This morning in our daily thoughts we will continue on the thought of healing. Let’s bring forth proof through the scriptures that it is God’s will to heal our spiritual being as well as our physical being through His grace and mercy.
While studying cases in the Bible regarding sickness and diseases we can conclude:
1. That health was natural before sin entered… Gen. 1:26-31; Genesis 2:17 “except fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat of its fruit, you will surely die.”
2. That death entered through sin as part of the curse… Romans 5:12-21 When Adam sinned, sin entered the entire human race. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned…
The sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over us, but all who receive God’s wonderful, gracious gift of righteousness through Christ Jesus, can live in triumph over sin and assured of Eternal life forever with Jesus Christ.
Yes, Adam’s one sin brought condemnation upon everyone, but Christ’s one act of righteousness makes all people right in God’s sight and gives them a new spirit, yes a new life if they will believe and receive.
Because one person disobeyed God, many people became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many people will be made right in God’s sight.
3. That the first promise of redemption included healing for the body through Jesus… Genesis 3:15 From now on, you and the woman will be enemies, and your offspring and her offspring will be enemies. He will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”
Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed!
Matthew 8:16 -17 That evening many demon-possessed people were brought to Jesus. All the spirits fled when he commanded them to leave; and he healed all the sick. This fulfilled the word of the Lord through Isaiah, who said, “He took our sicknesses and removed our diseases.”
1 Peter 2:24 He personally carried away our sins in his own body on the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. You have been healed by his wounds!
4. That sickness originated with and is still being propagated by Satan and his demons… Job 2:6-7 “All right, do with him as you please,” the LORD said to Satan. “But spare his life.” So Satan left the LORD’S presence, and he struck Job with a terrible case of boils from head to foot.
Matthew 4:23-24 Jesus traveled throughout Galilee teaching in the synagogues, preaching everywhere the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed people who had every kind of sickness and disease. News about him spread far beyond the borders of Galilee so that the sick were soon coming to be healed from as far away as Syria. And whatever their illness and pain, or if they were possessed by demons, or were epileptics, or were paralyzed-he healed them all.
Matthew 5:14-21 You are the light of the world-like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all to see. Don’t hide your light under a basket! Instead, put it on a stand and let it shine for all. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. Teaching about the Law,
“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to fulfill them. I assure you, until heaven and earth disappear, even the smallest detail of God’s law will remain until its purpose is achieved. So if you break the smallest commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be great in the Kingdom of Heaven.”
But I warn you-unless you obey God better than the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees do, you can’t enter the Kingdom of Heaven at all! Teaching about Anger “You have heard that the law of Moses says, ‘Do not murder. If you commit murder, you are subject to judgment.”
John 10:10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness.
Acts 10:38 And no doubt you know that God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. Then Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the Devil, for God was with him.
5. That the first healing in Scripture was by prayer and that the first recorded bodily affliction was the consequence of disobeying God and that when conditions were met, healing was given in answer to prayer…
(Gen. 20:1-18). Genesis 20:7 Now return her to her husband, and he will pray for you, for he is a prophet. Then you will live. But if you don’t return her to him, you can be sure that you and your entire household will die. “Genesis 20:17 Then Abraham prayed to God, and God healed Abimelech, his wife, and the other women of the household, so they could have children.
6. That in all cases of healing in Scripture; prayer, atonement, and spiritual means were used instead of human remedies.
7. That spiritual means to heal sickness and disease is all that God has provided for man…Exodus 15:26 “If you will listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his sight, obeying his commands and laws, then I will not make you suffer the diseases I sent on the Egyptians; for I am the LORD who heals you.”
James 5:14-15 Are any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord. And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven.
8. That God did permit the devil to afflict Job, but that God used the affliction to purify and refine him… (Job 2:6-7;42:1-7). God did not leave him sick all of his life; so this is no example for modern believers to follow. After the test God healed him; so if anyone today claims he is under a test like Job, let him also learn his lesson and get healed. Let him believe God will heal him as He did Job.
