JESUS WAS AND IS OUR REDEEMER. “Redeem” means – to get back full possession of; to fulfill; to save from being a total failure. SIN (SATAN) WAS THE REASON for Redemption. Without defeating Satan there could be no Redemption.
Hebrews 9:12 Once for all time he (Jesus) took blood into that Most Holy Place, but not the blood of goats and calves. He took his own blood, and with it he secured our salvation forever. Satan is eternally defeated.
John 1:14 So the Word became human and lived here on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father.
There was and is no other way…Jesus came to redeem ALL mankind.
- Matthew 4:1-11-13 are records of Satan attempting to overcome Jesus as he had Adam in the Garden. He tempted Jesus through the senses the same as he tempted Adam, but Jesus met him with the Word, and conquered him when He came down out of the mount. Jesus was a man where love ruled in all He did…Love at work in Him, through Him…to bring ALL into a relationship/fellowship with our Heavenly Father God.
- Matthew 4:18-25 …vs 23, Jesus traveled throughout Galilee teaching in the synagogues, preaching everywhere the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed people who had every kind of sickness and disease. News about him spread far beyond the borders of Galilee so that the sick were soon coming to be healed from as far away as Syria. And whatever their illness and pain, or if they were possessed by demons, or were epileptics, or were paralyzed-he healed them all. He met Satan under all forms of disease bringing God to man, and in every place He conquered him.
- Matthew 8:17 This fulfilled the word of the Lord through Isaiah, who said, “He took our sicknesses and removed our diseases.” We see Him in the boat. Satan tries to overwhelm it. In the midst of the awful storm, He said quietly to the water, “Peace, be still.” He ruled the sea…He ruled the wind.
- Luke 5:4-11 we see Him governing the fish of the sea…When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Now go out where it is deeper and let down your nets, and you will catch many fish.””Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, we’ll try again.” And this time their nets were so full they began to tear! A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking. When Simon Peter realized what had happened, he fell to his knees before Jesus and said, “Oh, Lord, please leave me-I’m too much of a sinner to be around you.” For he was awestruck by the size of their catch, as were the others with him. His partners, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, were also amazed. Jesus replied to Simon, “Don’t be afraid! From now on you’ll be fishing for people!” And as soon as they landed, they left everything and followed Jesus.”
- Matthew 14:13-21 is the story of feeding the multitude in the wilderness. In the same chapter, Jesus walks on the sea, conquered the storm…He was Master of every law of nature. John 11 gives us a picture of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead for he had been in the grave for four days. Jesus proved that He was the Master of the adversary who had the authority of death. No man ever spoke like He did. No man ever taught like He taught.
Sentences like these…
- “All things are possible to him that believeth.”
- “The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life.”
- “I am come that ye might have life and have it abundantly.”
It wasn’t what Jesus did on earth that made the BIGGEST difference…the born again experience came after He went to the cross and the infilling of the Holy Spirit came after the born-again experience, but may be received during conversion.
The earth walk of Jesus didn’t save anybody. Neither does a dead Christ hanging on the cross save anybody. No one would have ever been saved thru Him if He had not gone any further than the cross.
- There is no New Birth, no New Creation, in the dead Christ.
This was the place (in human eyes) where Satan had apparently won a victory over the Man who ruled him for three and a half years. Even His closest followers, the disciples, only understood what the physical senses registered as they gathered around the cross.The cross was the place where the two covenants met…the old and the new.
This was the place where the sin problem was fixed…Deity becoming sin for humanity.
Hebrews 1:3 The Son reflects God’s own glory, and everything about him represents God exactly. He sustains the universe by the mighty power of his command. After he died to cleanse us from the stain of sin, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God of heaven. Hebrews 2:14 Because God’s children are human beings-made of flesh and blood-Jesus also became flesh and blood by being born in human form. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the Devil, who had the power of death. Jesus is talking of the adversary whom He had conquered so many times. In every contact with the adversary, Jesus conquered him. Yes…Jesus had complete victory over Satan in His earthly walk. So can every born again spirit filled believer… by believing what Jesus did on Calvary. HE PAID THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE. He shed His blood and died for our sins, and resurrected so that we may have life and life more abundantly (eternal life) just for you and me… for ALL mankind…for those believing by Faith, that He Redeemed all mankind…unto a living relationship with God and His Son, Jesus…His Spirit-The Holy Spirit- living in us, flowing through us…teaching us , leading us, into all truth, a New Creation … looking for His soon return to be with Him FOREVER…FOREVER…FOREVER…Eternity!
If you haven’t received Jesus into your heart, and you would like to make Jesus your Lord and Savior and Heaven your home for Eternity, you can, Today, right now. It’s not the prayer that makes you right…it is you personally believing His plan of salvation for you.
- It is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved! (Romans 10:9)
Let’ pray together, Heavenly Father, I believe you came in the flesh as the Son of God, Jesus, and died for all my sins, was resurrected so that I can have Eternal Life with you forever. I repent from my old ways (carnal ways) turn from them this moment and now place my total trust in you and the work you did on the cross. Not I that lives, but Christ made righteousness in me…I believe you live in me and I receive the gift of the Holy Spirit who resides in me right now and from this day forward is leading me and guiding me into all truth. Praise be to God. Amen.
If you prayed this prayer from your heart and meant it…you are born-again…
A Christian! Welcome into the family of God…
Your first step is to find a good church, read and study His Word, pray and be obedient to His leading. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. LET’S WALK IN VICTORY!
Love in Christ Jesus,