This morning my thoughts ponder over where I find true happiness, for today and my future. I can say without a doubt that there is contentment, peace of mind and happiness in knowing Christ as my Lord and Savior.
There is a joy deep down in my heart, spirit and soul knowing that one day I will be with my Lord and Savior for eternity.
Let’s look at three components when applied together in one’s life will bring about True Happiness.
purpose (or direction),
- peace (peace of mind) and
- a love and compassion flowing in and through our own lives.
There must be a true purpose and direction in one’s life; a right kind of purpose with Christ as the base or foundation of one’s life. There must be a trust in something beyond this life…in the Eternal. A purpose with identity. A saving knowledge of Christ and that of identifying with Christ.
- Christ understood His purpose on earth, proclaiming, “These claims are valid even though I make them about myself. For I know where I came from and where I am going, but you don’t know this about me.” (John 8:14)
- Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)
These scriptures though bold and simple show us it is through faith in Christ that we can once again be reconciled to the eternal God. Yes, through Christ we know where we came from, where we are going, and why we are living on earth.
If we have true faith in Christ, “we are God’s children”…“For his Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts and tells us that we are God’s children.” Romans 8:16.
There is you might say, a conduit of unlimited power available to all born again children of God…as stated in Romans 8:31 “What can we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
Yes, there will be challenges along life’s pathway but there are unlimited resources awaiting for our asking, empowered and distributed by the work of the Holy Spirit in us.
Along with a purpose in life you also need peace of mind. We live in an environment that places limitations in and around our lives. We are limited by our senses; of time, of space, and of an unpredictable future. For we know not what tomorrow will bring.
- The bondage of guilt straps a person from receiving what God’s divine plan is for one’s life. We all have made wrong decisions; all have sinned. This guilt will zap our strength mentally, physically and spiritually.
- True happiness will only happen when one is set free from guilt…a peace of mind from wrong decisions, mistakes and the guilt of sin.
- Uneasiness about situations in life is another deadly disease, which causes loneliness; an emptiness and loss of purpose or meaning in our lives, which in turn so many times cause one to commit suicide. Everyone wants to love and be loved.
- Staying focused in Christ and allowing the Holy Spirit to flow in your life will bring meaning into your life and fear of rejection and loss will disappear. All must put their complete trust in Jesus – all understanding and all powerful. We cannot win over these fears and enemies, in our own human effort.
It takes supernatural power given by Christ. His death on the cross has made AMPLE PROVISION FOR THE PEACE WE SO DESPERATELY NEED FOR HAPPINESS.
Yes…we can win the battle against the enemies of our peace of mind through faith in Christ Jesus.
Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given complete authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Again we can see Christ’s supernatural power found in Mark 9:23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.” Christ replies to our natural limitations….
Yes, God has forgiven us…through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus. Romans 8:33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? Will God? No! He is the one who has given us right standing with himself.
The only thing that is standing in our way to receive our forgiveness from God is our own self pride and lack of understanding of the simplicity of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Simply put, when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior we are accepting what Christ did on and through the cross of Calvary. Yes, we began to know who Christ is to us personally. We repent and ask forgiveness from our old ways of sin and simply, accept His forgiveness by faith. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit (indwells in us) or you might say, takes up residence in us.
There must be a flow of love and compassion in our lives which is the foundation of true happiness. Again let me say the love of Christ provides a basis for a lasting peace of mind.
We must come back to having a relationship with Christ and it will become a fellowship; which will bring about a love and compassion for our fellowman.
True happiness comes when we have love and compassion for others; the lost and hurting of this world.
Let’s begin TODAY, to Share love…by sharing compassion…Share God with those around us, and Share life together.
A life of emptiness transformed into a life of meaning…a life of purpose brings lives full of love and compassion.
- Faith in Christ Jesus will give you a life of meaning and purpose; freed from the bondage of guilt, shame and sin.
- Faith in Christ Jesus will give you a release in your spirit, soul and body and the peace of mind needed for genuine happiness.
As always, Love in Christ Jesus,