As I look out into the early morning sunrise I am reminded of so many promises given to those who love the Lord.
In this letter,I will write down a few of my favorite promises listed in the Bible. There are many, many more through out God’s Word and He has promised to fulfill every promise in THE BOOK to those who love Him.
- We have been promised that God will not take back a single word.
- The promises of God are yes and amen, 2 Corinthians 1:20 NKJV. “For all the promises of God in Him are yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.”
None of God’s promises will ever fail as stated in Joshua 23:14, ESV. “…not one word has failed of all the good things that the LORD your God promised concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one of them has failed.”
- We have been promised eternal life in 1 John 2:25, NKJV. “And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.”
We have been promised that God can do the impossible. It’s in the Bible, Luke 18:27, NKJV. “But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”
- We have been promised Salvation; anew heart and desires. Ezekiel 36:26, NKJV. “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.”
- We have been promised forgiveness. 1 John 1:9, NKJV. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
We have been promised that our sins will be far removed from us. Psalm 103:12, NKJV. “As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.”
We have been promised that our sins will be buried. Micah 7:19, NKJV. “He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.”
We have been promised the fruit of the Spirit. It’s in the Bible, Galatians 5:22-23, NKJV. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.”
- We are promised the Holy Spirit. Luke 11:13, NKJV. “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”
The Holy Spirit will guide you and show you the truth. John 16:13, KJV. “…When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.”
We have been promised to have no lack of anything that is needed. Psalms 34:9-10, NKJV. “Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him. The young lions lack and suffer hunger; but those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.”
- We have been promised God will take care of your day-to-day needs.
You have been promised as you meditate on God’s word your way will be prosperous. Joshua 1:8, NKJV. “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.”
We are promised blessings. We are told to test God, see if He will bless you with more than you can hold. Malachi 3:10-11, NKJV. “‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,’ says the Lord of hosts, ‘If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it. ‘And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,’ says the Lord of hosts.”
We have been promised that all of our needs will be supplied. Philippians 4:19, NKJV. “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
- God promised to give the best He had and He did, by giving us His only Son. Romans 8:32, NKJV. “He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?”
We have been promised that God does not hold back anything that is for your benefit or good. Psalm 84:11, TLB. “For Jehovah God is our Light and our Protector. He gives us grace and glory. No good thing will He withhold from those who walk along his paths.”
- We have been promised of health and healing. Jeremiah 30:17, NKJV. “For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,’ says the Lord.”
God promises health to us if we listen. Exodus 15:26. “If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you.”
- We have been promised that God heals us and forgives us. Psalms 103:2-3, NKJV. “Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases.”
- We have been promised Wisdom. James 1:5, NKJV. “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”
We have been promised that God gives wisdom and guides us. Psalms 32:8, KJV. “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.”
Proverbs 3:5-7, NKJV. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil.”
- We have been promised peace. Isaiah 26:3, NKJV. “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.”
We have been promised that God will guide you on His pathway. Isaiah 30:21, KJV. “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.”
We have been promised no need to worry. It’s in the Bible, Philippians 4:6, KJV. “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
The Bible promises peace as we live according to its principles. Psalms 119:165, NKJV. “Great peace have those who love your law, And nothing causes them to stumble.” Proverbs 3:5-7, NKJV. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil.”
We have been promised victory over temptations. 1 Corinthians 10:13, NKJV. “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.”
We have been promised the devil will flee if we submit and draw near to God. James 4:7-10, NKJV. “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.”
We have been promised that Jesus will help us through our temptations. Hebrews 2:18, NKJV. “For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.”
- We have been promised protection from harm and danger. Psalm 91:4-6, NKJV. “He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.”
- We have been promised safety. It’s in the Bible, Proverbs 18:10, NKJV. “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.”
- We have been promised that God walks with us in our troubles.
Psalm 138:7, NKJV. “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me; you will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me.”
We have been promised deliverance from fear. Psalm 34:4, NKJV. “I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
We are promised that we don’t need to be afraid or fearful. John 14:27, NKJV. “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
We are promised that fear is removed through Godly love. 1 John 4:18, NKJV. “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. We love Him because He first loved us.”
- We have been promised in the Bible that the dead will live again.
- Jesus has promised that He will come again. John 14:2-3, NKJV. “In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”
We have been promised that the dead will be raised again. 1 Thes. 4:15-18, NKJV. “For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.”
- We have been promised an end to death, sorrow, and pain. Rev. 21:4, NKJV. “And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
Believe, accept and receive these great promises that are waiting for those who ask in faith.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,