust. God said it and I believe it! Again, God is asking you. Are you willing to come as a little child? In simple faith?
- Matthew 18:1 – 3 (NLT) About that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?” Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them. Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Our faith and trust is not to be in the things of this world. Our trust is to be in Christ Jesus. He was victorious over Satan and won the battle over Satan for the entire human race. It is through Jesus Christ, the Son of God, that we are now made FREE.
- Do you believe?
- Do you trust Him?
Yes, we are to trust Jesus to give us the victory over Satan, now, today, in our own individual lives. Trusting God and Jesus as our Redeemer, means making Him LORD in every area of our life. Serving Christ means following His ways and teachings, 100% for your mind must be set. NO COMPROMISING.
As a follower of Jesus Christ we are to ask for, believe and receive, God’s gift, the gift of Holy Spirit; which will guide and comfort us through this life on earth, becoming victorious over any of Satan’s deceptive ways.
This precious gift, the infilling of the Holy Spirit, sent from God Himself, is for all believers to receive; to be our help in times of trouble. The Holy Spirit will guide and lead us into ALL truth, changing us into the very image of Jesus Christ. Do you receive? As a believer filled with the Holy Spirit we are a NEW CREATURE, an over comer. A life of joy in Christ Jesus. Do you believe?
What is it that Satan has stolen from you? What is it that you are in need of? Come to your Father, God, with child like faith and receive what you need. He is willing to give you what you need.
- Are you willing to receive?
- Are you ready to receive?
Jesus gave us as believers, authority over Satan through the very blood that He shed; just for you! Do you believe? Pray this prayer with me in agreement with God’s Word…Let’s pray:
“Father, God, today is going to be the beginning of a new life for me…for I believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for all my sins, died and was resurrected from the dead to give me new life in which I believe I am receiving NOW, as I confess my sins to you… (list them) and I repent (I turn from them, from this day forth) making you my Lord and Savior over my life…as your servant. I promise to follow you and serve you. I use the authority that you have given to me, NOW, to use your name as a believer. In Jesus name, I NOW take authority over the power of Satan for he has NO RIGHT in my life. I am in Christ Jesus, NOW, washed by His blood, cleansed from ALL sickness and disease. From this day forth I will walk in newness of MIND, BODY and SPIRIT. Satan, YOU MUST TAKE YOUR HANDS off of my mind, my body and my spirit. My emotions and my will is yours. For I have been purchased by the blood of Jesus Christ and from this day forth. I except His free gift of the Holy Spirit and from this day forward I WILL WALK in the FREEDOM given me by my Father, through Jesus Christ, AMEN.”
“Thank you, Father for my NEW LIFE in you!”
Love in Christ Jesus,