In this letter we will look at several ways by which healing is obtained. As we look at the early church teachings they used healing as a means of advertising the Gospel as well as blessing the people. God is Merciful:
- Nehemiah 9:17 (NLT2) They refused to obey and did not remember the miracles you had done for them. Instead, they became stubborn and appointed a leader to take them back to their slavery in Egypt! But you are a God of forgiveness, gracious and merciful, slow to become angry, and rich in unfailing love. You did not abandon them,
- Psalm 103:8 (NLT2) The LORD is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
- Psalm 86:15 (NLT2) But you, O Lord, are a God of compassion and mercy, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.
- John 14:13 – 14 is a good example of this; You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father. Yes, ask anything in my name, and I will do it! “Ask” in verse 13, in the Greek means (a demand –of something due).
You are not demanding it of the Father, because the Father has given you authority over Satan.
Are you asking in trust for true faith is asking in trust. Let me ask you:
Do you trust God?
Do you believe God can?
Do you believe God will?
If God healed yesterday He will heal today…for God is the same yesterday, today and forever. God has made a way in and through the New Covenant for the healing of our bodies. Rely on God’s promises, place your trust in Him, be patient and wait on the Lord for in His timing, He will do it. GOD IS FAITHFUL to those that love Him, trust Him and obey Him.
Jesus healed the sick out of compassion and to draw all men to Him. It is the same today, Jesus heals today through the power of the Holy Spirit, out of compassion and to draw all men to Him.
Set your mind on praising and worshipping God. Be ready to give God all the praise and worship through His Son, Jesus Christ. Believe in God’s Word, trust in God’s Word and let God’s Word take root in your whole body, soul and spirit.
Again let me say, faith is simply to place your trust in Jesus Christ and His finished work…the resurrection of Jesus Christ is all about a new creation that of Christ in us and regeneration of a new man. Don’t try to make the healing happen, it’s not us that makes it happen. IT IS FAITH IN GOD, yes, the full assurance that GOD WILL. So trust Him with all you body, mind, emotions, thoughts, spirit and soul. In other words ALL THAT IS WITHIN YOU. GIVE HIM YOUR ALL!
True faith is believing and trusting in all that God has promised for those that love Him. So be at rest that God is on the scene! BEGIN TO EXPECT and ANTICIPATE YOUR HEALING!
Satan has NO power over the believer who “ASK” in faith. When you go to God in prayer, you are “asking” in faith, for that what is needed. Always remember, Satan must/will take his hold off of the person whom Jesus is Lord of their lives.
In other words, If you “Ask” God in faith believing, He will meet the need or situation according to His promises and the measure of our faith. Because of Christ in the believer you must also take authority over Satan demanding Satan to get His hands off the situation and yes, Satan must leave and will leave in the Name of Jesus. As a child of God, and a born-again believer, you have the right to speak with the authority in Jesus Name for this authority was given to you as a child of the King.
Do you know whose you are and who you are in Christ?
“Christ in us the hope of glory.”
Let me say this again, Satan has NO power over a believer in Christ who “ASK” the Father, God, in faith. We as a believer must take our right in the Lord to “demand” Satan to leave in Jesus’s name.
Remember, we are never to “command/ or demand” God, we “Ask” God in Faith but we are to “Demand” Satan to leave and believe by faith that God will intervene on our behalf.
Many promises in God’s Word are conditional. In many cases, when the condition is met the promise and the petition asked for is answered. God’s will for our life, will prevail, to the believer who walks in obedience to God’s Word.
- Mark 16:18 “In my Name…they will be able to place their hands on the sick and heal them.”
The believer has the very nature, the life of God, the Spirit of God in him. When conditions of His Word/ the promise is met, the believer will exercise this same power in the Name of Jesus. It is at the moment he prays in the Name of Jesus with faith, that God’s healing power reaches out to that one who is in need.
Faith In His Word, faith is received from His Word as stated in:
- Romans 10:17 (NLT) So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ.
Call for the elders of the church.
- James 5:14 Are any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord.
This scripture above, is for those who must depend on others to pray for them. It is for each believer to know where he or she stands with Christ. Again, let me say, find the promise for your need /situation, petition/ask God with faith through His Word and receive your answer. He will meet your need, it’s a promise!
Here we see in John, that every believer has a right to ask the Father for healing or any other blessing that is needed and if he …Ask – Pray to the Father, God, in the Name of Jesus, as a believer he is guaranteed, that the Father will hear and answer his petition.
- John 16:23 – 24 At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. The truth is, you can go directly to the Father and ask him, and he will grant your request because you use my name. You haven’t done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.
Again, Jesus says to ask. Ask the Father, God, using His Name…
- Matthew 18:18 – 20 I tell you this: Whatever you prohibit on earth is prohibited in heaven, and whatever you allow on earth is allowed in heaven. “I also tell you this: If two of you agree down here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together because they are mine, I am there among them.”
