It’s Christmas Day and a great time to say, I wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS, from my heart to yours!
May you and your family have a WONDERFUL and BLESSED DAY!
Now on to my daily thoughts of the day. This thought is a MESSAGE for TODAY and what TODAY, Christmas, is all about.
Today’s thought is a bit lengthy so please consider this writing as a letter from me to you.
Just as Christmas is a time of giving, it is also a time of receiving. God became flesh in the form of a human man; a baby born from a virgin, the baby Jesus.
God gave us His Son, Jesus, as a gift and we are to receive the gift from God into our hearts. We celebrate His birth on Christmas Day, December 25th.
You too can have Eternal Life with Him and be saved from your sin if you receive Jesus into your life, believe and receive God’s plan of Salvation for you and all mankind.
This gift from God is given to all who will believe. All that is need is to receive this free gift by faith given from God. His gift to you when you believe and accept His Son, Jesus, who was born on this celebrated day over 2000 years ago to save us from our sins. He became a Savior and Lord to all mankind.
We all were born into sin with our natural, carnal nature. Sin brings destruction and ultimately death in one’s life, an eternal death in hell; which will separate us from Heaven and our Heavenly Father, God. This is truly the reason for the season of Christmas.
God’s desire is to have a relationship with his creation. He has given us a freewill to choose, heaven or hell. It is our choice. By doing nothing you will stay in your natural born sinful state and miss Eternity with God.
Simply, receive Jesus into your heart and receive a new spirit into your life or do nothing and deny Jesus.
SIN was brought to life when Adam disobeyed God. God said that man had to die because of his disobedience. In sinning, man dies spiritually, forever separated with God.
Over 2000 years ago, God came as man, (baby Jesus) and grew up as a full grown man, going through life, experiencing what we experience. He died and rose again so we could have life with Him and experience the love of the Father. His blood was shed to wash away our sin.
NOW, TODAY, we can have life and life more abundantly through Jesus Christ. It was God’s plan that man must die so that life could once again be established in man.
Yes, taking up our own cross, daily, or you might say, dying out daily to the old man called “sin” is a must to live a life of freedom and a peace of mind of “Eternal Life”. We must receive the new spirit of Christ and this only will come through knowing Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.
Make the RIGHT CHOICE and choose Jesus as your Lord and Savior, TODAY! You will never regret it! He will give you a new spirit, a fresh start in this life and an assurance of eternal life with God, hereafter.
There becomes an unspeakable joy that fills the heart and soul of the born-again believer. This relationship with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit will lead you into the very truth of the Gospel and His Word.
This new spirit, Christ in you, will teach you, guide you and lead you into all wisdom and understanding of His Word.
With this new spirit you receive an everlasting life with full assurance to be with your Creator, God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
God has given man a free will, a choice daily, to obey or disobey which will bring spiritual life or death. In order to choose life, man MUST obey God and remain in right standing with the Father. With this new spirit we will have a new desire to serve Him and the working of the Holy Spirit in us and through us.
We in ourself cannot change ourself. This is the very reason God sent us His Son, Jesus, on Christmas Day; to receive and save us from our sin.
Yes, through His shed blood on the cross became the turning point for all mankind. A new relationship has begun that will take us into Eternity.
This new life only comes through the born-again experience, a relationship with Christ Jesus. When we accept Jesus, we accept the Holy Spirit who will help us live a victorious life in Christ Jesus.
There is ONLY one way to keep our relationship with the Father and that is through obedience with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. We in ourselves cannot and will not follow that narrow path of righteousness without Christ Jesus directing our path.
Jesus accepts you where you are. The born-again experience is a new beginning where the past is forgiven, your sins are washed away and a new life has started in Christ.
He has given us a new spirit of righteousness when we accept Him and a desire to follow His ways of Godly living, right living, holiness and a pure life.
We do have a choice in life; we can continue in our sinful natural way that seems right in ourselves but controlled by Satan leading to destruction or receive a new spirit controlled by God and empowered by the working of the Holy Spirit into the righteousness of Christ Jesus which is the way to Heaven, Eternally with God our Creator.
