Again this morning, my thoughts go to the importance of believing, trusting and walking out the very Word of God in all truth. The question rises, Are You FULLY Committed?
FULLY committed will take serving the Lord with ALL that is in you. This consists of your thoughts, emotions, your will, mind, body, spirit and soul.
When God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit has full rein in our life there is no limit what God can and will do; for God IS NOT LIMITED! We are the ones that limit God, for He says; only believe all things are possible!
I am encouraged in what God’s Word states in 2 Chronicles 16:9a “The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him…“
When we are FULLY committed to Christ and His Word we can be assured that all things work together for the good. As we get to know the Word, the very Word will get to know us and we can take these words to heart as stated by our Lord and Savior in Matthew 21:22 (KJV), “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.”
He did not say a just a few things that you pray for would come to pass or that a prayer now and then would come to pass…Jesus said, “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, (then, “ye shall receive.”
You will never go wrong when you always pray the Word, the promises in His Word. God cannot lie. The truth is; when we pray with child like faith, the limits of our human mind are removed and our faith becomes unlimited toward our Heavenly Father.
God is never limited for He is all in all. It is we who limit God and often times block our own blessings from coming forth.
Let me list a few things to avoid as we grow in the faith and to help us stay committed. At the same time I will give you a few things to encourage you so we can experience the joy of answered prayer.
- Doubt and unbelief keeps man in a state of separation from God. Doubt comes from lack of knowledge of God’s Word. Our minds must stay renewed and God has given us a way to renew our minds and that is through His Word and prayer.
Yes, when man determines that it is God’s will on a thing, according to God’s Word (the Bible) and prays according to God’s Word, he can be sure God will move, show up, thus expelling the force of doubt.
God’s Word MUST be the final authority in the matter. Yes, expect things to change when you pray, for God’s Word cannot and will not fail! It is what God has actually done in and through Christ Jesus at Calvary which makes one in right-standing with God. 2 Corinthians 5:21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
Here we see that Jesus literally became our sin so we could become the righteousness of God. Righteousness is right-standing. When you are in right-standing with God there is a confidence you experience, without a sense of guilt, sin, or condemnation.
- Yes, knowing that you will receive when you ask in faith believing. “All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” but when a person receives Jesus as his Lord, he is placed in right-standing with God. He is made the righteousness of God by grace through faith.
According to 2 Corinthians 5:17, what this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!…(v.20) …“Be reconciled to God!” (v. 21) For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
You may think you are the worst sinner the world has ever seen, but through the new-birth (regeneration), Jesus has made us the righteousness of God at Calvary and there is NO SIN that Satan could dream up big enough to change that!
Again let me say, as born-again believers, we have been made the righteousness of God in Christ. When we take advantage of our right- standing relationship with God, we will see the results we desire in prayer. As long you pray in faith, believing, you will not be defeated.
- As a believer – disciple of Christ, we have been commissioned to go forth and have been given authority to use His name when we pray. When we pray “in His name” we are praying in His authority or you might say in His power with His authority.
Jesus Himself gave us His authority and (power) when we use His name as He states in John 16:23 “At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. The truth is, you can go directly to the Father and ask him, and he will grant your request because you use my name. ” (authority to use His name to go to the Father, God)
- As a believer, when you go before the Father in Jesus’ name, you are standing before God as His child, asking according to the promises of His Word, in faith believing, through the power of the Holy Spirit, that the Father may be glorified through His Son, Jesus.
Yes, your prayer will be answered as a result. Once you see that you are born of God as stated in 1 John 5:1a, “Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God”
Remember, you have the right to use the family name and when you use it with the authority of Christ, you will see God’s power operating in your behalf.
- Prayer will not work without forgiveness. As stated in Mark 11:25 “But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.”
Staying in harmony with God keeps our connection open and when we pray we can be assued God hears us..
An attitude of forgiveness begins at home as stated in 1 Peter 3:7 “In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat her with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. If you don’t treat her as you should, your prayers will not be heard.” Also see these scriptures; John 14:23, 1 John 4:20.
- Strife must not be part of the body of Christ. There must be harmony in our spirit, soul and body. Love must be present at all times. James 3:16 states, for wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and every kind of evil.
God’s Word states in Philippians 4:19, And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Let both your words and your actions agree! ACTING on the Word that God has spoken brings results! Take time out of your busy day, daily, to fellowship with God in prayer and in His Word!
Remember, God and His Word are ONE…You fellowship with Him through His Word, then He responds to you through His Spirit. YES, Christ and you acting as ONE
God Bless You,
As Always, Love in Christ Jesus,