As I write this letter my heart is troubled over the spiritual blindness in the world today . I will be spending some length in this letter writing on God’s warfare and how the believer fits in His plan over Satan. Yes, Jesus defeated Satan over death/hell and the grave. It is NOT OUR BATTLE; for Christ has defeated Satan and if Christ is in us He will fight our battle.
It is the responsibility of the believer to put on the (FULL) whole Armor of God as stated in Ephesians 6:11-18. “Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints”.
In this letter let’s look at God’s spiritual warfare and the necessity of putting on the WHOLE Armor of God as His Agent and unlock our spiritual blindness and open the door to freedom in the spirit to live a life set free from Satan deceptive ways.
Don’t get me wrong, Satan will try his best to take down any believer if we allow, but fear not; for if we know whose we are and who we in Christ Jesus, than Satan cannot and will not find anyplace in us. Yes, he will attempt.
“If” Christ is in you, YOUR battle is His and He has already won over death/ hell and the grave. God is a warrior and has a battle plan…a plan through Christ Jesus to keep us free from our own carnal desires and worldly ways for eternity. The very key is staying in Christ. How do we stay in Christ? We are to “put on the WHOLE Armor of God”.
We cannot lose when the Godhead is in us…the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit…daily prayer that of (communication) with our Father (God) and daily Bible reading, will keep our mind, thoughts and spirit in tune with and in Godly ways; keeping our life focused on spiritual things and less apt to wonder into the carnal or worldly affairs of life.
Always remember this; God has the final say in our physical and spiritual being; for the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth. Keeping our mind, thoughts and heart on what is holy and pure, will lead us in keeping our actions pure and our hearts holy. Godly ways will follow those whose mind, thoughts and heart is in Christ.
Exodus 15:3 The LORD is a warrior; yes, the LORD is his name!
God will teach us how to war. Are you willing to become a warrior in His army? Again read the scriptures above and apply the (FULL) whole Armor of God as stated in Ephesians 6. The Lord will teach us how to war against the devil if we are willing to learn. The devil has declared war on us as believers and it is time we learn how to fight. This is a battle that must first be won in the Spirit through prayer and through Spiritual warfare.
As His “agent” God has given us His authority, to use mighty weapons against Satan. We will discuss these mighty weapons we use against Satan further in this letter.
Let me began by stating, we all know as believers in Christ, that in Christ we are over-comers. Yes, the battle is not ours but Christs’. With Christ and the Holy Spirit indwelling in us as our counselor, we are winners in this so called battle against Satan. This is what faith is all about. When we stay in Christ and have put on the FULL Armor of God, and have done all we can do, we are to STAND. Satan will not and cannot have his way with us, for He will not find anything in us or anyplace in us.
Yes, when our vessel; our mind, thoughts, spirit and heart is full of pure and holy motives and attitudes; than even our ways will be directed by God. It is our responsibility to stand strong after we have put on the WHOLE (full) Armor of God.
The very key to standing strong in the faith is putting on the (full/whole) armor of God. Could it be we do not put on the “full” armor of God. In Ephesians earlier we read put on the “full armor” not “part armor”. Without the “full armor” put on, we opened up areas in our being (mind, thoughts and heart) where Satan finds a place to meddle. There is to be no place for Satan.
This battle with Satan is won in the spirit. Do you know who you are and whose you are? When Christ is in you and you are in Christ, Satan will find no place in you; just as Satan could find no place in Jesus.
Believe me, Satan will try all kinds of ways to take you down and out; but be assured he cannot and will not as long as Christ is in us, WE STAY IN CHRIST and our ways please God. We all will go through tests, trials and trouble but I have good news; Christ overcame Satan with the Word of God, and so are we to use the Word of God as a weapon of spiritual warfare.
Always be alert and ready, stay strong in the Word, obey and apply the Word in and with much prayer and never give place for Satan to take up residence in your mind, heart, spirit or soul.
With God, Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit in us, we are victorious. There will be times of absolute trusting by faith in God and His Word and allow the Holy Spirit to fight the battle. After putting on the WHOLE Armor of God we are to STAND. The battle is the Lord’s and He will fight YOUR BATTLE when Satan comes at you.
We in ourselves cannot and will not be able to fight the battle. There will be the time or times when we will have to stand firm in our faith, stand strong in the Lord and speak the very Word of God. Stay obedient to the working of Christ in you and the guidance and leading of the Holy Spirit. Staying away from all forms of ungodliness and evil will save you much hardship.
