May this letter bring understanding to the meaning of spiritual freedom. Let’s begin by this one statement; Spiritual blindness causes one to be bound, not set free.
Spiritual blindness is caused by not “casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ”.
Just as an added note, the word “thought” and the word “mind” in the Bible are consider as the same word meaning…our best defense for our mind is the very thing that will bring offense “the sword of the Spirit, the word of God ” Eph. 6:17. The word of God is truly a spiritual weapon with results, that of the opening of blinded “minds” of those who have rejected God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is the very miracle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ; opening the “blinded minds”.
When God’s word is preached, spoken and shared in and with the power of the Holy Spirit, even the most devilish mind will bend and bow to the Almighty Word of God.
- Spiritual blindness is living a life of unrighteousness.
- Spiritual blindness is a condition of an individual who cannot see or understand the message of the Gospel.
- We can sum spiritual blindness up as those who reject Christ and the Gospel of the Kingdom for they are spiritually blind and lost. They are the ones who refuse to choose the teachings of Christ and His authority in their lives. The spiritual blind are those who do not accept the things of the Spirit of God for they are folly to them and he is not able to understand because they are spiritually discerned. We begin to discern the things of the Spirit when we accept Jesus as our Redeemer by faith and allow Him to be the Savior and Lord of our life.
As stated in 2 Corinthians 4:4,”The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, whom is the image of God”.
Those that are spiritually blinded will all have a chance to accept or deny Jesus as Savior and Lord of their life. It will take those that are believers who are willing to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit to those that are lost and spiritually blinded. The Holy Spirit will draw all me unto Christ and the lost will choose whom they will serve; the god of this world or the God of the universe.
Yes, God is calling every “Christian” to demonstrate “His righteousness”. In other words, living a life of right living for all to see. As a believer, the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth and give us the desire to live right and be a witness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost and spiritually blinded of this world.
When one becomes a Christian, He is to demonstrate a life of purity and holiness. Yes, demonstrate “His righteousness” and become a “light”, being set free from all the corruption of the world. Obedience will follow the believer!
This is to be a covenant made between God and His people.
- Isaiah 42:6 “I, the LORD, have called you to demonstrate my righteousness. I will guard and support you, for I have given you to my people as the personal confirmation of my covenant with them. And you will be a light to guide all nations to me.
- Isaiah 42:7 You will open the eyes of the blind and free the captives from prison. You will release those who sit in dark dungeons.
Because of the New Covenant through the blood of Jesus, Christ has paid the price for “spiritual blindness”. Follow His ways and begin to SEE your life of freedom!
- Isaiah 44:22 I have swept away your sins like the morning mists. I have scattered your offenses like the clouds. Oh, return to me, for I have paid the price to set you free.”
Do you want to be set free? (Ask, seek and you will find…be “set free”)
Today is the day and now is the time to be set free!
- Isaiah 48:20 Yet even now, be free from your captivity! Leave Babylon and the Babylonians, singing as you go! Shout to the ends of the earth that the LORD has redeemed his servants, the people of Israel.
- Isaiah 55:1-7 “Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink—even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk—it’s all free! Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen, and I will tell you where to get food that is good for the soul! “Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, for the life of your soul is at stake. I am ready to make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the mercies and unfailing love that I promised to David. He displayed my power by being my witness and a leader among the nations.
Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now, while he is near. Let the people turn from their wicked deeds. Let them banish from their minds the very thought of doing wrong! Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. When we repent He is faithful to forgive.
- The sign of a spirit filled person: telling others about Christ, ”demonstrating “His righteousness” .
Acts 1:8 But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power and will tell people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Faith is the key to being “set free” and is a free gift to all who will receive. Yes, as stated below in Romans 4:21, about Abraham. “He was absolutely convinced that God was able to do anything he promised.”
Are you convinced that EVERY promise is yours! Believe God and receive!
- Romans 4:16-22 So that’s why faith is the key! God’s promise is given to us as a free gift. And we are certain to receive it, whether or not we follow Jewish customs, if we have faith like Abraham’s. For Abraham is the father of all who believe… When God promised Abraham that he would become the father of many nations, Abraham believed him…And Abraham’s faith did not weaken, even though he knew that he was too old to be a father at the age of one hundred and that Sarah, his wife, had never been able to have children. Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was absolutely convinced that God was able to do anything he promised. And because of Abraham’s faith, God declared him to be righteous. Now this wonderful truth—that God declared him to be righteous—wasn’t just for Abraham’s benefit. It was for us, too, assuring us that God will also declare us to be righteous if we believe in God, who brought Jesus our Lord back from the dead. He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised from the dead to make us right with God.
When we die out of our worldly, carnal desires, we are “set free” from the power of sin! These desires are described by the Bible as being human in origin, not from God, and demonstrated in human lusts. The three listed are are lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and pride (1 John 2:15-16). Carnal desires are described as earthly and worldly and are opposed to the righteousness of God.
