This morning let me ask, What are these might weapons that we as believers are to use against Satan?
- Ephesians 6:10-18 (NLT) A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
Yes, as stated in verse 18, above, It will take much praying, in the spirit, standing strong in faith and in the Word of God.
Scriptures speaks of this battle as spiritual warfare against Satan and his demons.
- 2 Corinthians 10:3 We are human, but we don’t wage war with human plans and methods.
- Ephesians 6:12 For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms.
Let me bring out a few of the strongholds that Satan has on God’s people.
You might ask what is a stronghold? Webster describes a stronghold as a fortress, or an area dominated or occupied by a special group.
We could define strongholds in ones life as the following:
- Any ongoing condition that is contrary to God’s Word and His plans for our lives.
- Any condition that stands as an obstacle between us and a perfect relationship with our Creator.
- Any condition that distracts from and destroys one’s spiritual potential preventing us from experiencing life more abundantly, which Jesus said He came to bring. There is no human being that can destroy a stronghold of Satan but God. God alone is able. If God fights the battle or empowers us with His weapons, the forces of evil cannot stand. 1 John 4:4 But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won your fight with these false prophets, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.
Yes, God’s grace and power cannot and will not fail as stated in 2 Corinthians 12:9 Each time he said, “My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me.
Never forget this, His words are as true today as in the first century.
Romans 8:28 “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. ”
As always, love in Christ Jesus,