What a beautiful morning here in Orlando. As I sit out on the balcony I see the beauty of the palm trees and the morning dew drifting from the turf. The warming of the sun begins to rise as the people begin to wake up to a new day. I am so thankful for the sun and for His Son.
This morning my thoughts are awaken to the greatness of God. In His hand He holds the world together. We can get to know God through His Word. God has given us His Word to become part of us so that we can have a right relationship with Him.
Let me start out in this letter by saying that we must spend time reading and studying (mediating) on the Word. As we read and study God’s Word we are to have a prayerful attitude and ask God for wisdom and understanding of His Word.
Desire to be infilled with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will guide, teach and lead us into all truth. The Word must be a part of us all the time.
This living Word is quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart. You meditate in that. As the Word is unveiled to us, it becomes reality in our heart; our spirit, our thinking, and our body, showing the relationship, one to the other. That living Word is the thing that should direct our thinking, our meditations…
- Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.
We are to cultivate and nourish ourselves in the Word until His Word rules our thinking…can His Word rule us? Yes, His Word is active and alive and when believed and followed (obeyed) begins to change our thinking and our very thoughts.
Our desires become His desires. His will becomes our will. The fruit of the Spirit becomes active and alive in us.
- 1 Peter 2:2-3 You must crave pure spiritual milk so that you can grow into the fullness of your salvation. Cry out for this nourishment as a baby cries for milk, now that you have had a taste of the Lord’s kindness.
When we learn to meditate on His Word…what we say and even our thoughts will be pleasing…sweet to the Lord…bringing forth both blessings and favor to God and man…
- Psalm 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.
The man who controls his thoughts will control his conduct and control his speech. When we learn the secret of meditating in the Word, yielding our minds over to the Word,
- then Psalm 104:34 becomes a reality… “May he be pleased by all these thoughts about him, for I rejoice in the LORD.” Our spirits can be so developed, so strengthened, that we will become God-minded, Word-minded.
In the morning our minds unconsciously go to Him for guidance and wisdom for the day. We have exercised ourselves in the Word until our whole being is saturated with it.
Doing what is right reveals that of a mature Christian…learning, teaching and doing what is right…which comes from the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit. Being filled with the Holy Spirit will lead believers into all truth, which will bring forth teaching that is needed to the believer and non-believer alike; followed by signs and wonders.
- Hebrews 5:12-14 You have been Christians a long time now, and you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things a beginner must learn about the Scriptures. You are like babies who drink only milk and cannot eat solid food. And a person who is living on milk isn’t very far along in the Christian life and doesn’t know much about doing what is right. Solid food is for those who are mature, who have trained themselves to recognize the difference between right and wrong and then do what is right.
So many believers are faith seekers. They distrust their own faith. They are looking for someone who can pray the prayer of faith for them. They are like ones Paul speaks of in Timothy…ever learning but never arriving…
- 2 Timothy 3:7 Such women are forever following new teachings, but they never understand the truth. They have never yet reached the place where their spirits are quiet and restful. They are having a continual combat with the adversary.
God said these signs were: “that they may believe that the LORD, the God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you”
- Exodus 4:5 If the people still did not believe, God told Moses to take water from the Nile and pour it on the ground, where it would turn to blood (vs. 9). The purpose for the children of Israel was that they would believe God’s messenger.
- In Matthew 12:39-41, Jesus was very clear that the purpose of a sign was so people would acknowledge God’s message and respond accordingly.
- Likewise, in John 4:48, He told the nobleman, “Unless you see signs and wonders, you will not believe.” The signs were a help to those who struggled to believe, but the message of salvation in Christ was the focus.
This message of salvation was outlined by Paul in 1 Cor. 1:21-23: “It pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe. For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles.”
Signs have their purpose, but they are a means to a greater end—the salvation of souls through the preaching of the gospel.
In 1 Cor. 14:22, Paul states clearly that “tongues are a sign not for believers but for unbelievers.” God used miraculous signs like speaking in tongues to convince unbelievers that the message of Christ was true, but as the rest of the context shows, the more important thing was the clear declaration of the gospel message.
In every instance, the sign gifts were a confirmation of God’s message and messenger, in order that people might hear and believe. The miracles were to get people to believe the word (Mark 16:20)…”confirming the word with signs following”.
Jesus defeated Satan, stripped him of his authority before He arose from the dead. All authority was given to Jesus and is still His authority. This victory becomes ours when we remember that the adversary, that is combating us, is conquered, that he is our subject instead of our master.
A Spirit filled believer has the very power of Jesus Christ residing in Him and through the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit, He then will say, “In Jesus Name, demon, you leave me,” and he must go.
Yes, as stated in Mark 16:17-18 These signs will accompany those who believe:
REMEMBER, the believer who is walking in God’s footsteps is one that has crucified himself (daily) of all carnal ways and is lead by the Holy Spirit, then; “They will cast out demons in my name.”
If you can cast out one demon you can cast out any demon. If you can heal a disease in the Name of Jesus, you can heal any disease; for He said, “They will be able to place their hands on the sick and heal them.”
Begin exercising the Word of God…the Word that’s in you…the Word that you have been reading, studying and mediating on…applying His Word thru faith that what you say in His name, will happen…confirming that the Gospel is truth and life both for/ to the believer and non-believer alike.
- John 14:13-14 You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father. Yes, ask anything in my name, and I will do it!
Remember…Jesus said, “I am the Vine; ye are the branches.” There is a connection between you and Jesus because you are a branch of the Vine. The Word abides in you. You see, that is not an intellectual thing…it is a spiritual thing…
- John 15:7 But if you stay joined to me and my words remain in you, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted! Just as you walk in Love, live Love, breathe Love, now you walk in the conscious authority and ability of that Word in your life.
You see, it is the living Word (God in us), yes, in you, that heals sick folks…that saves lost men…that puts courage and strength into the faint-hearted…
- 2 Corinthians 9:10 For God is the one who gives seed to the farmer and then bread to eat.
In the same way, he will give you many opportunities to do good, and he will produce a great harvest of generosity in you.
Signs and wonders have their specific purposes. God uses them to identify His message and help those who earnestly seek Him. He does not use them according to our agenda, but His. He will not be threatened or blackmailed.
And He will not continue to use signs and wonders in a person’s life if they continue to ignore the more indirect ways He works and provides. Signs and wonders are tools to guide us into spiritual maturity of knowing Christ and Him crucified.
The trusting Christ-follower will understand that God works most often in ways we will never see; (John 20:29). “blessed are they that have not seen, and yet believed.”
Don’t let your senses control you…bringing guilt and inferiority…robbing you of fruit bearing. It’s time we recognize the integrity of the Word and enter into our inheritance of righteousness, right living and become fruit bearers.
- Philippians 1:20 For I live in eager expectation and hope that I will never do anything that causes me shame, but that I will always be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past, and that my life will always honor Christ, whether I live or I die.
Paul wanted Christ to be magnified in his body through the things he did and said. He wanted Jesus to be magnified, made attractive, so that men would want Him. This can only come, as we…exercise ourselves in the Word.
Let’s become that example for the world to see…JESUS IN US…when the WORD is in us we will say and do…NOT MY WILL BUT YOURS. Jesus and the Holy Spirit working in and through us.
As always, Love in Christ Jesus,