In this morning thoughts we will summarize in a few points that God heals those who come to Him believing the Word, in faith.
There are times we do not understand the why’s and how come, but sometimes it is not for us to understand somethings, we have to put those things in God’s hands.
Let me make it perfectly clear, we are to ALWAYS ask of God in faith for the things needed in life be it spiritually or physically. God is the way maker and can make a way where we see no way!
1. God healed people in both the Old and New Testaments, to all that came in faith. God is no respecter of persons (Romans 2:11), and in James 2:9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
This proves that God will heal all alike if he has ever healed anyone. Healing is a part of His promises to provide for all alike, and it is one of the benefits for which Jesus died. (Mattthew 8:16-17; 1 Peter. 2:24).
2. God made it plain, His will concerning healing. Ask in faith, believe by faith and let God be God.
Matthew 8:17; “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.”
1 Peter 2:24: “He himself bore our sins’ in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; ‘by his wounds you have been healed.“
3. It was God’s perfect will that man should be healthy and sinless forever when He created him, and that is still His highest will, because of sin we die both spiritually and physically. Jesus came to save us from our sins, to set His people free, free from the slavery and bondage of sin in one’s life.
We are to strive to be both sinless and healthy, until His return or until the way of the grave, which ever comes first. Our perfection will come in Heaven, Eternity, a life forever healed both spiritually and physically.
3 John 2: “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.“
4. Jesus Christ proved it to be God’s will to heal all the sick when He actually healed all that were oppressed of the devil (Acts 10:38). And when He gave the early church power to carry on the work He “begin both to do and to teach” (Acts 1:1-8); Matt. 29:19-20; Mark 16:15-20; John 14:12-15). It is God’s will to heal!
5. Sin was dealt with just as sickness should be dealt with. (Matt. 9:1-12; James 5:14-16; Matt. 13:15).
6. Jesus dealt with both sin and sickness. He died, shed His blood to heal men of their spiritual sickness and bore both sickness and disease on the cross of Calvary. (Matt. 8:16-17; John 10:10; 12:14-15; Acts 10:38; 1 Pet. 2:24).
7. Every time men asked Christ to heal He did it and repeatedly He said, “I will” (Matt. 8:2, 7; John 5:6), John 12:49.
8. Healing and health is specifically stated to be the will of God (3 John 2; John 10:10; Acts 10:38; Matt. 8:16-17; 1 Pet. 1:24).
9. The fact that God did not create sickness as part of the perfect creation and the fact that sickness is here because of the work of the devil and because of sin, proves that it is not God’s perfect will for it to be in the human race. We are to strive to be of good health and to live a life of righteusness. Rom. 5:12-21; Acts 10:38; John 10:10; Luke 13:16; 3 John 2.
10. God’s prescription for the sick proves that He does not will men to be sick (James 5:14-16; 1:4-8; Mark 11:22-24).
11. The ministry of the Holy Spirit in the church through the Gifts of the Holy Spirit proves that God is merciful and cares for the hurting. It is God’s will for men to be healed. He has made a way for healing both spiritually and physically. (Rom 8:11; 1 Cor. 12:1-31; Acts 1:8; Luke 24:49).
If men will seek half as hard for an excuse to believe God as they do for an excuse to disbelieve Him they would get more of the benefits of the gospel.
No matter the situation, through sickness or disease we should always trust God. He heals both spiritually and physically to show us who He is.
I believe one of the greatest regrets of Heaven will be that when we get there and see how fully God had provided for our needs on Earth and how anxious He was to bless us with abundance of everything, we will have wished we had believed Him more in this life.
Let us start TODAY…believe in the greatness of God and His promises, refuse to let any man or demon rob us of the full benefits we can have NOW!
As always, Love in Christ Jesus,