God watches over His Word to make it good. Where two are united, and are asking in Jesus Name (translated- demanding what is yours – not in a selfish/self-centered way but remember, God’s promises are for you, the believer. (Satan cannot/will-not stay around a true believer that takes His right standing and demands Satan to leave) prayer is bound to be answered.
God gave us Jesus, a gift to humanity, to be the redeemer and redeem us from a sinful world. Jesus is our access to God the Father and with that relationship in mind, we can go to God in faith believing.
Search the scriptures, find the promise and allow the promise to be rooted/ birthed in our hearts, it was provided and all is needed is to allow it to take root by faith.
Healing in Redemption…
- Isaiah 53:3 – 5 He was despised and rejected—a man of sorrows, acquainted with bitterest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way when he went by. He was despised, and we did not care. Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God for his own sins! But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed!
Here is the absolute statement of fact – that “by His stripes we are healed”.
What is the need? What is your need? God is waiting for His children to take their authority in Christ, that has been given to them and demand Satan to leave!
- 1 Peter 2:24 He personally carried away our sins in his own body on the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. You have been healed by his wounds!
- Matthew 8:16 – 17 That evening many demon-possessed people were brought to Jesus. All the spirits fled when he commanded them to leave; and he healed all the sick.
This fulfilled the word of the Lord through Isaiah, who said, “He took our sicknesses and removed our diseases.”
Just a thought, Faith and Prayer brings about good spiritual growth. So you might say, reading God’s Word and prayer builds faith and keeps you spiritually alive!
In other words, being spiritually alive will help keep us physically healthy and alive.
Remember this; the afflictions in our bodies were laid upon Jesus. He bore them so we do not need to bare them. All we have to do is to recognize and accept that fact, believe and receive.
Both your spiritual and physical healing, my healing, your loved ones healing, has been all carried out, completed and finished in Christ.
Yes, we as Christians do get sick, but no believer has to live a life with constant, consistent troubles. To the believer, if he would recognize and accept the fact that Jesus bore ALL for him for today and forever and all that is needed for the believer is to believe and receive.
Simply put, the prayer of faith shall heal the sick. If you are in need of something from God, I urge you to get hold of God. Get alone and spend time in speaking to God; open your heart, soul and spirit.
May your will, emotions and mind become the very mind of Christ, for He resides in us as a believer. Go to God in/with confidence that what He has provided in His Word is for you and when you ask Him in prayer be assured He will answer you. Began to give God praise and thanksgiving for what you have asked for. Be patient, began to anticipate and expect your need to be met.
This is a promise given to all believers to believe and receive. If or when you get sick or have a request, when you go to the Father in Heaven (ask) in faith you shall have the answer. As I have previous said in other letters, find the promise and you will find your answer. Pray the promise. Prayer is simply asking in faith, in trust, in believing. Began praising God for His Word which is active and alive to the one who will believe. In Christ we have the perfect Redemption…
Satan is conquered in the believers life as stated in:
- Hebrews 2:14 Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—Jesus also became flesh and blood by being born in human form. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the Devil, who had the power of death.
As born again believers we now have a way to the Father, God, through Jesus Christ and we have a guarantee of eternal life with Him.
Satan was and is stripped of his authority as stated in:
- Revelation 1:18 I am the living one who died. Look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave…
Satan was put to naught – of no avail; and to the believer, Satan’s ability was and is paralyzed.
- Colossians 2:15 In this way, God disarmed the evil rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross of Christ.
Jesus stated in the scriptures that the believer can do the same things Jesus did and greater. Are you beginning to see that Satan has no dominion/rule over the one who would receive their place as a child of God and believe the promises in His Word.
God will meet the needs of His people, just as He has redeemed us from the law of sin as stated in:
- Romans 6:14, Sin is no longer your master, for you are no longer subject to the law, which enslaves you to sin. Instead, you are free by God’s grace.
When sin is removed there is victory in the believers life. Sin has no place in the believer’s life.
When we repent and turn from our sin we will see grace abounding. The believer must recognize that Redemption has delivered him from sin-consciousness and freed him from condemnation. If sin-consciousness rules than acting on the Word is impossible. By Faith in the Word we proclaim that we are Redeemed. and rid of sin-consciousness, condemnation, braking Satan’s dominion, setting us free.
Let’s look at five scriptures in God’s Word that will reinforces our redemption through Jesus Christ:
- Ephesians 1:7 He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!
- 1 Peter 1:4 For God has reserved a priceless inheritance for his children. It is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay.
- Romans 8:1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
- Romans 8:33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? Will God? No! He is the one who has given us right standing with himself.
Every believer has a legal right to stand in the Father’s presence without condemnation and if he does that he will be acting on the Word and then everything that belongs to him in Christ becomes available at once.
Yes, whatever is needed for this life is available to the one who goes to the Father, through Jesus in faith. Be assured that your petition is heard and your answer is on it’s way! Remember to always think of Satan as the eternally defeated one.
Love in Christ Jesus,