In this letter – The difference in being saved is…Not running to SIN but from SIN!” What is Sin? · SIN is – rebellion of God’s Laws. SIN is disobedience of God’s law… Simply put, every wrong.
In previous letters we have covered various areas of SIN…What is Sin? – missing the mark…What Sin does? – separates. We also took a look at what the end result of SIN is – death. Now let’s take a look at what it takes to be an over comer?
- An over comer is “one that has overcome obstacles.
- An over comer is one that obeys God’s law.
To “overcome sin” one must live in obedience with God’s ways…Obedience will cause you to live as an over comer. It will take a sacrifice of ones total body, soul and spirit; allowing the Holy Spirit to rule. Jesus was an over comer. He overcame SIN. He was a conquer…defeating Satan in all areas. He was victorious.
Jesus Christ was an over comer “without Sin” and is our prime example.
- Hebrews 4:15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same temptations we do, yet he did not sin.
We are to follow Jesus and His passion…reaching out to the lost, the hurting and those in need. We are all born into “SIN” and through Christ we too can be an over comer, that is to say, “overcome sin”. How does one overcome Sin?
The Bible is the key that unlocks the door in the life both the sinner and the believer. Truly, The Bible (The Good News) is the Power of God and is the antidote for SIN.
- Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—Jews first and also Gentiles.
To overcome, the believer or Christian must live by faith in order to receive anything from God. What is faith? How do I increase faith in my life?
- Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. I like to say it this way…Faith is seeing that which IS NOT as though IT IS, according to God’s Word. Another translation reads “It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see.”
I look at faith this way…faith is seeing that which is not as though it is according to Gods Word (His promises) alive and active.
- In Romans 10:17 we find out where Faith comes from; Yet faith comes from listening to this message of good news—the Good News about Christ.
Yes, NOW Faith is…faith is not hope…for hope is always out there in the future…but FAITH is the substance hoped for. If faith is not NOW, it’s not faith. The promises of God have already been spoken. The Word, His will, is yes…it’s a matter of us receiving what He has already done. In Romans Paul talks about Faith…it is a law.
- Romans 3:27 (KJV) Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. The New Living Translation says it like this; “Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted by God? No, because our acquittal is not based on our good deeds. It is based on our faith.”
So…the law of the Old Testament was a law of works. But now under the New Covenant, it’s by the law of faith. Under the law, (the Old Testament) their works made them righteous. Righteousness is not by works but today under The New Covenant, it’s by the law of faith.
Faith must come from the heart…not the head. In other words, faith must be developed. Time develops faith. To continue to be an over comer one must stay connected with Christ through prayer, studying His Word and applying what He says. Real, true Faith is I know that I know and acting on or applying what I know. A key to overcoming…think before speaking. To overcome situations in life, one must stay focused and in the kingdom work, keeping the Word in the forefront of your heart, speaking only what God says in His Word.
- John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life. Just as there is life in the words we speak, our words can also bring death as stated in:
- Proverbs 18:14: “The human spirit can endure a sick body, but who can bear it if the spirit is crushed?”
We are over comers! You and I as believers can overcome sin by using faith-filled words, the power to bind and loose. Words of faith brings God on the scene…Words of fear brings the devil on the scene. Yes, words are like seeds they will produce a harvest. An over comer will always pray the answer…Yes, pray the solution from God’s Word and speak Words of life. Praying the problem will kill faith-causing fear to abound opening the doorway to the devil.
An over comer will believe… Mark 9:23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.” If you will believe you will receive.
Another key to being an over comer is to confess what God has said in a particular situation. Find the promise in the Word regarding your situation, speak it forth with your lips; faith believing in your heart and your actions as you watch it become reality in your life.The seed of your word; growing to maturity, producing the product (or fruit) of your word. Are you speaking His Word?
An over comer is one that is “fully persuaded” (convinced). Confess that which is in you. For true confession will bring out the bad and the good in you. Confession is agreeing with God. As you study His Word and confess that which is in you…you will soon realize the truth in speaking the Word of God from your heart…producing pray results, the kind that makes an over comer.Sin having NO RULE over you…yes, an over comer… like Jesus…one without sin!
The over comer – has Authority! The authority of Christ in Him. The Bible states that the end time believers overcome the devil by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony. The declaration of the blood can bring healing to every part of our body. Rev. 12:11 And they have defeated him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of their testimony. And they were not afraid to die.
- The Word of God,
- the name of Jesus and
- the precious blood of Jesus are three of the spiritual keys to use in spiritual warfare.
Yes – we the Church must begin to use the Authority God gave us and do something. Let’s begin today, speaking the Word of God, in the Name of Jesus, applying His blood over our situation, families and friends.
Do you know your rights as a believer? “Greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world.” The over comer will not allow Satan to keep them in unbelief. When you demand Satan to flee, he must depart. As you take your authority, declare your rights and privileges in God by faith…you will begin to see results when you speak and declare the Word. Speak and declare the Word only…Don’t be moved by what you see or what you feel…be moved ONLY by what you believe, through His Word.
Believe…and stand your ground and become an over comer.
1 Peter 5:8-10 Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the Devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour. Take a firm stand against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are. In his kindness God called you to his eternal glory by means of Jesus Christ. After you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.
We will go through a time of testing and trials but be assured that there will be also a time of strengthening …so be strong in the faith, don’t waiver…for our faith is built on a firm foundation…Christ Jesus, and He never fails. The end results will be the finished product…one who overcame obstacles… like Jesus, an over comer.
- Romans 8:17 And since we are his children, we will share his treasures—for everything God gives to his Son, Christ, is ours, too. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.
God is waiting for us to take authority over every situation around us…It is within the reach of every believer to become an over comer and use His God given authority.
- Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the one who rules in the kingdom of darkness, and he has brought us into the Kingdom of his dear Son.
We were brought into His Kingdom for a purpose…to live a life as an over comer…that God’s glory would be manifested in the Sons of God…yes, every believer…sharing the Good News…
Mark 16:15-18 And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned. These signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak new languages. They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won’t hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick and heal them.”
An over comer…defeating Satan in ALL areas of our life! Through the blood of the Lamb we are an over comer, victorious!
Love in Christ Jesus,