In today’s daily thought we will look the meaning of our salvation in which healing is obtained both spiritually and physically.
As we look at the early church teachings, healing was used as a means of advertising the Gospel as well as blessing the people.
Yes, Jesus gave His Disciples authority as followers of Christ, to use His name over the power of Satan. In like manner, as believers and Disciples of Christ, we also have authority because of who we are in Christ Jesus and who He is in us.
John 14:13 – 14 is a good example of this; “You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father. Yes, ask anything in my name, and I will do it!”
“Ask” in verse 13, in the Greek means (a demand –of something due). You are not demanding it of the Father, because the Father has given you authority over these demonic forces. In the Name of Jesus you command it (Satan) to leave and by faith believe.
The very key or you might say secret to this authority lies in the knowledge of Christ Jesus. Simply put, as a believer YOU MUST KNOW HIS WORD!
1st…Do you know Him as your Lord and Savior?
2nd…Do you know the Word? Read the Word, learn the Word, speak the Word and walk out (apply the Word) into your everyday living. His Word (the Bible) is alive and active.
This Authority given by Christ is built upon a relationship through the born-again experience. As a believer we are grafted into the family of God. As part of the family of God we have a new spirit, a new desire to follow Christ. Our relationship with Christ is maintained by applying (obeying) the Word of God.
As we continue to build this relationship in the family, we are given certain responsibilities from God through the power of Christ in us and they are distributed by the Holy Spirit working in us.
Jesus stated in John 10:27: “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.“
God has given every spirit filled born-again believer a new spirit and Christ’s authority to use His name over Satan.
Satan has NO power over the believer who “speaks in the authority of Christ” in faith. Satan must/will take his hold off of the person whom Jesus is Lord of their lives. Do you know whose you are…and who you are in Christ? “Christ in us the hope of glory.”
You have a right to freedom from pain and sickness. Jesus stated in Mark 16:18 “In my Name…they will be able to place their hands on the sick and heal them.”
The believer has the very nature, the life of God, the very Spirit of God in him. When conditions of His Word is met, the believer can exercise this same power in the Name of Jesus, for a sick person in a distant place. It is at the moment he prays in the Name of Jesus, in the power of Jesus and with His authority that God’s healing power reaches out to the one prayed for.
• Faith In His Word…Don’t be controlled by your senses as stated in 1 Corinthians 3:1 – 3; for the believer who is governed by senses and not by Word. Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to mature Christians. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in the Christian life. I had to feed you with milk and not with solid food, because you couldn’t handle anything stronger. And you still aren’t ready, for you are still controlled by your own sinful desires. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn’t that prove you are controlled by your own desires? You are acting like people who don’t belong to the Lord.
• Call for the elders of the church. In the church of Acts, the elders were filled with the Spirit of God with signs following. The Gifts of the Spirit followed these church elders. In like manner, the elders of today’s church are to be filled with the Spirit of God with Gifts of the Holy Spirit following. James 5:14 Are any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord.
This scripture is for those who must depend on others to pray for them. It is for each believer to know where he or she stands with Christ.
Here we see that every believer has a right to ask the Father for healing or any other blessing and if he asks in the Name of Jesus, he is guaranteed that the Father will hear their requests.
John 16:23 – 24 At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. The truth is, you can go directly to the Father and ask him, and he will grant your request because you use my name. You haven’t done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.
• Again, Jesus says to ask, using His name. Matthew 18:18 – 20 I tell you this: Whatever you prohibit on earth is prohibited in heaven, and whatever you allow on earth is allowed in heaven. “I also tell you this: If two of you agree down here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together because they are mine, I am there among them.”
God watches over His Word to make it good. Where two are united, and are asking (with the authority of Jesus Christ…that which is yours) in Jesus Name the healing of loved ones, prayer is bound to be answered.
• This last method I believe is the best and that is healing in Redemption. In the scriptures below the context of theses scriptues pertain to our spiritual salvation, but let me make it perfectly clear there is physical healing available through the power of Jesus Christ and the working of the Holy Spirit.
Isaiah 53:3 – 5 He was despised and rejected—a man of sorrows, acquainted with bitterest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way when he went by. He was despised, and we did not care. Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God for his own sins! But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed!
This prophecy was given of Jesus in the Old Testament of the coming Messiah, Jesus. Through His death and resurrection everyone can receive His salvation. Healing is available for the mind, body and soul. Here is the absolute statement of fact – that “by His stripes we are healed”.
1 Peter 2:24, “He personally carried away our sins in his own body on the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right.”
You have been healed by his wounds! Healing is available when you go to your Heavenly Father in prayer (asking) through the very power of working in us, Jesus Christ in us as a believer. Jesus has given all believers authority to use His name, the very name that causes demons and Satan to tremble and flee.
Matthew 8:16 – 17 That evening many demon-possessed people were brought to Jesus. All the spirits fled when he commanded them to leave; and he healed all the sick. This fulfilled the word of the Lord through Isaiah, who said, “He took our sicknesses and removed our diseases.”
Remember this; the afflictions in our bodies were laid upon Jesus. He bore them so we do not need to bare them…all we have to do is to recognize and accept that fact. Your healing, my healing, your loved ones healing, has been all carried out, completed and finished in Christ.
Yes, no believer has to live a life with constant, consistent troubles. It would mean the very end to chronic physical trouble to the believer if he would recognize and accept the fact that Jesus bore ALL for him for today and forever.
In Christ we have the perfect Redemption… Satan is conquered as stated in Hebrews 2:14 Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—Jesus also became flesh and blood by being born in human form. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the Devil, who had the power of death.
Satan was and is stripped of his authority to the believer, as stated in Revelation 1:18 I am the living one who died. Look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave…
Satan was put to nought; and to the believer, Satan’s ability was and is paralyzed. Colossians 2:15 In this way, God disarmed the evil rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross of Christ.
Satan has no dominion over us as stated in Romans 6:14, Sin is no longer your master, for you are no longer subject to the law, which enslaves you to sin.
Instead, you are free by God’s grace. When we repent and turn from our sin we can see grace abounding. The believer must recognize that Redemption has delivered him from sin-consciousness and freed him from condemnation.
If sin-consciousness rules, than acting on the Word is impossible. By Faith in the Word we proclaim that we are Redeemed…getting rid of sin-consciousness, condemnation, braking Satan’s dominion, setting us free.
Let’s look at five scriptures in God’s Word that reinforces our redemption through Jesus Christ:
1. Ephesians 1:7 He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven.
2. 2 Corinthians 5:17 What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!
3. 1 Peter 1:4 For God has reserved a priceless inheritance for his children. It is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay.
4. Romans 8:1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
5. Romans 8:33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? Will God? No! He is the one who has given us right standing with himself.
Every believer has a legal right to stand in the Father’s presence without condemnation and if he does that he will be acting on the Word and then everything that belongs to him in Christ becomes available. This will take knowing who Christ is and who you are in Christ Jesus.
Remember to always think of Satan as the eternally defeated one.
As always, Love in Christ Jesus,