In this letter let’s look at disobedience and omission and what the Bible may say on these subjects. Just as your thoughts, attitudes, words and relationships can become hindrances to your “personal revival”; so can disobedience and omission hinder the power of God working within your life.
Disobedience is –transgression against God, breaking God’s commandments or doing something God forbids. Are we transgressing against God by watching certain movies; television programs, internet or playing certain video games that promote immorality, impurity and violence?
- Ephesians 5:5 (NLT) You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.
- 1 Corinthians 3:16 – 17 (NLT) Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you? God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.
As believers, we are the very Temple that God resides in today.
- Where do you spend more time?
- On the internet, watching television and movies, playing video games or, is more time spent in building your relationship with God by Bible reading and prayer?
- Do you place your work,hobby or family ahead of God?
Confess and ask God to give you a genuine heart of worship; placing Him first, in all that we do, our personal relationship with Him as well as our finances. Be prepared to stand for God’s truth at all cost. Omission is – an oversight, something left undone or left out; such as daily prayer, bible study and sharing Jesus Christ and what He had done for you.
- James 4:17 (NLT) Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.
- Acts 1:8 (NLT)“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- Are you a witness to your family, friends and co-workers?
- Ezekiel 3:18 states that we become responsible for the lost of those around us.
- According to 1 Peter 3:15, every believer should be able to clearly present Jesus, “the reason for the hope that you have” the hope we have in Jesus Christ.
Ask God to help you be an example, a witness and share the Gospel. Make up your mind to start today to regular read your Bible and to spend regular time praying daily for family, friends and your church.
This is the key to becoming a successful witness. “Revival” begins with you! Become hungry, seek God and be filled with his Spirit.
As a leader. exercise your responsibility in Christian service. To better understand disobedience and omission we will take a look at Obedience and its relationship to God and man in our next letter.
Love in Christ Jesus,