This morning, in this letter may we see the KEY that unlocks Spiritual blindness and opens the door to freedom. When we do life on our own without the guidance of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, the pathway through life will become complexed with many curves along its way, leading to destruction and ultimately death to the body, spirit and soul. The way will become unclear and unsafe choosing many times a path of darkness and gloom.
God has given us all (if we choose) a pathway through life with brightness and a light that will guide, direct and comfort us in our journey through this life.
God is a warrior and has a battle plan…
- Exodus 15:3 The LORD is a warrior; yes, the LORD is his name!
- God will teach us how to war…are you willing to become a warrior in His army. The Lord will teach us how to war against the devil if we are willing to learn.
The devil has declared war on us as believers and it is time we learn how to fight…a battle that must first be won in the Spirit through the power and working of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
If true Spiritual warfare is to be accomplished in and through us by the power working in us the “old man” must be nailed to the cross of Calvary and our new life be resurrected by Christ in us.
The new man, Christ in us must be revealed. When God sees that we mean business, than the battle will begin…to set people free.
Satan, through the people, tried to reason with Jesus by saying, “save thyself and come down from the cross”. Just as Jesus was tempted, you can be assured, Satan will do everything possible to prevent you from going to the cross of Christ in full consecration for the death of your self-life. This will require a real determination to resist the temptation to compromise your consecration to Christ and leave your passions and carnal desires on the cross of calvary.
As a believer we are participants in nothing less than a life of an ever- increasing participation in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.
We become a participant in Christ, when we put to death our old, carnal passions, bury the past old life and we are resurrected in a new life with Christ Jesus. This will take keeping our thoughts, mind and spirit under the subjection of the Holy Spirit; for an unguarded moment, when yielded to…will cause you to come down from the cross of Calvary.
Jesus is a powerful weapon to use against Satan. Once your sin has been given to Jesus we are not to take it back. In other words do not give any place for the devil. Satan will try to give the sin back to you but if you gave it ALL to Jesus, and have made a 180 degree turn from the sin and determine in your heart to never return to the sin, than satan has no place in you.
How many times have we given Jesus our sin and a short time later take things in our own hands, follow our own judgment, fall into self-pity, self-justification, resentment, and other forms of self-defense, and suffer defeat until we give it all up and agree to go back to Jesus.
Yes…the only place where Satan cannot touch us is when we have placed it all in Jesus’ hand…for every victory is won when we place our trust in Christ Jesus and His finished work on Calvery. The part of us, the nature/carnal man that comes down from the cross is the only place where Satan can overcome us.
We are to carry our cross to calvary. The secret of victory is that ALL of our-self must die out to Christ and we are to stay in Christ where we are to live, move and have our being.
- Paul sums it up in Galatians 5:24-25, Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature [the life of nature and self] to his cross and crucified them there. If we are living now by the Holy Spirit, let us follow the Holy Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.
- Jesus Himself showed us the way…Matthew 16:24 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me.”
Maybe you realize today that you have taken your passions and desires and sinful ways (carnalality) back.
There is good news…you can find restitution by going back to the cross of Calvary; by confession, repenting and asking for forgiveness.
Are you willing to humble yourself, acknowledge your weakness, mistakes, or sin; accept full blame for it yourself, if others are involved, request forgiveness and make restitution if needed?
Victory is ahead for those willing to carry their cross to Calvary and follow Jesus. If you realized you have backsliddened and fallen short with God; it will take dying out to the thing that caused you to come down from the cross of Calvary and you will find yourself in victory again witb you Lord ac nd Savior. Your God is a loving and forgiving God.
What is Spiritual Warfare? Spiritual warfare is using the weapons of God against Satan.
- 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 We use God’s mighty weapons, not mere worldly weapons, to knock down the Devil’s strongholds. With these weapons we break down every proud argument that keeps people from knowing God. With these weapons we conquer their rebellious ideas, and we teach them to obey Christ.
God has given every believer an access to weapons that will “knock down” (or pull-down) strongholds that Satan has set up…yes, we as God’s warriors can defeat every hindrance that Satan has set up and see God’s Divine plan for mankind unfold but we must first be given the knowledge and than apply this knowledge that God has given.