First and foremost is to receive Jesus as your personal Savior, given by God’s grace and received by faith into your heart. He will give you a new spirit and a new desire to live a life of righteousness.
Let me make it perfectly clear; we do not receive this new spirit by works. We receive this new spirit by God’s grace and our sins are forgiven through the shed blood of His Son, Jesus, when He was on the cross. We are guaranteed eternal life through His death, burial and resurrection.
When we acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God and our personal Lord and Savior, repent and turn from our sinful ways than He will heal our hearts, mind, soul and spirit. Yes, he will change our stony heart of sin with a new heart and a new spirit in us with a desire to obey and do right.
Secondly, keeping the relationship alive, one must stay in contact with God, through DAILY Prayer (communication) with God and meditation (reading/studying) His Word (the Bible).
The true believer must live by faith. The ONLY way to obey God’s Word is by applying it and acting on what He speaks in and to our hearts; in our everyday living.
The old carnal nature will always be around trying to take a foothold, but remember, the old man SIN, was put to death by our Lord and Savior, Jesus. Man was restored to the place with God through Christ’s resurrection.
When Christ reigns in us as our Lord and Savior, SIN will be put to death in our mind/heart, soul and spirit.
We can now come into the presence of God with confidence and be assured that He will answer our requests.
You might say, SIN brings death to life, BUT life (abiding in Christ) brings death to SIN. The ONLY way to have life is to die; dying out of our own selfish ways for death is the ONLY way to life.
We choose LIFE when we become a believer. To become a believer, one MUST be renewed in his spirit by new birth, the born-again experience.
This is done by surrendering our natural carnal sinful nature over to God. Building a relationship with our Father.
- John 3:3 Jesus replied, “I assure you, unless you are born again (from above), you can never see the Kingdom of God.”
- John 3:5 Jesus replied, “The truth is, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
- John 3:8 Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit.”
- Titus 3:5 He saved us, not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy.
God desires a relationship with His creation. A relationship takes (two) or you might say takes both working together to become successful.
Building that relationship started with the Fathers love for us and must include our love for the Father. Receiving His gift of salvation, Christ Jesus into your life, your heart, proves your love to your Father, God.
This new birth is simply receiving Christ Jesus into your heart, into your life and produced through:
1. The Holy Spirit…Jesus washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit.
2. The Word of God…James 1:18 In his goodness he chose to make us his own children by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his choice possession.1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again. Your new life did not come from your earthly parents because the life they gave you will end in death. But this new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.
3. Faith…1 John 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too.
The New Birth – (the born-again experience) is death to the old ways by accepting Jesus. You are saying NO…to the old nature…the carnal nature…putting to death anything and everything that is wrong.
The New Birth…will bring these six results in your life:
1. New creation…2 Corinthians 5:17 What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!
2. Changed life…Romans 6:4-11 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives. Since we have been united with him in his death, we will also be raised as he was. Our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin. And since we died with Christ, we know we will also share his new life. We are sure of this because Christ rose from the dead, and he will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him. He died once to defeat sin, and now he lives for the glory of God. So you should consider yourselves dead to sin and able to live for the glory of God through Christ Jesus.
3. Holy Life…1 John 3:9 Those who have been born into God’s family do not sin, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they have been born of God.
4. Righteousness…1 John 2:29 Since we know that God is always right, we also know that all who do what is right are his children.
5. Love…1 John 3:10 So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the Devil. Anyone who does not obey God’s commands and does not love other Christians does not belong to God.
6. Victory…1 John 5:4. ” For every child of God defeats this evil world. and we achieve this victory through our fairh.”
Yes, God gave us Jesus and the Holy Spirit to live in us and we as believers can have a relationship with Him.
God gave and we are to receive!
Christmas Day is a time of celebrating the birth of Jesus and we celebrate by both giving gifts and receiving gifts. In like manner we are to both give our life to God and receive His Son, Jesus as our Lord and Savior.
This time of celebrating, CHRISTMAS DAY is to be all about giving ourself to God all through the year and receiving God’s gift Jesus and the Holy Spirit into our heart, spirit and soul.
Yes, His gift to us and our gift to Him all through the year until He returns to take us back with Him unto/into Eternity forever with Him.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,