Let’s begin our thoughts this morning by stating; man was created in the very image of God. You and me, created in His image, in the likeness of God. How exciting is that? Are we living up to His likeness?
God is holy, honest, truthful and fair. We are to strive to be all that God is. When we become born again we receive a new spirit. You might say, we are now to be as He is, pure and holy, for we are the righteousness of Christ.
Just as Christ Jesus had a choice, so do we as believers. We are always to say, in our communication to our Heavenly Father, God, as Christ did, “not my will but yours” . Christ is to be our example in all we do. Jesus used the Word of God to support His answers, so must we.
God’s Word is TRUTH, ACTIVE and ALIVE to those whom will believe. Here we can see the importance of God’s Word. The TRUTH of the Gospel.
Our words are important when spoken from the heart. Are your words encouraging? They can bring life to one’s spirit or bring death to one’s spirit. Does your words bring life or death to one’s spirit?
- As stated in James 3:6 (NLT) And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. It can set your whole life on fire, for it is set on fire by hell itself.
- Again in Isaiah 55:11 (NLT) It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
Satan has been given authority over the natural/ carnal man. But as born-again Christians, we are not of this world, so Satan is not our god.
Do you know who you are in Christ?
Jesus gave authority to every believer to stand against Satan; this includes binding the forces of darkness and rendering Satan helpless.
We as believers MUST stand strong and hold our ground. This only can be done through Christ Jesus and what He did for us on the cross.
The BIBLE…is ACTIVE and ALIVE. The Living Word.
- As stated in Ephesians 6:17 (NLT) Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
This is the very basis of our weapons; the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT-the Word of God. Jesus was the “living Word” the Word of God and we have been given His written Word; the Bible- God’s Word.
Let’s begin exercising our God given authority over Satan by using the Word of God; the power of God.
When the believer gets the Word of God deep within their spirit, it will be the very spirit of God, the power of the Holy Spirit speaking out with boldness. Spiritual power will begin to be released to change the natural circumstances of their life. God’s Word comes alive.
As Christians we are commanded to live a lifestyle of continual praise giving thanks for all things.
Are you filled with an attitude of gratefulness and praise or grumbling and complaining?
Give Him praise and supernatural joy will come.
- Ephesians 4:31 (NLT) Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior.
- 1 Corinthians 10:10 (NLT) And don’t grumble as some of them did, and then were destroyed by the angel of death.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT) Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
Are you known as a peacemaker who strengthens those around you, bringing unity to the body “the church”? If not, now is a good time to start! Your words are important.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,