In this letter may we see another important ingredient to the Christian walk that of Christian Fellowship with like-minded believers; which keeps us accountable for our actions. This is why attending Church and fellowship with Christian believers is so important to every child of God.
- Hebrews 10:25 (NLT) And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.
Christian Fellowship is a key ingredient in the Christian walk; true happiness which comes from a relationship with Christ. There are three components when applied together in one’s life which will bring about true happiness. Let’s take a look at these components which make up a happy life; they are:
- purpose (or direction),
- peace (peace of mind) and
- a love and compassion flowing in and through our own lives through Christian fellowship.
1. There must be a true purpose and direction in one’s life; a right kind of purpose with Christ as the based or foundation of one’s life. There must be a trust in something beyond this life…in the Eternal; a purpose with identity, being identified with Christ.
2. Along with a purpose in life you also need peace of mind. We live in an environment that places limitations in and around our lives. We are limited by our senses, of time, of space, and of an unpredictable future. For we know not what tomorrow will bring. It takes supernatural power to live a life of peace. Christ gave us this peace when He went to the cross. His death on the cross has made AMPLE PROVISION FOR THE PEACE WE SO DESPERATELY NEED FOR HAPPINESS. Yes…we can win the battle against the enemies of our peace of mind through faith in Christ Jesus.
3. There must be a flow of love and compassion in our lives which is the foundation of true happiness. Again let me say the love of Christ provides a basis for a lasting peace of mind. We must come back to having a relationship with Christ and it will become a fellowship; which will bring about a love and compassion for our fellowman.
True happiness comes when we have love and compassion for others; including the lost and hurting of this world.
Let’s begin TODAY to:
- Share Love and compassion,
- Share God with those around us and
- Share Life.
A life of emptiness transformed into a life of meaning… a life of purpose…lives full of love and compassion for your fellow man. Yes, Share Life together!
Fellowship with God is sharing together with God. True Christian fellowship is:
- A common purpose (goal, aim, intention…life forevermore…eternal life)
- A common belief (actuality in something, in truth…benefits of participation in the local church; instruction, fellowship, observation of the ordinances -Lord’s Supper, corporate prayer, effective outreach, common cause, mutual assistance, worship, discipline, pastoral oversight, & OBEDIENCE TO God’s command not to neglect the assembling of themselves together) Acts 2:42 (NLT) They joined with the other believers and devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, sharing in the Lord’s Supper.
- A common conviction (the state of being found, the act or process of convincing) 1 Peter 3:8 (NLT) Finally, all of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds.
- A common work (attitude, delivered from discouragement & fear) Neh. 4:1-23.
- A common hope (to have confidence; trust, to expect and desire) Heb. 11:39-40.
- A common faith (belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence) 1 Sam. 20:30-42
- A common suffering (something that causes pain or distress) Dan. 3:16-30 A common need (necessity; obligation) (3 principles of giving; be eager to give (willing), give in proportion to what you have, give from love to supply another’s needs (v.14)2 Cor.8:1-15. Paul recognized the church’s sincere love for all believers… “Their love for all saints”
This points brought out above brought forth a great reputation for the church…what a lesson could be learned here for any local church.
As a disciple…love must be what is to be worn all the time as stated here in:
- John 13:35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. Love is the proof that we’ve passed from death to life.
- 1 John 3:14 If we love our Christian brothers and sisters, it proves that we have passed from death to eternal life. But a person who doesn’t love them is still dead.
Without love we are considered “nothing”. Love “for all saints” should begin with those closest to us…
- an active love in our homes…
- an active love in our church.
Love will always end strife and build fellowship. No wonder Paul was refreshed by this Church, for love was flowing in and through all believers. These believers had their Hope set on Heaven. “You do this because you are looking forward to the joys of heaven—as you have been ever since you first heard the truth of the Good News.”
Heaven was real to these believers. This world was not their home, for they longed and lived for Heaven. These believers were laying up their treasures in Heaven, which should be and is a great motivation for Christian service, the Christian walk. True thanksgiving produces thankful living and Christian fellowship.
Are you thankful:
…for salvation…tell others of Christ.
…for provision…share it with others.
…for kindness…pass them on.
…for Christian fellowship…extend fellowship.
…for Prayers…pray for others.
Being truly thankful means sharing with one another.
- Do you neglect regular fellowship and meaningful service through your church? It’s important to stay closely connected to a local body of believers.
- Are you a spectator rather than a participant in God’s work? Ask God where you can serve in the church in Christian fellowship. Brotherly Love,
Love in Christ Jesus,