Well, this morning is starting out to be much better…no rain…and sunshine but cold, cold and much cold. Here at the campgrounds, 35° and the high 55° at the cover bridge festival, A bit colder than I would like for this time of the year but the sun (Son) is shining.
Enough rambling, now on to this mornings thought (letter). What is the meaning to be “in Christ”?
Yesterday, my thought was on “NOT being of the world”. We as believers are NOT of the world because we are born of God “in Christ Jesus”.
Let me be quite direct, you will know one that is “in Christ” when He confesses Jesus and His direction in life has changed toward Jesus and following Godly ways.
I’m not referring to the confession of sin to God which is also a must for the believer but I am referring to the ones personal confession – that Jesus is the Son of God and Jesus is his Savior and his Lord. When Christ is in you and you are in Christ you will become as ONE. God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and you, working together in perfect unity, as ONE, in Christ.
Yes, God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit will become active and alive in the life of the believer. A change will occur and the world will notice the change. Your family, your associates and your friends will see a change in the one who is “in Christ”.
As a born-again believer, life is never the same again. You will become a new creation in Christ Jesus. Old things are past away all things have become new…a new beginning, a new life in Christ Jesus.
To truly be “IN CHRIST” one will have to be willing to lose their own life in this world and accept Jesus Christ as their new way of living.
Striving to gain position, fame, pride of life, wealth and possessions cannot be in the life of a believer. This cannot be your priority. This does not mean you will not have wealth or possessions in this life, it only means your main desire will not be that of wealth, fame or possessions.
When Jesus becomes your Lord and Savior, there will be a change that must take place and it will become very noticeable to those around you. The desires that you once had for worldly things will be gone and a fresh life will began. Going after worldly desires and the things of this world will fade and a desire of the things of the Kingdom of God will begin to become of most importance in ones life.
You might say, you are God’s possession. Yes, you are His creative workmanship. A vessel of perfection in the making for His use.
As the Bible states in these scriptures:
Matthew 16:25 (NIV) For whoever wants to save their life (soul) will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.
- Matthew 10:39 (GNT) Those who try to gain their own life will lose it; but those who lose their life for my sake will gain it.
- Matthew 16:25 (GNT) For if you want to save your own life, you will lose it; but if you lose your life for my sake, you will find it.
- Mark 8:35 (GNT) For if you want to save your own life, you will lose it; but if you lose your life for me and for the gospel, you will save it.
- Luke 9:24 (GNT) For if you want to save your own life, you will lose it, but if you lose your life for my sake, you will save it.
- John 12:25 (GNT) Those who love their own life will lose it; those who hate their own life in this world will keep it for life eternal.
Yes, Eternal life with God is something we will be looking forward to and strive for until His return or until we leave this earth through death.
Eternal life comes through a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. This will only come from a personal relationship with Jesus. Accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior only happens by asking Jesus into your heart and from a repentant heart. This will require making Jesus the Lordship of your life.
You will have a testimony of change and become a witness to the power of His saving grace. As believers we are sealed with the promise of the Holy Spirit. He becomes our teacher, guide, comforter and friend; leading us into all truth. We are guaranteed Eternal life as long as we continue to follow Christ and God’s plan of salvation for us.
To be IN HIM one must first confess the sin in his life…
- 1 John 1:7 But if we are living in the light of God’s presence, just as Christ is, then we have fellowship with each other, the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from every sin.
- John 1:9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong.
In the last part of today’s letter we will take a look at the positive part of confession of our faith:
- Romans 10:9-10 For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.
- Proverbs 6:2 if you have trapped yourself by your agreement and are caught by what you said— Our words or what we say are confessions and these words will rule us.
- Jesus said this in Mark 11:23 I assure you that you can say to this mountain, ‘May God lift you up and throw you into the sea,’ and your command will be obeyed. All that’s required is that you really believe and do not doubt in your heart.
Our words are either negative words or positive words. Part of the New Age teachings has much to do with this very thought. Let me explain.
Jesus spoke positive words which created life in all situations for the positive. In life there is the good and the bad, just as there is the negative and the positive. To a believer, Jesus is considered our prime example…as the saying “to be like Jesus”. Because of sin there is bad and the bad brings about the negative. Jesus was all about bringing about good and bringing forth the positive.
Speaking the truth about something negative is not always bad. for instance, to say I am sick to someone when I am truly sick is simply telling the truth, positive about the situation. But to say I am not sick when I am positively sick would be telling a lie, or a negative statement. Do you see where I am going with this.
Today in the Word of Faith Movement you are taught not to speak negative in regards to sickness, financial affairs and other situations pertaining to life. Let me be frank with how I stand here…When you call something that is NOT the fact (or untruthful) it is a lie.
Jesus never went around speaking untruth to bring about the truth. He always spoke the truth…which brought about the positive in the lives around Him. With that said if you are sick and feel the need to share this to family or friends, in a positive way, than the proper way to state this would be; “ I am sick but God’s Word says, “by His stripes I am healed” and I believe God’s Word to be active and true… because of what Jesus did on the cross He has provided a way for my healing and by His stripes I receive my healing!
Stand by faith in what you believe according to His Word and see the manifestation of the healing power of Jesus Christ. As the Word of God states, “the truth will set you free”. JESUS IS “the way, the truth and the life.” DO YOU BELIEVE!
Being IN HIM or In Christ is ALL that is needed for this life…this means holding fast our confessions…the confession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ – the confession of faith in our Heavenly Father – the confession of faith in the Word of God.
