This morning my thoughts and concern go to those who easily allow fear to run rampid in their lives. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit is greater than our WHAT IF’s. Yes, today is enough to be concerned for and take care of. God will take care of tomorrow.
Today is the day to seek God for we do not know what tomorrow may bring. As the song says, “I don’t know about tomorrow I just live from day to day”. Yes, God knows what tomorrow will bring and I am confident that He has this all in His control. “For I am sheltered in the hands of God.”
Fear is a destructive tool in which Satan uses to destroy the very mind and spirit of mankind. God’s Word speaks highly on fearing not. When we place our hope in Christ Jesus and His finished work through the cross of Calvary our fear will diminish.
Dwelling on God and His Word brings life to the spirit and very soul of the believer. Let’s look at seven of the greatest scriptures that will help us become over-comers of fear.
Thank God for His Word.
Thank God for His Son, Jesus and His blood shed for you and me.
Thank God for sending us the Holy Spirit, the boldness and power to be a witness of who God and Jesus is working in and through every believer.
Throughout the Bible there are hundreds of promises for the believer to receive into our mind, body, soul and spirit.
Listed below are 7 great promises – scriptures to FEAR NOT for the believer.
1) Isaiah 41:10-13 (KJV) Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
2) Timothy 1:7 (NKJV) For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
2) Psalm 34:4 (NIV) I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
4) Romans 8:38-39 (NIV) For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
5) Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV) Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
6) 1 Peter 5:7 (NIV) Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
7) Psalm 55:22 (NIV) Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.
It is my prayer that we all look to God in earnest prayer with thanksgiving and praise. I believe God’s Word, and my trust is in God and His plan for all mankind.
As His Word states in Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV) “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.”
As always, love in Christ Jesus,