Last night and this morning as the sun rises my thoughts are on what I believe should be the most important topic on the minds of the church and that is for all to be in right standing with God their Father.
Right standing with God can only come though the saving knowledge of Christ in us.
Gleneva and I have enjoyed spending time camping and relaxing with my brother Peter and her sister Cathy. Yesterday brought up a few questions to ponder.
Is God happy with you?
Are you happy with God?
Where does our happiness come from?
How do we receive true happiness or you might ask where can I find true peace and rest?
The world today, yes, people today looks for happiness in so many different places and in the possessions they own but God shows us where true happines comes from.
I know I have been writing alot on Salvation but this has been on my heart and of great importance. Jesus gave His life for you and for me, so we could be made right with our Creator, God.
Again lets look into several scriptures in regards to our Salvation. If the world could only see their future they would not reject Christ and the Salvation He has provided for them today and for their eternity. There is such joy and freedom when we accept Christ as our Lord and Savior.
In this letter we will see God’s plan for Salvation for all mankind, for the body, soul and spirit. Therein lies truth, happiness and contentment. There is total freedom in Christ over the principalities of this world!
Satan brings false hope to those who continue in his ways. The end results is destruction and unhappiness but God has provided a way for a new life, genuine happiness and peace of mind.
Yes, Satan is defeated in the life of one who asks, repents, believes and confesses Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior! Man was set free from the bondage of sin when Jesus became our substitute for sin on the cross. His shed blood washes away our sin and His resurrection gives us eternal life and by His stripes we are healed.
Yes, we are made His righteousness, when we believe and receive His gift of grace, that of salvation by faith in His Son, Jesus and His Redemption plan for our life. When you receive Jesus into your heart you will be set free from the bondage and grip/ hold of Satan in you thoughts, mind and spirit.
- John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will indeed be free.
Here Jesus is speaking of the spirit of man being set free. Man is delivered spiritually from the hand of the enemy; delivered physically from disease and hunger and want; and mentally from being ruled by the senses and brings his spirit, that has been a slave through all the ages, to dominate his thinking and his physical actions.
1 Corinthians 15:3-4 I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me-that Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, as the Scriptures said.
Isaiah 53:4-6 Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows (Greek-Yet it was our sicknesses he carried; it was our diseases) that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God for his own sins! But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed! All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the guilt and sins of us all.
Jesus became sin for all mankind so we could have a relationship with our Heavenly Father, today and eternity.
Romans 3:21 But now God has shown us a different way of being right in his sight-not by obeying the law but by the way promised in the Scriptures long ago.
Romans 4:25 He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised from the dead to make us right with God.
Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.
In Christ we have our Redemption from Satan’s dominion. It is an eternal Redemption. It is operative NOW. We have the remission of our trespasses. The word, “forgiveness,” is not properly translated. It comes from the Greek word “aphesis.” It should always be translated “remission.”
Remission means…to wipe out everything we have done up to the time we come to Christ. No matter how much Satan has wrapped us in his snares, the minute we are Born Again we stand before God New Creations without the smell of our past life upon our spirits.
The instant we are born again, we become the Righteousness of God in Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
Satan’s dominion over us is broken. Instead of being slaves of the Adversary, Satan; you might say, we become masters of the Adversary…instead of circumstances lording it over us, we become the masters of circumstances.
- Philippians 4:11 (NASB) Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.
Yes…the object of Christ’s finished work was that He might make it possible for natural man to become a New Creation and become the righteousness of God in Christ.
Righteousness means; the ability to stand in God’s presence as though sin had never been. Yes, standing there without any sense of inferiority or condemnation. This is NOW, not after death. God desires to have a relationship with His creation, today.
Righteousness is the key when we allow the work of Christ to be applied in our thoughts, mind, heart, spirit and soul. Christ must have full reign in our total body.
This was the problem…Man must be given righteousness.
- God must be righteous in His dealings with man. His transgression must not be overlooked, and the penalty must be paid.
- God must act towards Satan on grounds of absolute justice. God must redeem man from his authority on legal grounds.
- He must not only be just to man and to Satan, but His actions must also be according to His own righteousness. Righteousness is the very foundation of His throne.
Jesus made alive in the spirit.
- Colossians 2:15 In this way, God disarmed the evil rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross of Christ.
Jesus had been made sin.
- 1 Peter 3:18 Christ also suffered when he died for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners that he might bring us safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit.
Jesus was justified in the spirit.
- 1 Timothy 3:16 Without question, this is the great mystery of our faith: Christ appeared in the flesh and was shown to be righteous by the Spirit. He was seen by angels and was announced to the nations. He was believed on in the world and was taken up into heaven.
- Revelation 1:18 I am the living one who died. Look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave. This could only come after He had conquered the adversary and taken the keys of death and of Hell-of Hades-from the enemy.
- Hebrews 9:24-26 For Christ has entered into heaven itself to appear now before God as our Advocate. He did not go into the earthly place of worship, for that was merely a copy of the real Temple in heaven. Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, like the earthly high priest who enters the Most Holy Place year after year to offer the blood of an animal. If that had been necessary, he would have had to die again and again, ever since the world began. But no! He came once for all time, at the end of the age, to remove the power of sin forever by his sacrificial death for us.
- Hebrews 10:12 But our High Priest offered himself to God as one sacrifice for sins, good for all time. Then he sat down at the place of highest honor at God’s right hand.
- Ephesians 2:6 states the very key to our legal rights to heavenly places . (NASB) “and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.”
That is our legal standing with God, TODAY…for this is the foundation of our legal rights. The Holy Spirit…through the Word can make our present rights in Redemption a reality.
The days of weakness and failure are ended for the man…who knows the Word and dares to act upon it! JESUS became the ultimate sacrifice for our sins…for you and me!
God is happy with those whom obey Him. When we believe and follow His plan for our life, His plan of Salvation; we will become the righteousness of Christ. Being in right standing with God will both please God and bring happiness to your mind, spirit and soul.
When we have made Christ our Lord and Savior we can rest assurred of eternity with Him and will have a peace that surpasses our own understanding.
As always, Love in Christ Jesus,