In this letter let me start by saying, there is another experience in which all believers should desire, after they become born-again. “This is that”, in which Jesus said all should receive…the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
For it is after they receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit, that the believer will be led by the Spirit in all truth, with boldness to witness and be a testimony. Yes, “this is that”, where your spirit bears witness with the Holy Spirit. Walking in the Spirit will take walking by faith.
You might say, this is the place at which Christ will began to flow through you and out of you with such an anointing. This is where the Holy Spirit can and will manifest the Gifts of the Spirit to whom He wills as needed for the situation at hand. The power of God at work in the believer.
As the believers waited, trusted God and prayed in the upper room, there was a surrender of their own desires and wants and a great expectancy of what the Lord had promised to them. God’s promise to all believer who would surrender and desire for what He has promised.
It is in Acts 1:8 that tells us how we receive the power to bear this fruit.
- Acts 1:8 “But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power and will tell people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- In Luke 11:9-13, Jesus promises that God the Father is the giver of good gifts. It is the Father’s will to bless us far exceedingly more than that of our earthly Fathers to whom will bless their own children. Jesus teaches, “How much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”
- As we see in Acts 1:12-15, the disciples and the 120 in the upper room took what Jesus said to their very heart…to wait, tarry, until the Holy Spirit came…they waited and prayed constantly together until they received this amazing gift. Ten days later on Pentecost they were filled with this precious gift, the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
It’s time today to begin to desire, hunger for this gift that Jesus has sent to all believers who would receive. Jesus said to, seek, ask and knock, you will be filled. Being filled with the Spirit will lead us into a better relationship with people and God alike. The fruit of the Holy Spirit will become noticeable in one’s life that is filled with the Holy Spirit.
As the Holy Spirit has His freedom, the gifts of the spirit will be manifested as is needed, to build up the body of Christ. Begin today, walking in the very power that Jesus had on earth…a life of victory…for His glory. FILLED with the Holy Spirit.
Because of what Jesus did over 2000 years ago, His death, burial and resurrection we now have access to the Father and the Holy Spirit; who takes up residency within every born again believer to whom will believe and receive. God has provided for us an abundant and fruitful Christian life.
- Jesus said, in John 10:10, The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy.
My purpose is to give life in all its fullness.
- Also in John 15:5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.”
As stated above, Jesus has promised the one who abides in Him will bear much fruit.
- Galatians 5:22 – 23 tells us of the various fruit of the Spirit “But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law.”
To better understand this wonderful infilling of the Holy Spirit we must first understand the very nature and make up of mankind.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,