In today’s world, rockets, missiles and warheads are the mightiest weapons to be used against the enemy. God has made known and given access to every believer who would apply this knowledge, great and mighty weapon’s that can be used against Satan. You might say, in Spiritual Warfare, the weapons used are:
- Binding and loosing
- Breaking generational curses
- These weapons alone can do nothing without being loaded with ammunition.
The power in rockets or missiles is in the warheads. Warheads are the explosive power that causes the destruction. In itself these warheads must have a way to be propelled. When using these weapons we must apply Gods mighty warheads; the Word of God, the Name of Jesus, and the Blood of Jesus…
Satan’s strongholds and schemes will be destroyed.
Let’s examine these 3 mightiest warheads in Spiritual Warfare…
1. Let’s look at the first mighty warhead. The Word of God (the Bible). David speaks of the Power of the Word of God.
- Psalm 107:20 He spoke, and they were healed—snatched from the door of death.
The Word is Creative… active and alive…
- Ezekiel 12:25 For I am the LORD! What I threaten always happens. There will be no more delays, you rebels of Israel! I will fulfill my threat of destruction in your own lifetime, says the Sovereign LORD.”
- Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will remain forever.
- Proverbs 4:21 Don’t lose sight of my words. Let them penetrate deep within your heart
- Luke 1:37 For nothing is impossible with God.”
This warhead (The Word) is powerful and must be part of ones daily intake.
- Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.
Faith is what moves the mountains in our lives…and faith is built upon the Word of God. The Word must be rooted in you for faith to grow!
- Romans 10:17 Yet faith comes from listening to this message of good news—the Good News about Christ.
Always give attention to God’s Word for it brings healing.
- Proverbs 4:20 Pay attention, my child, to what I say. Listen carefully. Don’t lose sight of my words. Let them penetrate deep within your heart, for they bring life and radiant health to anyone who discovers their meaning.
Just as medicine takes time to work so does God’s Word…people must be patient with the Word of God…for the Word must be acted upon and must be obeyed.
2. The Name of Jesus is another warhead in Spiritual Warfare that must be applied. ASK THE Father in the name of Jesus.
- John 14:13 You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father.
- John 16:23-24 At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. The truth is, you can go directly to the Father and ask him, and he will grant your request because you use my name. You haven’t done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.
- Philippians 2:9-12 Because of this, God raised him up to the heights of heaven and gave him a name that is above every other name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Dearest friends, you were always so careful to follow my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away you must be even more careful to put into action God’s saving work in your lives, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.He has given us authority to use His name to combat Satan…Yes and WIN every time!
3. Applying the Blood of Jesus is the third mighty warhead to be used in the battle against Satan.Yes…the blood from Jesus Christ bought our healing.
- 1 Peter 2:24 He personally carried away our sins in his own body on the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. You have been healed by his wounds!
- Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed!
Realizing principles of healing in Spiritual warfare:
- God called sickness – captivity
- Jesus called sickness – bondage
- The Holy Spirit called sickness – oppression. Christ died for our sickness and our sins. Healing is in the atonement. Jesus continues His healing ministry through His body (the church –the righteous – the believers) in the earth.
- The Holy Spirit is with you. Romans 8:26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don’t even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.
Christianity is called a profession or confession…one of the same. Those that call themselves Christians has a profession…Christianity…and a confession…as a Christian…that is to proclaim the mighty power of Jesus Christ to the rest of the world.
- Hebrews 3:1-7 (KJV) Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house. For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. Wherefore as the Holy Ghost saith, Today if ye will hear his voice.
- The most powerful way to break any generational curse is to use the three mightiest warheads in Spiritual Warfare; take hold of the Word of God, in the Name of Jesus, and apply the Blood of Jesus over every stronghold in your life.
Yes…break free from the stronghold of Satan and live a life of LIBERTY…a life of FREEDOM!
- Isaiah 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
REMEMBER…the battle is the LORDS…the battle is already WON…the Victory is OURS if we would use HIS weapons…it’s worth the fight!
Love in Christ Jesus,