This morning my thoughts go to God’s Word and what it means to place our trust in the Lord God. TRUST, is a key in receiving from God. To believe, has an element in it called TRUST. May this letter help us understand childlike TRUST (Faith) in the Lord. Much is said in the scriptures on placing your TRUST in the Lord.
It is my prayer and hope that all who read this letter will be convinced in their heart to place their total trust and faith with confidence in Christ Jesus. I have made this commitment that my trust, my confidence is totally in Christ Jesus and His finished work at the cross.
Are you convinced, that “IT IS FINISHED”? As the scriptures says, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT)
Trust and faith are closely related and both work together when it comes to effective prayer. Yes, trust is unwavering confidence in the promises of God’s Word and God’s willingness and ability to hear and answer prayer. Trusting in God’s Word requires faith to take action in God’s Word.
As we see in Jeremiah, trust leads to blessedness.
- Jeremiah 17:7 – 8 (NLT) “But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.
Trust brings the reality of hope into fulfillment and brings the promise into present possession; now trust becomes as conscious as the sense of touch and we see, receive and hold the reality of the promise. Trusting in God consist of resting in Him.
He is always faithful! Lamentations 3:22 – 25 (NLT) The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope (trust) in him!”
The LORD is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him.I will trust God in all that I go through…for He is the great Almighty, all knowing, all caring who has and always will, keep His promises…He wants the best for His children!
There has to be a complete trust in our Father as David stated in Psalms 23:4 (NLT) “Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.”
For those that trust Him – we are assured of His guidance and protection as stated in:
- Romans 8:28 (NLT) And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
- 1 Peter 5:7 (NLT) Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
- Psalms 118:8 (NLT) It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in people.
- Proverbs 16:20 (NLT) Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the LORD will be joyful.
- Proverbs 30:5 (NLT) Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection.
- Psalms 37:3 (NLT) Trust in the LORD and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Yes, God has never failed to fulfill His promises…what He did yesterday He will do today. “For He is the same; yesterday, today and tomorrow”. God expects us to claim His promises by faith through prayer which is an important part in trusting Him.
- Joshua 21:45 (NLT) Not a single one of all the good promises the LORD had given to the family of Israel was left unfulfilled; everything he had spoken came true.
- Psalms 9:10 (NLT) Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O LORD, do not abandon those who search for you.
- 1 Kings 8:56 (NLT) “Praise the LORD who has given rest to his people Israel, just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the wonderful promises he gave through his servant Moses.
- 2 Corinthians 1:20 (NLT) For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory.
It will take faith, believing and trust that God is faithful in this life and the life after. I once heard trust explained as the “resting nature of God” as follows: “Upon God’s faithfulness rests our whole hope of future blessedness. Only as He is faithful will His covenants stand and His promises be honored. Only as we have complete assurance that He is faithful may we live in peace and look forward with assurance to the life to come.”
God has always been faithful and we can be assured from His Word that God is faithful both in this life and the life to come…eternity.
Trust is earned in the degree of my faithfulness. God is and has always been faithful to His children…my trust is in the Lord God Almighty. HE IS FAITHFUL!
Joy comes…by trusting God; a certain knowledge in knowing that God is working His purpose, no matter what the circumstances may appear to be. (Not external joy- but the joy from deep within our soul which in turn will show joy outward)
- As the Psalmists states in Psalms 5:11 (NLT) But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy.
- Nehemiah 8:10 (NLT) And Nehemiah continued, “Go and celebrate with a feast of rich foods and sweet drinks, and share gifts of food with people who have nothing prepared. This is a sacred day before our Lord. Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the LORD is your strength!”
- John 15:11 – 12 (NLT) I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you.
The great evangelist, Billy Sunday once said, “If you have no joy in your religion, there’s a leak in your Christianity somewhere.”
GOD IS FAITHFUL…He keeps His WORD… He is always with you:
- 1 Thessalonians 5:24 (NLT) God will make this happen, for he who calls you is faithful.
- Psalms 119:65 (NLT) You have done many good things for me, LORD, just as you promised.
- Genesis 28:15 (NLT) What’s more, I am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you.”
- Deuteronomy 7:8 – 9 (NLT) Rather, it was simply that the LORD loves you, and he was keeping the oath he had sworn to your ancestors. That is why the LORD rescued you with such a strong hand from your slavery and from the oppressive hand of Pharaoh, king of Egypt. Understand, therefore, that the LORD your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands.
- Joshua 23:14 (NLT) “Soon I will die, going the way of everything on earth. Deep in your hearts you know that every promise of the LORD your God has come true. Not a single one has failed”!
David learned to trust in God…How did He learn this trust? Building upon a relationship was His key. He interacted with God daily. He was consistent in His daily walk. As we seek God daily in everything, we began to experience more and more of His faithfulness. Our trust and faith in him grows deeper and fuller as His will is allowed to work in and through our lives. Trusting God is recognized in our hearts in love and not fear.
Yes, trusting the Lord our God will lead us to pray victoriously!
David believed and trusted God as we can see in these scriptures:
- Psalms 91:2 – 4 (NLT) This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
- Psalms 112:7 – 8 (NLT) They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the LORD to care for them. They are confident and fearless and can face their foes triumphantly.
- Psalms 17:5 – 8 (NLT) My steps have stayed on your path; I have not wavered from following you. I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray. Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways. By your mighty power you rescue those who seek refuge from their enemies. Guard me as you would guard your own eyes. Hide me in the shadow of your wings.
- Psalms 34:8 (NLT) “Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him! ”
“TRUSTING IN THE LORD” is simply…taking Him at His Word! IT’S A PROMISE!
As always, Love in Christ Jesus,