If true Spiritual warfare is to be accomplished, the “old man” you might say the “carnal man” must stay under your feet. In other words, dying out to the “carnal man”, fleshly desires of the self life. The “new man”, Christ in us must be revealed and this only can be done by walking in Christ. Remember, the Holy Spirit in the believer will lead, guide us into all truth. To walk in Christ is simply, to follow, to obey, to apply the very truth of God’s Word in our daily life as the Holy Spirit directs.
We must stay dependent on Christ and His finished work. He is working in us to present us to be the “bride of Christ” to the Heavenly Father, God, when He (Christ) returns. There is to be no compromise, our minds, thoughts and heart must be determined to follow Godly ways and He will direct our path. The new creature in Christ must rise above all unrighteousness and we must allow the very righteousness of Christ to be our priority. When God sees that we mean business, than the battle will begin, to set people free. Yes, Satan will flee!
Satan tried to reason with Jesus by saying “save thyself and come down from the cross”. Just as Jesus was tempted, you can be assured, Satan will do everything possible to prevent you from going to Christ in full dedication/ consecration for the death of your carnal/fleshly self-life.
This will require real determination to resist the temptations of Satan to compromise your consecration/dedication to Christ and give in to Satan’s deceptive ways. Total commitment to God and His Word must be our daily lifestyle. The Word of God when spoken in faith and knowing the truth will always win over Satan’s deceiving ways. Nothing less than a life of ever-increasing participation in Christ’s death, that of dying out of the carnal, selfish and fleshly desires.
Always be aware that an unguarded moment, when yielded to, will cause you to be tempted and fall in Satan’s trap. Guard your mind and thoughts for there lies the doorway to your heart and your very soul.
Living in Christ is a powerful weapon against Satan. How many times have we yielded to temptation, and taken things in our own hands, follow our own judgment, fell into self-pity, allow our attitudes to get the best of us, self-justification, resentment, and other forms of self-defense, and suffer defeat until we give it all up and finally agree to go back to Christ as our only hope.
Yes, the only place where Satan cannot touch us is when we stay in Christ, all of self, yielded/ surrendered to God and have put on the WHOLE Armor of God. For every victory is won in and through Christ Jesus. The part of us, the natural and carnal man that has not been crucified has been allowed to be controlled by reasoning and temptation of Satan. This is the only place where Satan can overcome and destroy us.
The secret of victory is that ALL of our-self must die out to Christ. Paul sums it up in:
- Galatians 5:24-25, Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature [the life of nature and self] to his cross and crucified them there. If we are living now by the Holy Spirit, let us follow the Holy Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.
- Jesus Himself showed us the way… Matthew 16:24 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me”.
- Our carnal, natural man, fleshly desires will always try to rise up but we must not allow any room for ungodly ways, thoughts, attitudes or wrong motives.
- As stated above in Galatians, they must “stayed nailed to the cross”. In other words, they must never be allowed in our thoughts, mind or heart for this is what is meant to “make no room for the devil”.
- Yes, we must put off the old and put on the new. Be determined to live for what is right and turn from that which is wrong.
Maybe you realize today that you have opened a doorway for Satan to come in. There is good news, you can go back to Christ by confessing and repenting of the sin to God and receive restitution; forgiveness of sin. Be determined to turn and never return to the sin which held you in bondage. “When you are set free you are free indeed”.
Are you willing to humble yourself, acknowledge your weakness, mistake, or sin, and accept full blame for it yourself? If others are involved, request forgiveness and make restitution if needed.
Victory is ahead for those willing to go back and die out to the thing that caused you to leave Christ for you will find yourself in victory again.
What is Spiritual Warfare? Spiritual warfare is using the weapons of God against Satan. First and utmost is putting on the WHOLE (full) Armor of God.
- 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 “We use God’s mighty weapons, not mere worldly weapons, to knock down the Devil’s strongholds. With these weapons we break down every proud argument that keeps people from knowing God. With these weapons we conquer their rebellious ideas, and we teach them to obey Christ”.
God has given every believer an access to weapons that will “knock down” (or pull-down) strongholds that Satan has set up. Yes, we as God’s warriors can defeat every hindrance that Satan has set up and see God’s divine plan for mankind unfold but we must first be given the knowledge and than apply this knowledge that God has given. This is why it is important to ask, seek and knock. Talk to God and ask for wisdom and understanding of His Word.