Many people put their trust in “religion”, in which it can never save or change a person. Carnality becomes all about yourself, what you want, what you can have and who and what you have become in yourself; in other words allowing the cares of life and pride of accomplishment to elevate you as the ultimate authority, a prideful person. A prideful person is the opposite of a humble person. Christ is to be all in all.
The cares of life, things of this life and the accomplishments in this life comes from God and we must always give HIM praise and glory. To God be the glory! Not in our-self but in Him!
Romans 6:7 -14 For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin. And since we died with Christ, we know we will also share his new life. We are sure of this because Christ rose from the dead, and he will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him. He died once to defeat sin, and now he lives for the glory of God. So you should consider yourselves dead to sin and able to live for the glory of God through Christ Jesus. Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to its lustful desires. Do not let any part of your body become a tool of wickedness, to be used for sinning. Instead, give yourselves completely to God since you have been given new life. And use your whole body as a tool to do what is right for the glory of God. Sin is no longer your master, for you are no longer subject to the law, which enslaves you to sin. Instead, you are free by God’s grace.
Now is the time to be set free, from the power of sin and under the control or a slave of Satan. Today, become a slave of Christ, by walking in the freedom that God created us for.
1 Corinthians 7:21-23 Are you a slave? Don’t let that worry you—but if you get a chance to be free, take it. And remember, if you were a slave when the Lord called you, the Lord has now set you free from the awful power of sin. And if you were free when the Lord called you, you are now a slave of Christ. God purchased you at a high price. Don’t be enslaved by the world.
Another important note; All mankind will be either a slave to sin or a slave to righteousness. In other words; a life unto right living, “Christlike” or worldliness – (lacking in spiritual living).
We are to and can live a life of freedom in Christ, which begins with the born-again experience.
In other words, receiving Christ Jesus in your heart, begins the process of sanctification of your mind and heart, by the Holy Spirit and leading you into all truth, giving you a desire to follow His ways NOT the worldly ways. Let’s stay free by staying in Christ, for the law of the love of Christ will keep you free as stated in these scriptures. God’s Word always leads us into the very truth of freedom in Christ.
- Galatians 5:1 So Christ has really set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.
- James 1:25 But if you keep looking steadily into God’s perfect law—the law that sets you free—and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.
- James 2:12 So whenever you speak, or whatever you do, remember that you will be judged by the law of love, the law that set you free.
Keeping free, will also take spending time; meditating in and on the scriptures, listening for/to God’s voice and obeying, applying (doing) what He tells you, immediately.
- Ephesians 5:17 Don’t act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do.
- Hebrews 9:15 That is why he is the one who mediates the new covenant between God and people, so that all who are invited can receive the eternal inheritance God has promised them. For Christ died to set them free from the penalty of the sins they had committed under that first covenant.
Obedience is the key to being set free. Being set free means joy, peace, blessings and favor!
- Deuteronomy 28:1-7 “If you fully obey the LORD your God by keeping all the commands I am giving you today, the LORD your God will exalt you above all the nations of the world. You will experience all these blessings if you obey the LORD your God: You will be blessed in your towns and in the country. You will be blessed with many children and productive fields. You will be blessed with fertile herds and flocks. You will be blessed with baskets overflowing with fruit, and with kneading bowls filled with bread. You will be blessed wherever you go, both in coming and in going “ The LORD will conquer your enemies when they attack you. They will attack you from one direction, but they will scatter from you in seven!
Deuteronomy 28:8-14 “The LORD will bless everything you do and will fill your storehouses with grain… “If you obey the commands of the LORD your God and walk in his ways, the LORD will establish you as his holy people as he solemnly promised to do. Then all the nations of the world will see that you are a people claimed by the LORD, and they will stand in awe of you. “The LORD will give you an abundance of good things in the land he swore to give your ancestors—many children, numerous livestock, and abundant crops. The LORD will send rain at the proper time from his rich treasury in the heavens to bless all the work you do. You will lend to many nations, but you will never need to borrow from them. If you listen to these commands of the LORD your God and carefully obey them, the LORD will make you the head and not the tail, and you will always have the upper hand. You must not turn away from any of the commands I am giving you today to follow after other gods and worship them.
If you find yourself following and desiring/doing worldly things you have NOT been set free. Repent and turn back to God. Be determined to “stay free”. God will do His part which is sanctification, cleansing us, but we must do our part which is consecration, that of turning and staying away that which is not Godly. As the scriptures states:
- John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will indeed be free.
Are you following worldly ways or Godly ways ?
Have you been set free from the sin of this world?
Steps to being, set free.
1st step is to be determined to make Jesus your Lord and Savior.
2nd step is to ask, seek and knock – the door will open.
3rd step is to daily renew your mind. Meditate on His word and keep your thoughts on Godly things…
4th step is to obey God. In ALL that you do, align our life (way of living) on Godly ways that of purity, holiness – ONLY do the things that please God and you will be called a friend of God – blessings and favor are (waiting) for those that obey the Master for this is true freedom.
- Titus 2:14 He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing what is right.
Being SET FREE = TOTALLY committed to doing what is right! Read Galatians chapter 5, more on Christian freedom.
As Always, Love in Christ Jesus,