An important note to start today’s thought. Do not give Satan an opening into our lives through our emotions and mood. The devil will use this as a way to erode your character and to lead you into sin and gradually turn you away from God.
We must always be ready to repent, forgive and turn away from all appearance of evil.
- Ephesians 4:26, makes this very clear. “Be angry and do not sin, do not let the sun go down on your wrath; nor give place to the devil.”
How exciting it is to know that God did not leave us defenseless; for He has given us His Word and the Holy Spirit to guide and lead us into all truth.
What are these might weapons that we as believers are to use against Satan?
- Ephesians 6:10-18 (KJV), Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication (asking) in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.
Yes, as stated in verse 18, above, It will take much praying, in the spirit, standing strong in faith and in the Word of God.
Let me bring out a few of the strongholds that Satan has on God’s people; then we will conclude with how to break the strongholds in one’s life through prayer and fasting. Scriptures speaks of this battle as spiritual warfare against Satan and his demons.
- 2 Corinthians 10:3 We are human, but we don’t wage war with human plans and methods.
- Ephesians 6:12 For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms.
What is a stronghold? Webster describes a stronghold as a fortress, or an area dominated or occupied by a special group. We could define strongholds as the following:
- Any ongoing condition that is contrary to God’s Word and His plans for our lives.
- Any condition that stands as an obstacle between us and a perfect relationship with our Creator. Any condition that distracts from and destroys one’s spiritual potential, preventing them from experiencing life more abundantly, which Jesus said He came to bring.
There is no human being that can destroy a stronghold of Satan without God. God alone is able. If God fights the battle or empowers us with His weapons, the forces of evil cannot stand.
1 John 4:4 But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won your fight with these false prophets, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,