Hebrews 4:14 That is why we have a great High Priest who has gone to heaven, Jesus the Son of God. Let us cling to him and never stop trusting him.
It’s time we as Christians dare to believe the Bible the very Word of God…become strong in the faith, daring to believe what the Bible says we have…search the Bible the Word of God and find the promises that will build your faith to where you can believe by faith what the Word of God says we can have. That is the God kind of faith…positive confession IN HIM.
God has given the Church (the body) power and authority over (Satan) the principalities of this world. We must take our place and rise up against every work of the devil. This will take standing for the truth and believing the very Word of God as though your life depended on it; for in those situations where it looks impossible in the human way, it will never be impossible in the Biblical way.
If we could only REMEMBER, Our ways are never God’s way, in other words, if it is God’s way it will not be our way. You can be sure God’s way is the only way! As an added note; those who is in Christ will know God’s way.
Always seek God for His way! As stated in:
- Matthew 16:18-19 …upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it. And I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you lock on earth will be locked in heaven, and whatever you open on earth will be opened in heaven.”
If one is truly IN HIM he will tell of the good things the Lord is doing in his life. IN HIM means a testimony at all times.
Faith is built upon testimonies or confessions of the righteous. Faith truly is love…love comes from the heart, the spirit of one’s being.
Faith will let you know who you are in Christ. As you begin to apply (believe) the Word the Word will get to know you. This is the confession that we must hold fast to. Christ is coming back very soon for His church…a people that are looking, expecting His return.
- 1 John 3:1-2 See how very much our heavenly Father loves us, for he allows us to be called his children, and we really are! But the people who belong to this world don’t know God, so they don’t understand that we are his children. Yes, dear friends, we are already God’s children, and we can’t even imagine what we will be like when Christ returns. But we do know that when he comes we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is.
- Romans 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children (sons) of God.Romans 8:16-17 For his Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts and tells us that we are God’s children. And since we are his children, we will share his treasures—for everything God gives to his Son, Christ, is ours, too. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.
Do you know what God’s Word says about you? Find out what the Word says about you and believe that Word as it becomes manifested as a positive confession.
Throughout the New Testament especially in the Epistles, you will find the expressions such as:
- “in Christ”
- “in Him”
- “in Whom”
- “through whom” and others that tell you who you are as sons (children) of God.
The (Bible) the very words that was spoken in the Word are the words that we need to meditate on, and believe as positive truth and see it become a reality manifested in our life. Positive results will begin to be manifested in our life when we begin to believe/ confess: IN HIM – “IN CHRIST”.
- “This is who I am” …IN CHRIST
- “This is what I am” …IN CHRIST
- “This is what I have” …IN CHRIST
God has made the way for all to obtain eternal life. That way was made by the way of the cross over 2000 years ago. As stated in:
- Hebrews 9:12 Once for all time he took blood into that Most Holy Place, but not the blood of goats and calves. He took his own blood, and with it he secured our salvation forever.
Do you know you are made righteous through the confession of your faith as stated earlier in Romans 10:9-10. It is always through believing in your heart and confessing it with your mouth that it becomes real to you…for this is true faith, the faith that becomes reality. Truly what is in your heart will come out of your mouth.
Here are four steps to bringing the spiritual realm into the physical realm, where we live in the flesh. As you look into scriptures remember to:
- Study the Word, finding those scriptures pertaining to your situation.
- Write the scriptures down.
- Meditate on them, believe the Word as truth and give praise in your prayer.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to birth the answer in you.
Being born-again, accepting Jesus Christ as the Lordship of your life is the first step in unveiling the provisions of God. Accepting and believing the promises from His Word in your life for today will bring about a positive change in all you do.
Let’s agree together, NOW, Let’s pray…I make this confession:
According to Romans 10:9 and 10 –
- I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is the Son of God;
- I believe Jesus was raised from the dead for my justification.
- I confess Him as my Lord and Savior. Jesus is my Lord. From this day forth He is dominating my life. He is guiding and leading me.
- According to Acts 17:28 For in him I live and move and exist. As one of your own poets says, ‘We are his offspring.’ IN HIM, in Christ we have the very power to see the manifestations of God become reality; the life, the strength for the impossible
- As stated in John 15:5a, “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches…But if you stay joined to me and my words remain in you, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted!
- I confess that I am living in Christ and that Christ is living in me.
- Today, I practice the Word by allowing it to have free will over and in my life…teaching me…governing me…dominating me.
- I let the message of the Word take the place in my life in and over everything I do. AMEN
Below are Scriptures that brings forth the realities of Christ (IN HIM):
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!
- Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
- Romans 8:1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
- 1 Corinthians 1:30 God alone made it possible for you to be in Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Christ to be wisdom itself. He is the one who made us acceptable to God. He made us pure and holy, and he gave himself to purchase our freedom.
- Romans 5:17 The sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over us, but all who receive God’s wonderful, gracious gift of righteousness will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.
- Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the one who rules in the kingdom of darkness, and he has brought us into the Kingdom of his dear Son.
- Colossians 1:14 God has purchased our freedom with his blood and has forgiven all our sins.
- Ephesians 1:7 He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven.
- Ephesians 1:3 How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to Christ.
Do you believe these scriptures? Jesus has already made provisions for everything you need, He has blessed you with it…it is yours. In God’s mind, every spiritual blessing has been provide…let’s begin believing HIS WORD…the very provisions that He has provided for us will become reality as we believe, apply the Word of God in every part of our life.
As always, Love in Christ Jesus,