Yes, God hears and has promised to answer the prayer of a grateful heart stemming from a heart of thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving pleases God and is to be a way of life that stems from faith, an expression of positive emotions from the depth of our heart.
1 John 5:14-15 reinforces this powerful prayer promise, “And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.”
- Psalms 92:1 (NLT) states, “It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to the Most High.”
- Thanksgiving blesses God,
- Thanksgiving blesses us and
- Thanksgiving opens the gates that lead into His presence…where we need to always be.
We are to enter his gates with thanksgiving; and go into his courts with praise. God commands us in His Word to give Him praise and be thankful.
- Psalms 50:23 (NLT) But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God.”
- Psalms 63:3-5 (NLT) Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer. You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise you with songs of joy.
- Psalms 136:26 (NLT) Give thanks to the God of heaven. His faithful love endures forever.
- 1 Timothy 4:4 (NLT) Since everything God created is good, we should not reject any of it but receive it with thanks.
- Philippians 4:6 (NLT) Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
Thanksgiving and praise in prayer gives us so many things:
- It gives us satisfaction
- It glorifies God and brings revelation of salvation
- It shows we have been brought out of darkness
- It helps us see that God’s mercy endures forever
- It removes all anxiety from our lives
- It enables us to receive all the good things God has provided for us.
Being thankful is to be a part of our everyday lifestyle given from the heart. Thankfulness causes a healing in ones body, soul and spirit.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,