In today’s thought are great promises from God written in the Bible given to whom will believe. Throughout the Bible are great and mighty promises for those who will believe and receive.
Just an added note; I have noticed, many of the promises are conditional.
Here is a promise: What God says He will fulfill! We have been promised that God will not take back a single word. The promises of God is for us to believe by faith and receive.
As stated in Psalm 89:34, TLB. “No, I will not break my covenant; I will not take back one word of what I said.” The promises of God are yes and amen,
- 2 Corinthians 1:20 NKJV. “For all the promises of God in Him are yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.”
None of God’s promises will ever fail as stated in Joshua 23:14, ESV. “…not one word has failed of all the good things that the LORD your God promised concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one of them has failed.”
- John 3:16 is one of the most quoted, most loved Bible verses in the New Testament. This Scripture has been used by evangelists over the years to invite many people to come to Christ. The foundation of this much loved verse is and always will be, the love of the Father. As is stated below,
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Colossians 1:12-13 (WEB) giving thanks to the Father, who made us fit to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light; who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the Kingdom of the Son of his love.
I believe the greatest promise in God’s Word is the promise of Salvation for all whom will believe and receive which also includes the promise of eternal life.
“I have given you eternal life because you have believed in Jesus Christ.
1 John 2:25, NKJV. “And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.”
He promises to shield us and deliver us from the hand of the wicked. Psalm 27:10 (NLT) says it this way… You who love the Lord, hate evil! He protects the lives of his godly people and rescues them from the power of the wicked.
A promise on how to find God… If you search for Me with all your heart, you will find Me…Jeremiah 29:13 (WEB) You shall seek me, and find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart.
Searching involves all of your body. It must come from the depths of your heart, being truthful; which will include giving your mind, your will, your emotions and your spirit to God and allowing the Holy Spirit to have full reign in/ to the situation you are asking.
If searching for (more of God) or simply an answer to a situation; one must be open to God, surrendering/ yielding our mind, soul and spirit to God and allow the Holy Spirit to guide, direct and lead us into the truth.
Meeting the condition of the promise will go a long way in receiving the promise. Trust and acknowledging God in all our ways. As we die to self, learn and walk out the character of Christ, we can begin to see the rewards of God’s blessings and His promises being fulfilled
- Matthew 7:7-11 (WEB) “Ask, and it will be given you. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and it will be opened for you. For everyone who asks receives. He who seeks finds. To him who knocks it will be opened. Or who is there among you, who, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, who will give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him! I am at work in your life through the desires of your heart.
I like how the Amplified Bible translates Philippians 2:13 (AMP) ... [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.
- Galatians 3:29 (WEB) If you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to promise. Since you are in Christ, I have made you an heir of all My promises.
Every one of the promises that God made to Abraham now belongs to us because we belong to Jesus Christ and are now heirs according to the promise.
Just think of that for a moment. You are an heir of God and a joint heir with Jesus . Every promise that God made to Abraham is part of your own spiritual inheritance! Romans 8:17
- Galatians 4:6 (WEB) And because you are children, God sent out the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, “Abba, Father!”I sent the Spirit of My Son into your heart so you could call Me Father.
The greatest gift that the Father could give us was the Spirit of His Son, Jesus. Each one who is born again, carries within their being the very life and nature of Jesus Christ Himself.
Galatians 4:7 goes on to say… So you are no longer a bondservant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. (WEB)
As Always, love in Christ Jesus,