This morning my thoughts go to our authority over Satan. God has given every believer authority to bind the works of Satan and loose the power of God here on earth thru the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus tells the church in Matthew 16:19 And I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you lock on earth will be locked in heaven, and whatever you open on earth will be opened in heaven.”
- And in Matthew 18:18 “I tell you this: Whatever you prohibit on earth is prohibited in heaven, and whatever you allow on earth is allowed in heaven.” We as believers have been given authority…to do something! This includes binding Satan and the works of Satan “Sin” in our lives.
SIN creates spiritual decay to the mind, soul and body. SIN brings suffering and death. We must submit to God’s instructions. We are nothing in our self (the natural man) but in Christ we are everything.
In Him we live, move and have our existence. In Him, in Christ we are victorious. To be in Him we must submit to His will, His Word.
To follow Christ, means more than obeying and submitting to God’s commandments; His ways as written throughout the Bible…it’s the denial of self, selfish desires, and the struggle to put God first.
We can do ALL things through Christ that strengthens us. Put on the things that are of good report. Do not give ANY thought, any place, for those things that are not good or of good report.
Yes, this is real suffering. In this way we as humans carry the same cross through life that Jesus did.
- Philippians 1:29 For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.
There is a struggle that is particularly difficult in today’s world and that is the spiritual fight that must take place to put down thoughts and actions, threatening the relationship between God and one of His children. To maintain closeness to God, a person must think and act like God does.
The Greek word for Sin is “hamartia” meaning “misses the mark” and in the Hebrew there are many meanings, “hata, pasha- trespass–rebelliousness, aveira- transgression, avone- iniquity-a sin done out of moral failing”.
- Paul wrote to Christians encouraging them in 2 Corinthians 10:4-5, We use God’s mighty weapons, not mere worldly weapons, to knock down the Devil’s strongholds. With these weapons we break down every proud argument that keeps people from knowing God. With these weapons we conquer their rebellious ideas, and we teach them to obey Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 10:5-7 (KJV) “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.”
- (verse 7) Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? (In other words, at the obvious facts) “If any man trust to himself that he is Christ’s, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ’s, even so are we Christ’s.”
The supreme sacrifice to all true Christians today is written in Romans 12:1-2 “And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will accept. When you think of what he has done for you, is this too much to ask? “
“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.”
As always, love in Christ Jesus,