This morning in my daily thought, I will begin by stating that there is ONLY ONE thing we can do to RECEIVE what we ask for, and that is to BELIEVE. To believe is to TRUST.
Receiving must be by faith, faith in and complete trust in, the finished work of Jesus at the cross; yes, place your confidence in Jesus and His work done on and through the cross.
Begin NOW to rest in what is already DONE. We are only to ask in faith, believe in faith and receive by faith.
- DO YOU BELIEVE?
- What is it that you are in need off?
Ask now, by faith believe. Begin to thank God, now, relax and rest, for the ANSWER is on its way.
Walk in Victory: continue to walk in victory…expect the good report…for faith always has a good report. The Word of God is truth and the truth is God… which is bigger than any devil.
There is NOTHING to big or to small that God won’t do for the one that get hold of God and won’t give up. God is looking for a people that believe, God is and will do what He says He will do. It is in the Word! He cannot and will not lie.
- 1 John 4:4 states, But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won your fight with these false prophets, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.
Yes, you are more than an overcomer, because God’s’ righteousness is in you, for His Spirit resides in you.
Again let me say, the battle has been fought and has already been won! Jesus overcame Satan. For Jesus is in you as a believer and you don’t have to fight the battle, Jesus did it for you and for me…it has already been won!
- Colossians 1:27 sums it all up like this, “For it has pleased God to tell his people that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. For this is the secret: Christ lives in you, and this is your assurance that you will share in his glory”.
1 Peter 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.
(this includes everything –all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all –on Him…yes, He cares for you!).
God wants us to live a life of faith… acting on the knowledge that God gives us, for “…the just shall live by faith.”
- Romans 1:17 This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that
a righteous person has life.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:7,That is why we live by believing and not by seeing.
So you can say that you act faith…you talk faith (Gods’ promises) and you live faith; in other words, your actions and your words must agree that you are a believer…speaking and walking according to God’s’ Word.
- 2 Chronicles 16:9a The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him…
- Matthew 21:22 (KJV) And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
He did not say a few things that you pray for would come to pass or that just a prayer now and then would come to pass…
Jesus said, And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, (then, “ye shall receive.” You will never go wrong when you always pray the Word, the promises.
The last part of today’s thought as we continue on staying strong in the faith will include staying free from Satan. Believing the Word of God keeps us free from Satan’s deceiving ways.
Do you get sidetracked? Remember, WE CHOOSE; WHOM WE WILL SERVE?
- 1 Corinthians 10:21 (NLT) You cannot drink from the cup of the Lord and from the cup of demons, too. You cannot eat at the Lord’s Table and at the table of demons, too. See also Ephesians 5:11; Hebrews 11:25-27.
To break the hold (or grip) of Satan in your life you must choose to follow the truth, Jesus. This will take setting your mind on the truth, Jesus, and His Word. As Jesus has stated in the Bible,
- John 14:6, “He is the way, the truth and the Life.” As you apply Biblical principles daily in all you do, your mind and heart will begin to be renewed by the Spirit of God on the truth of things above.
- 1 John 5:5 (NLT) And the ones who win this battle against the world are the ones who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
When you say you believe in Jesus you are actually saying that you believe in all that Jesus did by going to the cross. Jesus came to bind up the broken hearted, to release the captives, and to set the people free. Free from the destructive powers of darkness.
So you can say to believe in Jesus is to believe in the Bible, God’s very Word to and for mankind. The power of Jesus is greater than the powers of Satan. His very Spirit resides in you as a believer, setting us free from ALL that holds him captive. Jesus has set us free from the grip of Satan.
You might say, the light of Jesus breaks the hold of Satan and destroys the works of darkness; setting the captive free.
- Repentance from sin and turning from all revealed sin is a must. Forgiveness is available to all that asks.
Once free, how can a person stay free? You must begin to fill your mind, soul and body with all that is Godly. When Jesus sets you free you are free indeed. You must believe that you are free and continue to follow Godly ways. Be filled with the Holy Spirit and begin to follow His direction into all truth as you read and study God’s Word and pray.
Lastly, another important factor in staying free is to stay away from all forms of ungodliness.
- Is what I’m doing or saying bringing glory to God?
- Is what I’m doing or saying advancing His Kingdom?
- Is what I’m doing or saying bringing people closer to Christ?
Ask God to reveal His Word to you as you read and study the Bible. Be obedient in all that He reveals. Living the Christian life is an ongoing process, which never stops until the Lord comes back or until you go by the way of the grave.
In other- wards, the Christian walk is a life experience with Christ, IN Christ, that is, allowing the Holy Spirit to work out those things in your life for His purpose.
- Galatians 2:20 (NLT) I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Thru believing God…His Word and applying it daily we can enter a place of rest, where we are assured that everything is OK.
- Hebrews 4:11 Let us do our best to enter that place of rest. For anyone who disobeys God (doubt and unbelief), as the people of Israel did, will fall.
God is speaking to all believers who obey Him, to enter a state of rest…a spiritual rest…THRU OBEDIENCE – TRUE BELIEVING.
- Romans 1:17 “This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith.” As the Scriptures say, “ It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”
Let’s begin TODAY, to live our FREEDOM in Christ, for Jesus says “in Him we live, move and have our being.”
It’s time we – Believe, Apply and Walk in God’s Word.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,