As I look into the Word of God this morning I see the very meaning of seeking God for who He is, a loving God. The true Christian now takes on a changed mind, thoughts and actions…
Yes, the very image and qualities of God himself. James 4:12 “Against such there is no law” since “God alone, who made the law, can rightly judge among us. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to condemn your neighbor?
- Jesus said, a true Christian will seek God’s way of life. Matthew 6:33 (KJV) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
To seek God first – means – to put God above every thought, every desire, every need, every passion, every fear, every hope, every want we might have.
Another translation says it like this “and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.” Matthew 6:33 (NLT).
In other words, God must be in all our dealings, consider God’s Word for advice in everything. Remember – there is a reward for true believers, not only in this life but the life after.
- Hebrews 11:16 But they were looking for a better place, a heavenly homeland. That is why God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a heavenly city for them.
There is a Payday coming to all true believers who develop God-like character, NOW-TODAY and in the life after.
- Mark 10:29-30 And Jesus replied, “I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News, will receive now in return, a hundred times over, houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property—with persecutions. And in the world to come they will have eternal life.
Yes – get connected to God be in love with God and maintain the connection…blessings are waiting to all that do! You will also receive the gift of eternal life, which is the real purpose of human existence.
JESUS is our perfect example.
- John 1:9 The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was going to come into the world.
- John 14:6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
To know God is to know Jesus and to know Jesus is to accept Jesus into your heart as Lord and Savior of your life from this moment until eternity. It will take a life of self-discipline, obedience to God’s ways.
A thought to ponder…Disobedience = SIN the pathway to destruction. Obedience = God’s BLESSINGS and FAVOR the pathway to God’s heart.
Will you pay the Price? Obedience, self-denial …and your Temple WILL BE filled will GOD’S blessings and favor!
As always, love in Christ Jesus,