My thoughts this morning are on what is meant by devotions. Another important step in winning the spiritual battle in our lives is DAILY DEVOTIONS.
We were created for God’s pleasure and our Father, God, wants us to pay Him a visit. Daily devotions is simply a time to communicate with Go.
Daily devotions consist of Bible study, meditate (reflect) on His Word and prayer, communication, which is the very means God has given us to speak to Him.
The Bible which is the Living Word of God, when studied and reflected upon, will give us understanding and revelation; that of who God is and who we are in Christ; by the Holy Spirit, who dwells within each child of God. In your daily devotions consider making these things part of your life. Pray and ask God for a desire to spend part of each day with Him.
Pray and ask God to give you the discipline necessary to visit Him daily. Praying with your heavenly Father will bring pleasure to Him and you will receive DELIGHT that is indescribable; a peace that surpasses our own understanding.
When you come into God’s presence, always remember to listen to Him, for prayer is to be a TWO WAY conversation. When you go to Him in prayer, go to Him thoroughly cleansed of sin…give Him your total body; your mind, your emotions, your will.
In other words, our spirit, soul and body which includes our mind, will and emotions are to be surrendered/ yielded to God. Anticipation and expectation to hear from God in prayer should be our everyday experience.
- Psalms 66:18 If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, my Lord would not have listened.
- 1 John 1:9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. Always ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any and all sin and then if there is sin confess these sins.
In other words, to over comer the attacks of Satan it will take both standing firm in Christ , on/in His Word and through prayer, praying in the Holy Spirit; for the Spirit knows how to pray.
Ultimately, we will always have a testimony to share when we stand firm on the foundation of Christ for Satan can find nothing in us but Christ alone.
Ask yourself theses QUESTIONS:
- Are you a believer?
- Are your sins under the blood?
- Are you saved by the blood of the Lamb (Jesus)? Jesus broke the power of sin in every believers life. When we accept Jesus into our lives He breaks the power and grip of sin, and “sets us free”. FREE from Satan and His hold on/in our lives.
- Are you ashamed to confess Christ openly and publicly?
- Are you willing to say, “I believe Christ is the Son of God.”?
- Are you willing to lay it all on the line? Can you say, As much as in me, I’m going with God and I’m going for God with all within me; all my mind, my will, my emotions, my soul and my spirit…my entire body belongs to God.
The ultimate question is: Are you willing to die for the Gospel?
In Revelation 12:11, it states this about the believers… “And they loved not their lives unto death.” How much do you love God!
As always, love in Christ Jesus,