You might say, caring for God’s temple is managing your physical and spiritual life.
We must take it upon ourselves to manage both our own physical and spiritual life. Your body is a temple. Your body is not just any temple…IT’S GOD’S TEMPLE!
- “Don’t you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself.” 1 Corinthians 6:19 (NLT)
Guard the Gateway – 1 Peter 5:8-9 (NLT) “Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.”
Guard yourself; from all that you see, hear, think, eat and speak; choose wisely.
- 1 Corinthians 3:16 – 17 (NLT) “Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you? God will bring ruin upon anyone who ruins this temple. For God’s temple is holy, and you Christians are that temple.”
It’s the hidden things that can destroy God’s House.
You must: “above all else” – KEEP your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.
- LET your eyes look straight ahead, and you eyelids look right before you.
- PONDER the path of your feet, and
- LET all your ways be established.
- DO NOT turn to the right or the left.
- REMOVE your foot from evil.
- Proverbs 4:23-27 Walk in righteousness that of (right living); avoiding all temptations to even the beginnings of evil and unrighteousness.
- Proverbs 4:14 – 15 (KJV) Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. Fill your “temple” with the beauty of holiness. Our body is where the Spirit of God dwells.
- Psalms 29:2 (NLT) “Give honor to the LORD for the glory of his name. Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.”
“Holiness” is the very plan by which God builds up His living temple; our body His temple. When others look upon your life and lifestyle, do they see the beauty of holiness, a behavior that is reverent in behavior?
Take a minute and search your own mind and heart, are there perhaps some attitudes and practices you need to “put off” and “put away”?
The Bible calls to “…put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual sin, impurity, lust, and shameful desires.
- (Colossians 3:5–7) “Don’t be greedy for the good things of this life, for that is idolatry. God’s terrible anger will come upon those who do such things. You used to do them when your life was still part of this world.”
Your body is not your own. Apostle Paul’s words speak loudly in the Bible,
1 Corinthians 6:13. “Now the body is for the Lord”
In other-words; as believers, our bodies have been designed by God for Himself and for His purposes, not ours. The body of a believer is to be the instrument of the Lord and as stated in 1 Corinthians verse 20; “the body is to be used for Him and His glory.”
Yes, the body of the believer was purchased for a price; by Christ with His precious blood (1 Peter 1:18-19).
We are to be SAVED, SEALED and DELIVERED unto God.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,