In today’s world, rockets, missiles and warheads are the mightiest weapons to be used against the enemy. God has made known and given access to every believer who would apply this knowledge, great and mighty weapon’s that can be used against Satan. In Spiritual Warfare the weapons used are:
- Prayer, praying in the spirit
- These weapons alone can do nothing without being loaded with ammunition.
The power in rockets or missiles is in the warheads. Warheads are the explosive power that causes the destruction. In itself these warheads must have a way to be propelled.
When using these weapons we must apply Gods mighty warheads; the Word of God, the Name of Jesus, and the Blood of Jesus. Satan’s strongholds and schemes will be destroyed when using or applying what is written in His Word.
Let’s examine these 3 mightiest warheads in Spiritual Warfare.
1. Let’s look at the first mighty warhead. The Word of God (the Bible).
David speaks of the Power of the Word of God.
- Psalm 107:20 He spoke, and they were healed—snatched from the door of death.
The Word is Creative.
- Ezekiel 12:25 For I am the LORD! What I threaten always happens. There will be no more delays, you rebels of Israel! I will fulfill my threat of destruction in your own lifetime, says the Sovereign LORD.”
- Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will remain forever.
- Proverbs 4:21 Don’t lose sight of my words. Let them penetrate deep within your heart.
- Luke 1:37 For nothing is impossible with God.”
This warhead (The Word) is powerful and must be part of ones daily intake and is part of the Armor of God to put on.
- Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.
Faith is what moves the mountains in our lives and faith is built upon the Word of God. The Word must be rooted in you for faith to grow!
Romans 10:17 Yet faith comes from listening (obeying, applying) to this message of good news—the Good News about Christ.
Always give attention to God’s Word for it brings healing. Proverbs 4:20 “Pay attention, my child, to I say. Listen carefully. Don’t lose sight of my words. Let them penetrate deep within your heart, for they bring life and radiant health to anyone who discovers their meaning”.
Just as medicine takes time to work so does God’s Word. People must be patient with the Word of God, for the Word must be acted upon and must be obeyed.
2. The Name of Jesus is another warhead in Spiritual Warfare that must be applied. ASK THE FATHER in the name of Jesus. As a Spirit filled believer we are an “agent” of God and we use the Name of Jesus as His “agent” and in His Name we take authority over the very power and works of Satan.
How exciting to know that as a Spirit filled believer we are God’s “special agent” in the working of His Kingdom.
- John 14:13 You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father.
- John 16:23-24 At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. The truth is, you can go directly to the Father and ask him, and he will grant your request because you use my name. You haven’t done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.
- Philippians 2:9-12 Because of this, God raised him up to the heights of heaven and gave him a name that is above every other name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Dearest friends, you were always so careful to follow my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away you must be even more careful to put into action God’s saving work in your lives, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.
He has given us authority to use His name, you might say, as a “special agent” to combat Satan and WIN every time!
3. Applying the Blood of Jesus is the third mighty warhead to be used in the battle against Satan.
Yes, the blood from Jesus Christ bought our healing, both spiritual and physical. We must be sure to align up our spiritual life and so often our physical healing falls in line. But just as we must have faith for our salvation we must also have faith for our physical healing.
As we pray, ask and seek God for who He is. We can be assured that He will answer our request when prayed according to His will, His Word. Again, part of the Whole Armor of God is being in Christ (our salvation) and our continual prayer life.
- 1 Peter 2:24 He personally carried away our sins in his own body on the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. You have been healed by his wounds!
- Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed!
Realizing principles of healing in Spiritual warfare:
- Christ died for our sickness and our sins. Healing is in the atonement. Jesus continues His healing ministry through His body (the church – the righteous – the believers) in the earth.
- The Holy Spirit is with you. Romans 8:26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don’t even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.
Christianity is called a profession or confession; one of the same. Those that call themselves Christians has a profession, Christianity, and a confession, as a Christian which is to proclaim the mighty power of Jesus Christ, to the rest of the world.
- Hebrews 3:1-7 (KJV) Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house. For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. Wherefore as the Holy Ghost saith, Today if ye will hear his voice.
Yes…break free from the stronghold of Satan and live a life of LIBERTY…a life of FREEDOM!
- Isaiah 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
- the battle is the LORDS…
- the battle is already WON…
- the Victory is OURS if we would use HIS mighty weapons.
Put on the full (WHOLE) Armor of God. Obey the Word, apply the Word, apply the blood of Jesus and as His agent we are to use the Name of Jesus.
It’s worth the fight, “the good fight of faith”, faith in Christ Jesus.
As always, Love in Christ Jesus,