Let me remind you this morning that we have been promised that God can do the impossible. It’s in the Bible,
- Luke 18:27, NKJV. “But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” We have been promised Salvation; a new heart and desires.
- Ezekiel 36:26, NKJV. “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.” We have been promised forgiveness.
As we read the many promises of God from the Bible scriptures below, be aware of the conditions we must meet to gain the benefits from these promises.
1 John 1:9, NKJV. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
- We have been promised that our sins will be far removed from us. Psalm 103:12, NKJV. “As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.”
- We have been promised that our sins will be buried. Micah 7:19, NKJV. “He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.”
- We have been promised the fruit of the Spirit and as a believer, will have these virtues as stated in Galatians 5:22-23, NKJV. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.”
We are promised the Holy Spirit. “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” Luke 11:13 NKJV.
- The Holy Spirit will guide you and show you the truth. John 16:13, KJV. “…When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.”
- We have been promised to have no lack of anything that is needed. Psalms 34:9-10, NKJV. “Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear (reverence) Him . The young lions lack and suffer hunger; but those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.”
- We have been promised God will take care of your day-to-day needs. Matthew 6:31-34, NKJV. “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”
- You have been promised as you meditate on God’s word your way will be prosperous. Joshua 1:8, NKJV. “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.”
- We are told to test God, see if He will bless you with more than you can hold. Malachi 3:10-11, NKJV. “‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,’ says the Lord of hosts, ‘If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it. ‘And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,’ says the Lord of hosts.”
- We have been promised that all of our needs will be supplied. Philippians 4:19, NKJV. “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
- God promised to give the best He had and He did by giving us His only Son. Romans 8:32, NKJV. “He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?”
- We have been promised that God does not hold back anything that is for your benefit or good. Psalm 84:11, TLB. “For Jehovah God is our Light and our Protector. He gives us grace and glory. No good thing will He withhold from those who walk along his paths.”
- We have been promised of health and healing. Jeremiah 30:17, NKJV. “For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,’ says the Lord.”
- God promises health to us if we listen. Exodus 15:26. “If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you.”
- We have been promised that God heals us and forgives us. Psalms 103:2-3, NKJV. “Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases.”
- We have been promised Wisdom. James 1:5, NKJV. “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”
- We have been promised that God gives wisdom and guides us. Psalms 32:8, KJV. “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.”
- We have been promised wisdom. Proverbs 3:5-7, NKJV. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil.”
As always, love in Christ Jesus,