In this letter…You will make a choice to follow one of two principles in life… either to follow (Godly) Kingdom principles or follow worldly principles. Principles are the elementary Christian truths taught in the Bible. A Principle is defined as – a basic truth, a rule or standard of good behavior, moral or ethical standards, a basic source, or a way of life.
TODAY, I have chosen to follow after Godly principles and go beyond these principles and see people brought into His Kingdom. God has promised to give His Kingdom to those on this earth who follow after (His) principles. Christian principles are to be maintained in our daily life.
- Hebrews 5:12-14 You have been Christians a long time now, and you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things a beginner must learn about the Scriptures. You are like babies who drink only milk and cannot eat solid food. And a person who is living on milk isn’t very far along in the Christian life and doesn’t know much about doing what is right. Solid food is for those who are mature, who have trained themselves to recognize the difference between right and wrong and then do what is right.
It’s time we as Christians live a life of maturity, living a life of authority in Christ… a life that is beyond the basic principles of elementary truths.
- Hebrews 6:1-3 So let us stop going over the basics of Christianity (Christ) again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don’t need to start all over again with the importance of turning away from evil deeds and placing our faith in God. You don’t need further instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. And so, God willing, we will move forward to further understanding.
Paul speaks about becoming a mature Christian. This Christian maturity that Paul speaks of is that of perfection. Attaining the end or purpose or full measure; complete or fully developed spiritually.
- James 1:4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.
- 1 John 4:18 Such love has no fear because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of judgment, and this shows that his love has not been perfected in us.
Morally speaking, a mature person will have the love of Jesus flowing through his life; sharing and caring about people, having love and compassion for his fellow man not following after the things of this world.
- Matthew 19:21 Jesus told him, “If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
Jesus went beyond the basic principles of Christian living, that is to say, He followed the very will of the Father, speaking the truth (the Word), healing the sick and feeding (caring for) the hungry.
God has a plan for every believer… that is to demonstrate… to show the love and compassion of Christ Jesus to every person. Christ in us, Jesus flowing through us.
- Colossians 4:12: Epaphras, from your city, a servant of Christ Jesus, sends you his greetings. He always prays earnestly for you, asking God to make you strong and perfect, fully confident of the whole will of God. It’s time we as the body of Christ follow the direction of the Holy Spirit in everything we do; both spiritually and physically.
Let’s began to ask God what He would have us do as Christians, who to share the Gospel to…for the Holy Spirit is waiting to guide us and lead us to the very one who needs Christ. Time is short here on earth and NOW is the time to reach the lost.
James 4:13 Look here, you people who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” How do you know what will happen tomorrow? For your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone.
We as spirit filled believers must put off the old, carnal ways and keep our minds and thoughts on Christ.
- Matthew 5:28 But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust in his eye has already committed adultery with her in his heart. …our minds must be set on Godly ways…speaking only what the Word says…
- James 1:17 Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above, who created all heaven’s lights. Unlike them, he never changes or casts shifting shadows.
We as spirit filled believers must begin to fulfill the purpose of Christ in us the hope of glory. If the Holy Spirit is residing in us than our character will be His character, that is; as stated in:
- Galatians 5:22-26 But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. If we are living now by the Holy Spirit, let us follow the Holy Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or irritate one another, or be jealous of one another.
Love in Christ is the main ingredient that will cause a life to change.
- 1 Corinthians 13:11-13 It’s like this: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows now. There are three things that will endure—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.
The manifestations of the Holy Spirit is to be demonstrated in our lives, for the perfecting of the saints and to see Gods Kingdom increased; to bring about conviction and healing in one’s life. The “gifts of the Holy Spirit” must begin to operate in every believer’s life. Then and only then will the church rise to the level of maturity in which Paul speaks about.
- 1 Corinthians 14:22-25 So you see that speaking in tongues is a sign, not for believers, but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for the benefit of believers, not unbelievers. Even so, if unbelievers or people who don’t understand these things come into your meeting and hear everyone talking in an unknown language, they will think you are crazy. But if all of you are prophesying, and unbelievers or people who don’t understand these things come into your meeting, they will be convicted of sin, and they will be condemned by what you say. As they listen, their secret thoughts will be laid bare, and they will fall down on their knees and worship God, declaring, “God is really here among you.”
Again let me say, it’s time we desire the meat of the Word…“for the perfecting of the saints”. There is a time to become a doer of the Word…that time is TODAY.
- Hebrews 5:11-14 There is so much more we would like to say about this. But you don’t seem to listen, so it’s hard to make you understand. You have been Christians a long time now, and you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things a beginner must learn about the Scriptures (Christ). You are like babies who drink only milk and cannot eat solid food. And a person who is living on milk isn’t very far along in the Christian life and doesn’t know much about doing what is right. Solid food is for those who are mature, who have trained themselves to recognize the difference between right and wrong and then do what is right.
As mature Christians we have won our battle with Satan. Yes, we know in whom we trust. Because Christ lives in us we are an over comer and victory is ours.
1 John 2:14 I have written to you, children, because you have known the Father. I have written to you who are mature because you know Christ, the one who is from the beginning. I have written to you who are young because you are strong with God’s word living in your hearts, and you have won your battle with Satan.
Let’s began to live a life of victory and a life as a mature Christian, doing the things God wants us to do, not going back to the former things but moving on to the meat of the Gospel.
Living in the Spirit, the fruit of the Spirit flowing from us and allowing the Gifts of the Spirit to take up residency in us believers. May God continue to bless us in all we do, for His glory!
Love in Christ Jesus,