My thoughts today go to overcoming the attacks of Satan. It will take both standing firm in Christ, on/in His Word and through prayer, praying in the Holy Spirit; for the Spirit knows how to pray.
Ultimately, we will always have a testimony to share when we stand firm on the foundation of Christ for Satan can find nothing in us but Christ alone.
Ask yourself theses QUESTIONS:
- Are you a believer?
- Are your sins under the blood?
- Are you saved by the blood of the Lamb (Jesus)? Jesus broke the power of sin in every believers life. When we accept Jesus into our lives He breaks the power and grip of sin, and “sets us free”. FREE from Satan and His hold on/in our lives.
- Are you ashamed to confess Christ openly and publicly?
- Are you willing to say, “I believe Christ is the Son of God.”?
- Are you willing to lay it all on the line? Can you say, As much as in me, I’m going with God and I’m going for God with all within me; all my mind, my will, my emotions, my soul and my spirit…my entire body belongs to God.
Jesus overcame Satan through the Word of God and through the power of the Holy Spirit. We are no different in that sense; we will overcome Satan in our life by the blood of Jesus, through the Word of God, prayer and through the power of the Holy Spirit, in the degree that He is residing in us.
- Apostle Paul tells us to put on the whole armor of God that we may be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Paul states in Ephesians 6:11 , to “put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles (trickery) of the devil.”
The devil-Satan , is counting on that we will see the (fun and pleasure in sin). The devil is asking us to invest in something of immediate return without telling us about the risk, the outcome, the ugly side!
The devil approaches us with exaggerated emphasis on the pleasure we can enjoy if we sin.
The devil is counting on us to act on the immediate pleasure and does not want us to stop and think when we are approached with tempted behavior.
Satan does not want us to study the Word, pray and consider if something is right or not.
Let me encourage you today, to take time to read His Word, pray and consider the ways of God.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,