May I open today’s thoughts by stating what someone once said, your body has been “purchased by Christ and is sanctified by the presence of God himself through his Holy Spirit. We must therefore sanctify and consecrate it as well…by living the life of the Spirit, a life of holiness.”
Consecrating ourselves has all to do with being obedient to God’s ways not following our own self wants and desires. Following are six ways you can allow sin to enter your temple. Our bodies plays an important part in consecrating ourselves to God. Do you allow:
- your mind to think on things you should NOT think?
- your eyes to see what you should NOT see?
- your ears to hear what you should NOT hear?
- your mouth to speak what you should NOT speak?
- your hands to touch what you should NOT touch?
- your feet to go where you should NOT go?
Make up your mind, NOT TO ALLOW SIN to enter your body, into God’s House.
- Jeremiah 6:19 Listen, all the earth! I will bring disaster upon my people. It is the fruit of their own sin because they refuse to listen to me. They have rejected all my instructions.
- There are consequences of not dealing with a sin. Sin will weaken the walls and structure of “the temple” causing decay to the body, soul and spirit, bringing suffering and death. Sin – will hold you captive. Acts 8:22-23.
- Sin – will not go unpunished. Yes, every secret brought to light. Romans 2:12-16.
What should be done about sin? The believer should NEVER attempt to condone or excuse sin.
There are ONLY two things that should be done about sin:
- confess or “acknowledge it” and
- forsake it.
By yielding completely to God with our entire body; our mind, will, emotions and our heart as believers we are restored in fellowship with God.
YES, by accepting Jesus as your Savior, confessing your sins and turning from ALL wrong doing – you now become in right standing and fellowship with God.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,