9. That God, to bring sinners to repentance, (does permit) Satan to afflict them (Job 33:12-30; 1 Cor. 5:1-5; 2 Cor. 2:6-11).
10. That God always healed when the lessons were learned and men came to repentance… (Gen. 20:7,17; Num. 12:13-16; 21:1-9; Job 33:12-30; 42:1-12; Ps. 103:3 He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.)
11. That the disciples were authorized to carry on the work of healing throughout this age to confirm the Word of God … Matthew 28:20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Hebrews 2:3-4 What makes us think that we can escape if we are indifferent to this great salvation that was announced by the Lord Jesus himself? It was passed on to us by those who heard him speak, and God verified the message by signs and wonders and various miracles and by giving gifts of the Holy Spirit whenever he chose to do so.
12. That all disciples throughout this age are commanded to observe all things Christ commanded the early disciples…Matt. 28:20; Acts 1:1-8…Acts 1:1 v1…In my first book (in Luke) I told you about everything Jesus began to do and teach …v8 But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power and will tell people about me everywhere-in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
13. That Jesus commanded the disciples to get definite power to confirm the Word of God before they went out … Luke 24:49 “And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven.
Mark 16:15-20 And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned. These signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak new languages (tongues). They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won’t hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick and heal them.” When the Lord Jesus had finished talking with them, he was taken up into heaven and sat down in the place of honor at God’s right hand. And the disciples went everywhere and preached, and the Lord worked with them, confirming what they said by many miraculous signs.
14. That Jesus sent the Holy Spirit into the world to carry on the healing ministry, both spiritually and physically, Acts 1:1-8; Acts 2:33-35 Now he sits on the throne of highest honor in heaven, at God’s right hand. And the Father, as he had promised, gave him the Holy Spirit to pour out upon us, just as you see and hear today. For David himself never ascended into heaven, yet he said, ‘The LORD said to my Lord, Sit in honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.’ 1 Cor. 12:7-11; Heb. 2:3-4.
15. That Jesus promised such power to every believer… Mark 9:23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.” Mark 11:22-24 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. I assure you that you can say to this mountain, ‘May God lift you up and throw you into the sea,’ and your command will be obeyed. All that’s required is that you really believe and do not doubt in your heart. Listen to me! You can pray for anything, and if you believe, you will have it. John 14:12-15; 15:7, 16.
16. That healing is on the same basis as forgiveness of sins…Matthew 9:5-6 Is it easier to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven’ or ‘Get up and walk’? I will prove that I, the Son of Man, have the authority on earth to forgive sins.” Then Jesus turned to the paralyzed man and said, “Stand up, take your mat, and go on home, because you are healed!”
Jesus showed His mercy and grace by healing mankind in both forgiving their sins and the physical healing of their bodies. Yes, He showed His love, mercy and grace to all mankind.
So with this said, never limit the love of your Father, God. He gave us His Son so we can have a relationship with Him. When we reachout and ask God in faith and believe that He wants to heal our mind, body, spirit and soul, we can be assured of His love.
What is it that you are in need of? Jesus came to show who He is, the healer of both our spiritual souls and our physical bodies! He is the same, yesterday, today and forever.
Ask, believe and receive. The power of Jesus and the power of His name is unlimited!
Yes, Jesus did and still does have the authority to heal. His authority in His name and through His name has been given to the believer through the working of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
17. That healing proves the resurrection of Christ… Romans 8:11 The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as he raised Christ from the dead, he will give life to your mortal body by this same Spirit living within you.
Acts 3:15-16 You killed the author of life, but God raised him to life. And we are witnesses of this fact! “The name of Jesus has healed this man-and you know how lame he was before. Faith in Jesus’ name has caused this healing before your very eyes.
Believe His Word for today. Faith is what moves God. It is important to know the Word of God for the Word builds faith.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,