In this letter – This HOPE – the GOOD NEWS is available to all, FOR TODAY, which was hidden from Old Testament Saints.
- Colossians 1:26 (NLT) This message was kept secret for centuries and generations past, but now it has been revealed to God’s people.
- Ephesians 2:12 (KJV)That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Yes, the mystery of Christ within believers, the hope of glory. The word for hope in the greek is elpis / el-pece’ from elpoo which is a primary word (to anticipate, usually with pleasure); expectation (abstract or concrete) or confidence; -faith, hope, trust)…. (AN EXPECTATION).
- 1 Corinthians 15:19 (KJV)If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
There is life after death for all. Simply put, Heaven for the believer and Hell for the sinner, non-believers. A believer, follower of Christ will have an Eternal Life with Christ! For the sinner (non-believer) there will be an eternal life in Hell. We are all only one heartbeat away from judgement day.
There are three choices of Hope:
1. False Hope –
- hope in money as stated in Luke 18:23 (KJV) And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich. This man had made money his god.
- some people hope in their own intellect or abilities; believing that education answers all needs and they think they can handle any crisis. Some people hope in religious ceremonies or rites.
- some people hope in their good works.
2. No Hope – Ephesians 2:12 (KJV) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
- To live without Christ is to die without hope.
- Believers do not sorrow like the lost for unbelievers have no sure hope at death.
3. The Hope of Glory – Colossians 1:27 (KJV)To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
“Christ in you”. My faith, my confidence – my HOPE is in Christ Jesus! Because Christ has risen – our HOPE – you can be sure is in Him!
Steps to walking safely – in Christ Jesus. Colossians 2:6-15 (KJV).
- v6 – walk as you first received Christ…your first love. As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
- v7 – walk rooted in Christ Jesus…reach out and take in water (the Holy Spirit)…absorb nutrients for growth from the Word. “Rooted and built up in him, and established in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.”
- v8-9 – we will find all we need in Christ…not in philosophy but in faith…not in the world but in the Word. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
- v10 – we are complete in Him…he is more powerful than our enemies. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
- v11-12 – by accepting Christ…a new life has begun. In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
- v13-15 – we are made alive…we’ve been forgiven…for Satan and his demons are defeated. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcised of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
KEEPING Satan OUT!
- Genesis 2:15 (KJV) And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.Watchman keep things, places and individuals safe, intact and in possession. We are to be a watchman, or a guardian over others through intercessory prayer.
- Psalm 127:1 (KJV) Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
- Proverbs 4:23 (KJV) Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Let’s unite together and keep Satan out – of our family, through daily prayer. Praying with faith is to know that “greater is He that is in you than he that is in this world”.
We as believers ought to be the watchman /bodyguard /shield interceding for our Pastor and Spiritual leaders.
- Pastors and Spiritual Leaders have more responsibility and accountability. James 3:1 (KJV) My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
- Pastors and Spiritual Leaders are more subject to temptation. The higher you go up on the ladder of Christian leadership the higher you go on Satan’s hit list.
- Pastors and Spiritual Leaders are more targeted by Spiritual warfare.
- Pastors and Spiritual Leaders have more influence on others. The very nature of their ministry calls for more intercession.
- Pastors and Spiritual Leaders have more visibility. Being up front they are constantly subject to gossip and criticism.
Here is an excellent prayer guide for praying for the Pastors and Spiritual Leaders. Ask the Lord and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you in your prayers. God looks at the heart and motive of the praying believer…
Sunday: Favor with God – spiritual revelation, anointing, holiness.
Monday: Favor with others – congregations, ministry, staff, unsaved.
Tuesday: Increased vision – wisdom and enlightenment, motives, guidance.
Wednesday: Spirit, Soul, Body – health, appearance.
Thursday: Protection – general, spouse, children.
Friday: Finances – priorities, blessings.
Saturday: Family – general, spouse, children.
Be committed TODAY, to go FORWARD in Christ; ADVANCING in HIS Kingdom, DECREASING the population of HELL and INCREASING the population of HEAVEN!
May God Bless You,
Love in Christ Jesus,